The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by Nicola.Garner
just so your aware, there is 109 days until the 19th of september :biggrin:
thats 15 weeks and 4 days until university :smile: nice and excited now :smile: x

i counted less! 14 weeks :P i can move in on the 10th for tannery
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1821
Original post by esper109
I don't know about the applying for Leeds football team, but Clarence Dock definitely were setting up a football team this year if that helps.

Is there anything like a sports day? we should have halls vs halls
Original post by dmz
Is there anything like a sports day? we should have halls vs halls

There's an inter-halls competition covering a variety of sports with trophies for the winning halls (one for the overall winner and one for the highest scoring hall with less than 500 residents)
This tells you about the competition and the winning Sports Rep of the year http://sport.leeds.ac.uk/page.asp?section=184&sectionTitle=IMS+Halls
Can't remember who won the Shield and the Plate this year but will find out and let you know. Maybe The Tannery next year? ;-)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1823
Original post by accomoffice
There's an inter-halls competition covering a variety of sports with trophies for the winning halls (one for the overall winner and one for the highest scoring hall with less than 500 residents)

Oh nice!! I love sports days :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1824
This tells you about the competition and the winning Sports Rep of the year http://sport.leeds.ac.uk/page.asp?section=184&sectionTitle=IMS+Halls

Do you have any idea which sports there are? And when does it happen?
Original post by dmz
Do you have any idea which sports there are? And when does it happen?

It kicks off in around October, I think and runs until Easter. Not sure which sports - I know it covers the usuals (football, rugby, netball etc.) but I'm not sure what the other 9 are.
Reply 1826
It kicks off in around October, I think and runs until Easter. Not sure which sports - I know it covers the usuals (football, rugby, netball etc.) but I'm not sure what the other 9 are.

Oh, wow, thought it was one big day like sports day, but that's still great, any idea of they have basketball or sprints?
Original post by dmz
Oh, wow, thought it was one big day like sports day, but that's still great, any idea of they have basketball or sprints?

Not a clue :smile:
But I can find out tomorrow and post my findings
Reply 1828
Not a clue :smile:
But I can find out tomorrow and post my findings

Thanks, you're awesome!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
i counted less! 14 weeks :P i can move in on the 10th for tannery

thats fair, i was doing it with the date that i got on my letter for intro week :smile: x
Reply 1830
thats fair, i was doing it with the date that i got on my letter for intro week :smile: x

Really really can't wait now :tongue:
Reply 1831
hey :smile: just firmed leeds and just wondering if anyone knows which are the most sociable self catered halls?? :smile:
Reply 1832
Original post by indieb
hey :smile: just firmed leeds and just wondering if anyone knows which are the most sociable self catered halls?? :smile:

Bodngton, Lupton apparently
Original post by dmz
Really really can't wait now :tongue:

nor can i, :P how did you find out when your contract starts???
also do you know when well find out when we get our room offers?? x
Reply 1834
nor can i, :P how did you find out when your contract starts???
also do you know when well find out when we get our room offers?? x

accomoffice told me, Tannery's a week ahead of the others so yours is probably 17th

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/apply.html
Although we can't guarantee to give you your first choice of residence, we'll make every effort to find you somewhere suitable. This is why on the application form we ask you to tell us what is most important to you about your accommodation choice - en-suite facilities, location or cost, for example. If you have any special requirements they'll be taken into account - please give us as much information as you can on your application form.

If you have an unconditional offer at Leeds, we will allocate your accommodation by 1st August. If you have a conditional offer we will allocate your accommodation after your application becomes unconditional - in most cases soon after A-Level results are published.

Don't worry if your friends find out where they have been allocated before you do. We have nearly 8000 applications to deal with and have to send them out over a number of weeks.
Original post by dmz
accomoffice told me, Tannery's a week ahead of the others so yours is probably 17th

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/apply.html
Although we can't guarantee to give you your first choice of residence, we'll make every effort to find you somewhere suitable. This is why on the application form we ask you to tell us what is most important to you about your accommodation choice - en-suite facilities, location or cost, for example. If you have any special requirements they'll be taken into account - please give us as much information as you can on your application form.

If you have an unconditional offer at Leeds, we will allocate your accommodation by 1st August. If you have a conditional offer we will allocate your accommodation after your application becomes unconditional - in most cases soon after A-Level results are published.

Don't worry if your friends find out where they have been allocated before you do. We have nearly 8000 applications to deal with and have to send them out over a number of weeks.

nice and helpful that :P itll be just my luck if i go on holiday over september that ill get it that week and wont be able to pay the deposit :P x
Reply 1836
Okay I'm now 80% sure I'm going for Clarence Dock :cookie:
Reply 1837
Original post by tea kid
Okay I'm now 80% sure I'm going for Clarence Dock :cookie:

:five:
Reply 1838
nice and helpful that :P itll be just my luck if i go on holiday over september that ill get it that week and wont be able to pay the deposit :P x

when do we pay the deposit? I guess you could sort of set your account to pay out on a specific date?
Reply 1839
Original post by dmz
when do we pay the deposit? I guess you could sort of set your account to pay out on a specific date?

You have to pay the deposit and accept the accom contract within 7 days of receiving it.

Latest