The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by llamalad200
do you need 360 total UMS for a C? if so then i need 20 UMS from this exam out of 140.

Yes

Well I think just as long as you remembered to pick up your pen, you're fine :biggrin:

Lucky.... :tongue:
Original post by Liron Ingleby
DITTO

can someone tell me how they cant 0 and 0 for the percentage afer 80 i got 50 50 ?:s-smilie:

Because the neural mechanism line disappeared after 1 1/2 hours (ish). This means that no whatever was being produced, was produced via neural mechanism. :smile:
Reply 2882
FFS! i put that RNA concentration decreases because during time spent as pupa, no food is consumed, so no oestrogen in diet, so transcriptinal factor cannot bind to DNA so doesn't stimulate production of mRNA.

I mean, c'mon, i'm scientifically correct.... plus it was a 'suggest' question so why the **** can i not get the mark :frown: this is what i hate about AQA.
Reply 2883
For the RNA one, I put that there is less concentration of RNA during the start of the age of the pupa because it needs to make its new proteins through transcription and translation, this requires the need of RNA polymerase, mRNA and tRNA hence the reduction in concentration....is that right??!
i put C for the menstruation question, i thought surge of LH signified the ovulation ?
Original post by woods.vanessa
Our school isnt giving out results until 10am!
Was 9am last year :confused:

It's really unfair! some people can go into clearing faster and get the best places if they get results earlier
Original post by Tericon
Yes

Well I think just as long as you remembered to pick up your pen, you're fine :biggrin:

Lucky.... :tongue:

oh i havent done that well really i have:

unit 1 A
unit 2 B
unit 3 B
unit 4 B
unit 5 (need 20)
unit 6 D

so when it all levels out most people should be fine i think :smile:
Reply 2887
where was chapter 9-13

all i saw was 14 HSW and then some 16

and full of HSW

very poorly done exam in my opinion
Reply 2888
ohhh **** yeh! uch thats annoying cos thats an easy mark. and i got the 80 bit as well

Im predicting:

A*- 64
A - 57
B - 50
C - 44

etc Much harder paper than last years

theres only been one other paper :tongue:
Original post by Betsss
I think i wrote that the end of the chromosome is more likely to have stop codons.. :s-smilie: so was different from the middle bit.. and something about exons and intons being located at different places :s-smilie:

Me too! :'D
It seems sensible :smile:
*high fives for out of the box thinking* :biggrin:
Reply 2890
Original post by SarahTM

Original post by SarahTM
SAME! :frown:

Yep, me too... :s-smilie: and that was the question i was SURE about...
uh oh
Reply 2891
Original post by Rickesh
yess! what did you put for why the percentage of bases was different in the middle of the DNA compared to the end?

I just wrote that there would be different DNA sequences at different parts of the DNA so the mRNA coding for the 2 places has to be complementary to the DNA, which will be different, so the mRNA will contain a different sequence. And a different sequence is likely to lead to different % of bases.

Not sure if that's the correct answer but is the only logical way I saw it :tongue:
Reply 2892
The essay questions were awesome =D
Original post by leeds_fan_1
i put C for the menstruation question, i thought surge of LH signified the ovulation ?

It does, but LH wasn't on that graph. Progesterone & Oestrogen were the only things on the graph :smile:
It was B because progesterone levels were increasing, which happens post ovulation :smile:
Reply 2894
Original post by llamalad200
do you need 360 total UMS for a C? if so then i need 20 UMS from this exam out of 140.

yeah you do need 360! and me too! (if i got 60 ums in unit 4)
Reply 2895
ohhh **** yeh! uch thats annoying cos thats an easy mark. and i got the 80 bit as well

Im predicting:

A*- 64
A - 57
B - 50
C - 44

etc Much harder paper than last years

yep kinda agree on that one!
Reply 2896
Original post by CrazyDaisy123

Original post by CrazyDaisy123
What was the answer to the percentage on DNA bases, the first question?! x

18, 21
Original post by Benevolence
What did you put about the nerve transmission being undirectional?

receptors are only on the postsynaptic membrane
The questions were just poor.
Reply 2899
Original post by SarahTM

Original post by SarahTM
Me too! :'D
It seems sensible :smile:
*high fives for out of the box thinking* :biggrin:

:biggrin: woop!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending