The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by myNameHere
Ahh phew, I was getting all worried it was something I'd managed to overlook that I needed to do! :rolleyes:

hahaha no, don't worry :smile: It's just an added (bum-numbingly-long) process that international students have to go through :smile:
Reply 2021
Original post by kpatb
So your offer is "unconditional" on UCAS?
In which case, you should get your CAS soon.

They said that the PBI office start handing out CAS after June but you know, there may be a delay. Also, you can't apply for your visa before the 1st of July anyway if your course start date is the 1st of october :smile:
Best thing to do is to check with your college!

Yes my offer is "unconditional" on Camsis and it is the PBI who sent me an e-mail in May asking for my passport to prepare my CAS.

I understand that I still have plenty of time to apply for my visa but was simply wondering whether I was the only one waiting for so long (since I know other people who got theirs in only a few days in June).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2022
GOOD LUCK, IB KIDS!
Hope you all meet your offers :smile:
Reply 2023
Original post by jsdupont
Yes my offer is "unconditional" on Camsis and it is the PBI who sent me an e-mail in May asking for my passport to prepare my CAS.

I understand that I still have plenty of time to apply for my visa but was simply wondering whether I was the only one waiting for so long (since I know other people who got theirs in only a few days in June).

Oh okay... sorry I have no idea why it's taking so long in that case.
All I can suggest is that you email your college or email the PBI office and ask them what's going on. Good luck!
Any offer holder wna b friend??

am a Downing College offer holder
Physical Natural Science,
blah blah blah...

perhaps, when is d freshers week?
Original post by dawaj2004
Any offer holder wna b friend??

am a Downing College offer holder
Physical Natural Science,
blah blah blah...

perhaps, when is d freshers week?

Congratulations for studying the best subject at the best college :biggrin:

Fresher's week is from Saturday 1st October... but lectures start on Thursday 6th, so fresher's pretty much ends then. The fresher's rep team keep sending out emails so I can tell you you'll have an awesome time! :biggrin:
Well done IB people :biggrin:
Original post by Topaz_eyes
Congratulations for studying the best subject at the best college :biggrin:

Fresher's week is from Saturday 1st October... but lectures start on Thursday 6th, so fresher's pretty much ends then. The fresher's rep team keep sending out emails so I can tell you you'll have an awesome time! :biggrin:

lolz! Thankx...
5 dayz is quite short, :angry: . Anyway, have you choose d options your going take?
lolz! Thankx...
5 dayz is quite short, :angry: . Anyway, have you choose d options your going take?

It's not too bad, it's not like people stop going out after fresher's week... Tbh, in Cambridge, fresher's week is more like May Week at the end of exams... best week of my life so far :biggrin:

I took Maths B, Materials, Chemistry and Physics next year, and I'm 99% sure I'm taking double Physics and Maths in IB :smile:
It's not too bad, it's not like people stop going out after fresher's week... Tbh, in Cambridge, fresher's week is more like May Week at the end of exams... best week of my life so far :biggrin:

I took Maths B, Materials, Chemistry and Physics next year, and I'm 99% sure I'm taking double Physics and Maths in IB :smile:

Well well well, THatz jst exactly what i've got in mind aswell... :colondollar:
bt u lost me there, are u gna start your 2nd year in october or wat??
Well well well, THatz jst exactly what i've got in mind aswell... :colondollar:
bt u lost me there, are u gna start your 2nd year in october or wat??

Oh, sorry, I've just finished my first year there and am home for the summer... I'll be going back as a second year :biggrin:
Oh, sorry, I've just finished my first year there and am home for the summer... I'll be going back as a second year :biggrin:

Greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bban:

Tell, hwz life in Downing, do every1 get to know one another or every man to himself boredom :mad: ??
Ohh yh! that reminds me.

I had offer for BA in Natural Science, and I applied for a 4 years MA hon in Natural Science... Just wondering why I had an offer for BA. can some1 pls explain ?
Reply 2033
Ohh yh! that reminds me.

I had offer for BA in Natural Science, and I applied for a 4 years MA hon in Natural Science... Just wondering why I had an offer for BA. can some1 pls explain ?

you cant apply for the 4 year course on UCAS. you only get an offer for the 3 year course and if you do well enough, you can do the fourth year and get the MSci
Ohh yh! that reminds me.

Everyone does a 3 years BA hons in Cambridge, no matter how long your course is. The way I understand it is courses which go on longer then have the extra year as the MA or MSci or whatever. So you'll graduate at the end of third year and get a certificate saying you have a BA Hons degree. Then you stay and do the 4th year :smile:
Reply 2035
Hey everyone :smile: (remember me from the applicants thread ages ago? :p:)

I just got my EB results the other day and graduated at the top of my year with grades that totally exceeded my high-enough expectations, way higher than the ones I applied with last year.

Reason I didn't make it this year is because of my age (i'm still only 17 :rolleyes:) and i'm confident that I can make it if I reapply.

But i've now met my Imperial offer and frankly, I think i'll just do my degree there and maybe apply for a postgrad later :smile:

Good luck everyone on results day, all the very very best! :smile:
Original post by Amahia11
Hey everyone :smile: (remember me from the applicants thread ages ago? :p:)

I just got my EB results the other day and graduated at the top of my year with grades that totally exceeded my high-enough expectations, way higher than the ones I applied with last year.

Reason I didn't make it this year is because of my age (i'm still only 17 :rolleyes:) and i'm confident that I can make it if I reapply.

But i've now met my Imperial offer and frankly, I think i'll just do my degree there and maybe apply for a postgrad later :smile:

Good luck everyone on results day, all the very very best! :smile:

Well done! I'm guessing you did IB? (EDIT: nvm, I can't read) Apart from the slightly boastful attitude of your post, I should point out that Cambridge solemnly swears (or something like that) to not take your age into consideration. I was 16 at my interview and will be 17 for most of my first year.

Good luck at Imperial!

dae
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2037
Original post by a daedalus
Well done! I'm guessing you did IB? (EDIT: nvm, I can't read) Apart from the slightly boastful attitude of your post, I should point out that Cambridge solemnly swears (or something like that) to not take your age into consideration. I was 16 at my interview and will be 17 for most of my first year.

Good luck at Imperial!

dae

Thanks a lot :smile:
I think youre probably right, although my interviewer did mention my age at interview and asked if I would be up for a gap year :rolleyes:

I wonder if you can use your school record (in my case EB) for applying after a uni degree? Yeah I didn't mean to boast, its just that I was slightly amazed and quite euphoric for a while.

Thanks a lot for the luck, good luck to you too!
Original post by Amahia11
Thanks a lot :smile:
I think youre probably right, although my interviewer did mention my age at interview and asked if I would be up for a gap year :rolleyes:

I was also 17 when I started at Cambridge - it really wasn't an issue at all :smile:
Original post by Betsss
I did Bio5! I thought it was a evil exam :frown: AQA was being mean with the sheer amount of HSW questions!

Ohhh my goodness same here!!! It was horrible! Glad it wasn't just me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending