The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MessyRoom
There were no homozygous chocolate cats.

thats exactly what i thought so therefore its not possible
Reply 1081
what was the answer for the ticks for anaerobic? is the cytoplasm an organelle?
Original post by Laura-Robbie
for the ticky one i ticked all three for produce atp, found in organelles was photosynthesis( chloroplasts) and aerobic respiration ( mitochondria)
and for electron transport chain i put aerobic respiration ( stage 4) i think thats 3/3 can anyone see any mistakes??

photosynthesis has an electron transport chain in the LDR i forgot that ATP is produced in Photosynthesis!
so annoyed. so i reckon 1 mistake 2/3 2 mistakes 1/3 3 mistakes 0/3
:angry:
Original post by Rainbow249
1. For humans, I said they need it for many biological processes, such as mitosis and DNA replication, and they also require lots of ATP to maintain body temperature.

2. I ticked all of photosynthesis (PSS), all of aerobic respiration and for anaerobic respiration, I only ticked that it makes ATP. But I was confused on the PSS one, because it does make ATP but that gets used up, so does it count? Mitochondria and Chloroplast are both organelles. Can't remember what the last row was for :s-smilie:

3. I put as one increases, the other decreases.

4. The mites eat the pathogens so the chicks are less likely to catch a disease and die, so this increases breeding success.

Does anyone agree with my points? If you disagree, tell me what you put instead please? :smile:

1. yeh
2.I put the same except there is no ATP in anaerobic!(maybe there is)
3.yep
4.I said they are more likely to survive and reproduce..also less energy used in immune system...so more energy used in gr...
5. 4 % is right
6.ratio is 1:1
7. I think it was possible bb bibi
you would only get bbi
8.One advantage for natural fertiliser:
cheaper?!:s-smilie: cuz it uses wastage
9. Null .. : there is no correlation
10. -ve correlation: one increases the other one decreases
11. Decreases reliablity since it might involve more pesonal error ( not sure)! lol
12. consequences: eutrophication explained + stomach cancer + prevent o2 efficiency
13. Directional cause: charachteristic of population are not reserved ..
14. High temp: enzymes become dentarured
15.respiratory loss in one of em is higher --- gross productivity in one of em is higher
16. Birth rate: The rate at which individuals are born in poulation (stupid Q) didnt put the formula cuz I wasnt sure I put it right
(edited 12 years ago)
thats exactly what i thought so therefore its not possible

Exactly, you have to refer to the data in the question and not the hypothetical data. True it would be possible IF there was a homozygous Chocolate, but then the answer to the question would be easy and it wasn't the case anyway.
Reply 1085
Original post by Betsss
For the first question, did people get: the first row all ticks, the second row all ticks, and 2 tciks for row 3 (anearobic respiration doesnt involve ETC)?

yeah thats what i got
Original post by Betsss
For the first question, did people get: the first row all ticks, the second row all ticks, and 2 tciks for row 3 (anearobic respiration doesnt involve ETC)?

no for the first row it is all ticks, for the second row anaerobic respiration doesn't tske place in an organelle, it's the cytoplasm and for the third row aerobic respiration has the electron transport chain but i thought photosynethsis shouldn't be ticked because thats just electron transfer chain
Original post by Betsss

I didnt get it but that is right! well done :biggrin:
Reply 1088
can we all pray for low grade boundaries? it might work...? :/
what did you guys put for why the animal waste digester thing had to be cooled? had no idea
Isn't there only two ticks in the second row as anaerobic respiration occurs in the cytoplasm of a cell.
Original post by not_chandler
what did you guys put for why the animal waste digester thing had to be cooled? had no idea

The bacteria use enzymes for extracellular digestion, if the tank overheats the enzymes denature.

I put the micro organism respires so releases heat energy and if the heat built up it would denature its enzymes.
no for the first row it is all ticks, for the second row anaerobic respiration doesn't tske place in an organelle, it's the cytoplasm and for the third row aerobic respiration has the electron transport chain but i thought photosynethsis shouldn't be ticked because thats just electron transfer chain

thats exactly what i thought. I couldn't decide if Electron transport chain= electron transfer chain
[QUOTE="Laura-Robbie;32146834"]
Original post by *QueenBeee
hey yeah i agree!!!
but the ticky one i got wrong
i ticked all of photosynthese
for anaerobi i ticked the first one (first two should have been ticked cos it makes atp and is in organelle)

isn't anaerobic in the cytoplasm coz its just glycolysis??

ha!
yes
so did you get?
1st row all ticked
2nd row - the first and last box ticked?
3rd row - first and last box ticked?
(edited 12 years ago)
So 100% failed this exam again looking through everything everyone has just said. Bloody wonderful, haha. Let's just hope there's low grade boundaries!
Original post by FatalError
I put the micro organism respires so releases heat energy and if the heat built up it would denature its enzymes.

This is kind of what I put, but I wasn't sure it was right.
Reply 1097

I wrote about enzymes and denaturing... :s
Is it stabilising or directional selection??
Original post by FatalError

ahah damn i put about it providing anaerobic conditions or something, hoh well :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending