The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ECHF
Ok, i'm freaking out!!!

WHAT and WHEREABOUTS was the electron transport chain q, because I CANNOT remember doing it!!!! ??!!!! :frown:

It was in the very first question, the table, which looked like this:

photosynthesis | aerobic respiration | anaerobic respiration
produces ATP
in organelles
involves ETC

I almost missed it out actually, I did 1 b) first & then looked up! You probably just forgot you did it because it was such a short one & the very first question.
Original post by SK-mar
in my book it says birth rate = number of births each year for every 1000 people in a population.

I just said "The number of births within a population over a period of time". Not specific enough?
p.s looks like everybody as made mistakes in different places. just hope youve done enough.

id like at least 86 UMS means i need less in mod 5. I need an A.
Original post by Black Butler
There was a 6 marker on it at the back of the booklet.

oooooooooooooh you missed it :shock:

LOL, that's so cruel!
Reply 1364
****e. There goes a mark.

I think I probably got 63/72 :s-smilie: altogether.

haha no worries man its just a mark. I dunno what i've got but looking at the questions im guessing roughly just above 50 I HOPE. I really need an A in this paper so im begging its ok.

for the human pop questions i put:

1.Describe the data
- Life expectancy in UK is greater than in Sudan for both males and females (stated the values) ... In both UK and Sudan, life expectancy for females is greater than males (stated the values) ....

2. Explain
- Sudan is an LEDC - poor sanitation, healthcare, diet. In general, a lot more men are sent to war than women, where they are more likely to die than if not going to war.

LOL i couldn't think of any other reason except war??! so stupid but i dunno it might get the mark?? what did you put?
Reply 1365
Original post by ECHF
Ok, i'm freaking out!!!

WHAT and WHEREABOUTS was the electron transport chain q, because I CANNOT remember doing it!!!! ??!!!! :frown:

It was the very first question, where u had to tick the boxes
Reply 1366
Original post by ECHF
Ok, i'm freaking out!!!

The first one, in the table :smile:
Original post by MessyRoom
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13710868

Let's get ourselves on here by complaining about HSW questions.

Yeah they might lower the grade boundaries.
Reply 1368
any1 got a copy of the paper or how many marks for ech quetion?
Reply 1369
There was a 6 marker on it at the back of the booklet.

oooooooooooooh you missed it :shock:

no no I did that one - the Photosyth. one do you mean?
I just said "The number of births within a population over a period of time". Not specific enough?

I put the same, something like "the number of births in a population during a given time frame (usually a year)". Per 1000 never even occurred to me, I suppose I thought it depended on population size. :s-smilie:
Original post by peachtoast
LOL, that's so cruel!

IT wAS A JOKE THERE WAS NO 6 MARKER ON ELECTRON TRANSFER CHAIN!
Original post by mushroomfreak
Flip i put nautral selection :/ i was gonna put directional but i got confused:/

it did say what type of natural selection is this? aha but i couldnt think so put selective pressure then "survival of the fittest" :redface: and in the explanation put something like the ones with the functional enzymes will survive and pass on their genes whereas the ones with dysfunctional enzymes wont.. its only 2 marks! be fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1373
Original post by ApplePi
The first one, in the table :smile:

Was it next to a question where you had to say why ATP was a good source of energy???

(please say it was, otherwise I may have missed a page out!!! :O )
Reply 1374
Original post by ECHF
Was it next to a question where you had to say why ATP was a good source of energy???

(please say it was, otherwise I may have missed a page out!!! :O )

Yes it was the one before the that - the first question of the whole paper!
Reply 1375

dunno they might want the out of 1000 thing. I said, the number of births in a population in 1000 ...... dunno why i said 'in' 1000, bad use of the english language lol. hopefully got the mark. im sure other answers may be acceptable though!

btw can you remember if there were any other questions after the 1:1 ratio one and if so what was it? not the genetic cross one. and was the genetic cross one worth 3 marks? also for the one did you get two different genotypes for the black fur section... and then 1 each for the other two (choc and cinnamon) ...
Original post by SK-mar
haha no worries man its just a mark. I dunno what i've got but looking at the questions im guessing roughly just above 50 I HOPE. I really need an A in this paper so im begging its ok.

1.Describe the data
- Life expectancy in UK is greater than in Sudan for both males and females (stated the values) ... In both UK and Sudan, life expectancy for females is greater than males (stated the values) ....

2. Explain
- Sudan is an LEDC - poor sanitation, healthcare, diet. In general, a lot more men are sent to war than women, where they are more likely to die than if not going to war.

LOL i couldn't think of any other reason except war??! so stupid but i dunno it might get the mark?? what did you put?

I said same as you for describe without quoting the data, I didn't see the point.

For explanation I said healthcare in UK was more widely available, Sudan was a poorer country and food was less likely to be available. I then said male's are more likely to die due to y chromosome being shorter than the x chromosome and so some less desirable traits on the x chromosome of males will be expressed even if recessive due to no competition.

Joking, I just said about healthcare and food :colondollar:
Reply 1377
Original post by ApplePi
Yes it was the one before the that - the first question of the whole paper!

Phewwwwww
Ahh well it was only a few marks, but DAMN I can't believe I missed it out!!!! STupid girl!!! :angry::redface:
Original post by SK-mar

1.Describe the data

2. Explain

i put the exact same things you have except I didnt put war in. For some reason though - war was the first thing that came to my mind. So I Just put that uk had better nutrition, sanitation and healthcare.
Original post by SK-mar

1.Describe the data

2. Explain

I wrote that about sanitation, but for the reason why females have a higher life expenctancy, I also added that males are at a higher risk of developing coronary heart disease, which I read somewhere, but its not on the spec. I just added it to impress the examiners :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending