The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by punctuation
How did you do this survey? O_o

My exporting by birthdays (at the bottom of the birthdays page) and importing into Google Calendar. I then manually counted.

Being a Computer Scientist I should try to knock something to do it automatically!
Original post by fluteflute
My exporting by birthdays (at the bottom of the birthdays page) and importing into Google Calendar. I then manually counted.

Being a Computer Scientist I should try to knock something to do it automatically!

Ahhh I see. :biggrin:

Well I can safely say out of my 58 friends (yay!) most birthdays occur in October. >.>

Ahhh I see. :biggrin:

Well I can safely say out of my 58 friends (yay!) most birthdays occur in October. >.>

One of the lowest months for mine! Hmm we're dragging this thread a bit offtopic... :tongue:
right, anyone applying to Oxford, I went today and really liked it, but, I'm not keen on the catered aspects of colleges, I know some still have some kitchen facilities for if you dont wanna eat with everyone else, but how realistic is it that I could do sort of a semi self catered semi catered mix?
Original post by fluteflute
One of the lowest months for mine! Hmm we're dragging this thread a bit offtopic... :tongue:

Right. Ahem. UCAS!

So I finished one of my books... it wasn't as substantial as I initially assumed it would be. I think, instead of writing a few sentences for it in my PS, I'll just tie it in with my other paragraph. I can't really reference it individually as it's a bit all over the place with its different concepts. Since I already talked a bit about Chomskyan linguistics and this book had Chomsky, I may give it a passing acknowledgement.

:/

Anyway, I suppose that's good since I'm way over the character limit already.

Now to wait for my psychology textbook to arrive. :colonhash:
Reply 1365
Original post by Groat
The UCAS Apply login link. It won't allow it to be opened in a new tab for some reason. :angry:

Copy the address from the address bar in the new window and enter it in the url bar on a new tab.
It annoys me as well, though.

This link:
https://apply2.ucas.com/ucasapply2012/SecurityServlet
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
right, anyone applying to Oxford, I went today and really liked it, but, I'm not keen on the catered aspects of colleges, I know some still have some kitchen facilities for if you dont wanna eat with everyone else, but how realistic is it that I could do sort of a semi self catered semi catered mix?

You can just keep food in your room of course....
Reply 1367
Hi.I was eager to register with UCAS last year, and did so. However, I was unaware of the fact that October 2012 Regular Applicants have to Register only in July 2011. Now, because I have an account in 'Apply 2011', I can't register for 'Apply 2012' in the fear that my details might be duplicated, hence hindering the application process. Please suggest what I shoud do.
Reply 1368
Have you tried e-mailing some sort of councilor on UCAS that might be able to help you?
Reply 1369
Yes. This is what they replied:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to application queries by email. Please check the popular questions on our website, or contact us Thank you
CUSTOMER SERVICE UNITCUSTOMER & APPLICATION SERVICES
UCAS
Reply 1370
Call them by phone, then. That seems like the only way right now.

They seem almost as good at avoiding questions like the University of Birmingham's international office. :tongue:
Reply 1371
Yeah about that, I don't have the facility of international calling.....so I really need someone to Answer my query.....thanks.
Original post by hexagon
Yeah about that, I don't have the facility of international calling.....so I really need someone to Answer my query.....thanks.

You need to find a way If it is that important to you! :smile:
Reply 1373
Original post by hexagon

Original post by hexagon
Hi.I was eager to register with UCAS last year, and did so. However, I was unaware of the fact that October 2012 Regular Applicants have to Register only in July 2011. Now, because I have an account in 'Apply 2011', I can't register for 'Apply 2012' in the fear that my details might be duplicated, hence hindering the application process. Please suggest what I shoud do.

Your fear is unfounded. If you're not convinced, search TSR and see how many people are planning to reapply - either coz they didn't get the offers they wanted or because of dropping out. Hell, evenm I had an account last year (uh, 3 actually) when I had no plans to reapply and I'll have a similar amount this year.
Original post by hexagon

sorry, what? are you sure that you can't apply again?? :O because last year in December 2010, I registered to UCAS because I thought I'd just create an account in preparation for my 2012 application; but it turned out that I applied for 2011 entry! (I was too stupid to know this) does that mean that now I can't register for 2012 application??? where is this rule stated??? I always thought it was still possible since some friends of mine actually rejected their offers, took a gap year and reapplied the next year.
Reply 1375
Really?? But then again, should i wait till they remove the "Apply 2011" totally ??
Reply 1376
Original post by desy.kris

sorry, what? are you sure that you can't apply again?? :O because last year in December 2010, I registered to UCAS because I thought I'd just create an account in preparation for my 2012 application; but it turned out that I applied for 2011 entry! (I was too stupid to know this) does that mean that now I can't register for 2012 application??? where is this rule stated??? I always thought it was still possible since some friends of mine actually rejected their offers, took a gap year and reapplied the next year.

See my post above. It's not a rule.

Go to the ucas site and stick "reapply" in the search box. You'll get a few FAQs, all of which tell people to make a new application if they want to reapply. So yeah, it isn't banned. There is just the issue that anything you did on your old application won't be carried over so you'll have to do it all again.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1377
They state that my "Apply 2011" account is in "Clearing". Does that mean that they are gonna remove it soon ??
Reply 1378
Original post by hexagon

Original post by hexagon
They state that my "Apply 2011" account is in "Clearing". Does that mean that they are gonna remove it soon ??

They don't remove accounts. They just sit there if not needed. It's fine. Stop worrying.

Have you actually paid and sent the application? If so, make a new account and put 'reapply'. If you didn't, then there's no problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending