The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by laurenl93
haha yeah that's right

but incase i get like a C in chemistry or something i wouldnt be able to apply next year and would have to do another degree

have you not got a back up plan JUST INCASE results day doesnt go as planned? i dont wanna be stuck on results day crying with the bottle of vodka in my hand is all :P

I'm trying to be as positive as possible. But if i start preparing for what i'll do if i don't get the grades, i just won't be as motivated to work my socks off when it comes to the revision, knowing that there's a backup plan.

I know the saying 'hope for the best, and prepare for the worst' - but i just don't want to go there :coma:
haha yeah that's right

but incase i get like a C in chemistry or something i wouldnt be able to apply next year and would have to do another degree

have you not got a back up plan JUST INCASE results day doesnt go as planned? i dont wanna be stuck on results day crying with the bottle of vodka in my hand is all :P

I have also accepted my fifth choice in case something unexpected happens but I plan on taking a gap year.

Its quite depressing watching people gettng offers from the Aberdeen waiting list even though I am happy for them
Original post by baztech
My mum says she would be happy as long as I am happy in whatever field I choose, sounds soppy but at least there is no pressure. I know she would be mega thrilled if I got in though.

May be using tonight to watch Series 6 of Futurama...

Lol, mine says exact same
Reply 1963
Original post by garlicbreadman
I have also accepted my fifth choice in case something unexpected happens but I plan on taking a gap year.

Its quite depressing watching people gettng offers from the Aberdeen waiting list even though I am happy for them

People are getting offers now ?
Original post by fruitfan
People are getting offers now ?

i have noticed 2 people who got offers recently, one today, and one a couple of weeks ago, saw it on the aberdeen med forum here

What makes things worse is that Edinburgh sent out an email saying they are full and if we hear it will be in august after A-level results,

Today is so depressing, feeling half-suicidal, im keeping up hope I will get in nxt year hopefully
:cry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1965
O
i have noticed 2 people who got offers recently, one today, and one a couple of weeks ago, saw it on the aberdeen med forum here

What makes things worse is that Edinburgh sent out an email saying they are full and if we hear it will be in august after A-level results,

Oh my ! That brings back the memories of....4....rejections. :frown:
Ill just have to stay strong. And you ! We are SO getting in this time round.
what sort of GCSE grades do Hull medical school look for?

Today is so depressing, feeling half-suicidal, im keeping up hope I will get in nxt year hopefully

Cheer up. Have some garlic bread. :biggrin: .
Lol, mine says exact same

I wish mine said that. But, she just puts too much pressure on me and thinks of me as a failure if I do not get into medicine.

Original post by fruitfan
O

Oh my ! That brings back the memories of....4....rejections. :frown:
Ill just have to stay strong. And you ! We are SO getting in this time round.

is it bad that when i talk to my friends about how i didnt get in or they mention uni that ive already decided which uni i WILL get into nextyear and ordered the prospectus and put the picture of the uni on my wall and planned with my friend how we'r gna travel to each others med schools and stuff :ninja:

it's the only thing that gets me through the day tbh :s-smilie:
Original post by firestar101
Cheer up. Have some garlic bread. :biggrin: .

Already had some yesterday

is it bad that when i talk to my friends about how i didnt get in or they mention uni that ive already decided which uni i WILL get into nextyear and ordered the prospectus and put the picture of the uni on my wall and planned with my friend how we'r gna travel to each others med schools and stuff :ninja:

it's the only thing that gets me through the day tbh :s-smilie:

Errm... My fifth choice is biochemistry, which i dont really want todo due to its job prospects and uses.

I am trying to focus on exams, then uckat then ucas then worry about the rest, lol, but whatever keeps u going.

I am just trying t think if things overall, if that makes sense, I mean I try to think about all thr things I have rather than what I dont. I have a relatiely good life and great family. Arghh, trying to put it across without sounding soo cheesy.

Basically, not getting into med is not the end of the world, we will all end up where we are supposed to some day.

Still.I want a med offerrrrrrrrrr:rolleyes:
Already had some yesterday

Errm... My fifth choice is biochemistry, which i dont really want todo due to its job prospects and uses.

I am trying to focus on exams, then uckat then ucas then worry about the rest, lol, but whatever keeps u going.

I am just trying t think if things overall, if that makes sense, I mean I try to think about all thr things I have rather than what I dont. I have a relatiely good life and great family. Arghh, trying to put it across without sounding soo cheesy.

Basically, not getting into med is not the end of the world, we will all end up where we are supposed to some day.

Still.I want a med offerrrrrrrrrr:rolleyes:

You had some garlic bread and never offered me some. I am upset now. :frown:

And, to think I thought you were the garlic bread man. The giver of garlic bread. You have to change your name now. :colone:
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital :smile:.
:beard:
Did you contact them via e-mail/phone or did you go straight to the hospital and were like "gimme a placement bitch :fuhrer:"?

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
OMG i just got the healthcare assistant job! :biggrin:

I'm sure no one cares but i'll just say it anyways
:grumble: I looked for that all year and didn't get it :nothing:

CONGRATULATIONS :grin: :bigsmile:
Original post by firestar101
You had some garlic bread and never offered me some. I am upset now. :frown:

And, to think I thought you were the garlic bread man. The giver of garlic bread. You have to change your name now. :colone:

Sorry, u r free to murder the garlicbreadman if that will make you feel better?
Guuuuuys have yous applied for student finance yet?

if so what the hell course did you put down when they ask you and where?

also congratulations funsizedkarategeek! :woo: how many hours p/w?

I accepted my biochem offer but didn't apply for finance.
The way i see it, if i don't get the grades i want i can still go, but it just means i get my funding later (perhaps in january or something) cos you can still apply for finance throughout the year, you just won't get it during the first term
I just don't want unnecessary paperwork/hassle with the UCAS, the uni, bank etc when i know i have no attention of actually taking it up..

And thanks :smile: I'm soo lucky to get it though! It's 37.5hours so full time
AND she's fine with me starting after my exams cos of all the paperwork/admin/references will take a while
Said she was impressed with me at interview but due to my limited amount of experience, she had to push it down to band 2 pay (was originally a band 3 post) but i'm not complaining! :biggrin:

Original post by -Taz-
0845 actually :biggrin:

In all seriousness i think i'll try and wake up at that time anyway, just so i don't lose all self-control

:banana: Well done, when are you starting?

Errrm, why would we apply for student finance? I'm taking a gap year and reapplying for medicine next year, so i assume i'll have to apply for finance then, right?

... RIGHT? :eek:

Haha so am I. I'll try be at the library by 9, wont leave till 4/5. Have lunch breaks etc like i was at school.
But i say that now, and in two weeks time when its 10 in the morning, i'll probably be in bed like :coma:

I start in July! I told her when my last exam was and she said it was fine! I was actually surprised cos i applied for it ages ago and thought they needed someone urgently
Original post by futuredoc77
:grumble: I looked for that all year and didn't get it :nothing:

CONGRATULATIONS :grin: :bigsmile:

Thank youu :smile:
Honestly, with everything that's happened since i got my fourth rejection
it's almost like my luck has turned around..
Almost like this gap year was meant to be :eek:
Either that or i shouldn't be doing medicine.. :redface:

It's great that good things have been happening to you... mine was the opposite :nothing: still is :facepalm2:

You'll have an awesome gap year, I can tell already :yep:

thats what i thought, then i got my job at the pharmacy and met a med student there back from uni who used to do my actual job in her gap year while reapplying and got into med school on her gap year with the exact job i have now :O
i was like THIS IS A SIGN

hehe.
Original post by futuredoc77
It's great that good things have been happening to you... mine was the opposite :nothing: still is :facepalm2:

You'll have an awesome gap year, I can tell already :yep:

Nah your luck will turn around! I'll be praying for you my little reverse oreo :wink:
This is the year for 2012 reapplicants to get in

That goes for all of you, if anyone of you gets four rejections this year..
:gunfire:
We can't let the team down
thats what i thought, then i got my job at the pharmacy and met a med student there back from uni who used to do my actual job in her gap year while reapplying and got into med school on her gap year with the exact job i have now :O
i was like THIS IS A SIGN

hehe.

Haha
Ain't no stoppin' us now (8)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending