The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PINCHJOY
I was in the exact same position as you, I had no clue where to start looking at first. After doing my research I came to the conclusion that Lupton is the cheapest/most affordable, social residence and it is in the town of Headingley where Ive been told is the "place to be" for all students. Hope this has helped :biggrin:

Yep that is exactly right on all counts.

Lupton IMO is the best value and best located, the only reason some people are against it is because they want en suite or catered and Lupton doesn't have en suite or catered, but if you are not bothered about those two things then Lupton is the best and most convenient for shopping and for social stuff.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by pepperkake92
Aww thanks, love the smilies :biggrin: And no, I wasn't hurt from the fall, except for the fact that my knee looked more like a basketball than a knee afterwards. But it returned to its normal self quickly, so no worries x ) Now I only have to worry about accomodation, which is what this thread was actually about :tongue: I applied well before the deadline to Charles Morris building, Storm Jameson court,catered and ensuite... My mother was all nono about me living somewhere off campus, as she had read a little bit too much about high crime-rates, rape and so on xD haha well I guess it is normal for a parent to worry when their kids are moving, especially to another country :wink: I heard the food at uni is really bad (of course I heard this after I applied for catered). Is that true? I'll probably survive, but I am a very picky eater, and I am actually quite good at cooking xD I just felt that it would be easier when thinking about time, and controlling how much money I use on food, to choose catered. Ahh, if it sucks I'll just apply for something else next year. Right now I am just so happy to have gotten in, that I couldn't care less if they stuffed me into a closet with one of the teletubbies... (Yes, cause I am extremely affraid of the teletubbies, especially that horrible, slurping vacuum cleaner, Noo Noo, or whatever his name is.... SCARY AS HELL! :eek: )

Charles Morris is one of the on campus halls isn't it? Then they will serve food in the Refectory. I have only been there at lunchtimes but I have to say the food is pretty good quality, if it is that quality for the catered students at mealtimes then you should be fine with the food. Good to see you are so excited about coming to Leeds! I am sure you will have a great time, it is a fantastic city to be a student.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Charles Morris is one of the on campus halls isn't it? Then they will serve food in the Refectory. I have only been there at lunchtimes but I have to say the food is pretty good quality, if it is that quality for the catered students at mealtimes then you should be fine with the food. Good to see you are so excited about coming to Leeds! I am sure you will have a great time, it is a fantastic city to be a student.

Yes Charles Morris is the new building right on campus. Hope I get to stay there, as it would be pretty nice to roll out of bed and into my classes in the morning :biggrin: Right now I live half an hour away from school with car, so living on campus doesn't seem so bad to me. Also, all the students choosing catered who lives at Charles Morris, will eat in the Refectory, so I am happy you say the food is nice there :smile: It might just be a rumour that the food is bad, from what I saw on their menu it seemed fine :smile: Lets just hope my sensitive-Norwegian-palate agrees! Where are you staying atm? Oh and yes, it really seems like "the place to be" if you are a student! I didn't even have to think twice before applying there! Just looked like exactly what I wanted :smile:
Original post by pepperkake92
Yes Charles Morris is the new building right on campus. Hope I get to stay there, as it would be pretty nice to roll out of bed and into my classes in the morning :biggrin: Right now I live half an hour away from school with car, so living on campus doesn't seem so bad to me. Also, all the students choosing catered who lives at Charles Morris, will eat in the Refectory, so I am happy you say the food is nice there :smile: It might just be a rumour that the food is bad, from what I saw on their menu it seemed fine :smile: Lets just hope my sensitive-Norwegian-palate agrees! Where are you staying atm? Oh and yes, it really seems like "the place to be" if you are a student! I didn't even have to think twice before applying there! Just looked like exactly what I wanted :smile:

Well I left Leeds a few years ago but I lived in Lupton when I was there, then I lived in a couple of places in Hyde Park in 2nd and 3rd year (just in shared houses), that was great fun. But halls are best for 1st year when you don't know Leeds yet.
I havent posted in here for a while i hope everyones exams went okay :smile:
Anybody new here applying for accommodation at Clarence Dock!
Reply 2265
helooooooo!!!

i got my accommodation and its in leodis room H4.26!!!!

Anyone with me or close to me? and what does H stand for? is it in a good location??
Reply 2266
Original post by dni2011
helooooooo!!!

Anyone with me or close to me? and what does H stand for? is it in a good location??

When did you get it??! Email or letter??! I want mine too! Are you unconditional too?
Original post by becca218
Hey! Which accomodation have you guys applied for and course? Hopefully i'll be doing Biology in September! :smile:

Hey :biggrin:
I'll be doing Biology this fall too :smile: If you have face you can send me a private message with your name and I'll add you as a friend:wink: So that we could get to know each other a bit before the course starts :biggrin: Would be nice to at least have talked to someone who is doing the same course as me!
I have applied for Charles Morris, Storm Jameson Court, hope I get an answer soon -.-
Do you know if you will be going for certain? And which accommodation have you applied for?
I just got the final confirmation a few days ago, and being unconditional is pretty nice xD
Hope to see you in September :smile:
I wish I was unconditional. The wait is horrible, and to think, only 45 days until Autumn starts.
Original post by FloRaRa
When did you get it??! Email or letter??! I want mine too! Are you unconditional too?

They're a postgrad and postgrads are allocated in a separate process. We should start sending out the unconditional contracts next week - everything goes by email to the address you put in your application.
If you didn't get an application summary immediately after you applied, then you either typed in your email address wrong or it doesn't work for some reason.
Otherwise, accommodation offers often go straight into your junk or spam boxes so make sure that you check those regularly as well.
Reply 2270
Original post by dni2011
helooooooo!!!

It means you're in block H, floor 4, flat 2, room 6.
Reply 2271
Original post by dni2011
helooooooo!!!

So so jealous :frown: one more week to find out!
Reply 2272
Original post by Gemini92
It means you're in block H, floor 4, flat 2, room 6.

is block H like right at the back of the rest of the blocks?:P lol
Reply 2273
Original post by dmz
So so jealous :frown: one more week to find out!

r u a postgrad? did u apply for leodis?
Reply 2274
Original post by accomoffice
They're a postgrad and postgrads are allocated in a separate process. We should start sending out the unconditional contracts next week - everything goes by email to the address you put in your application.
If you didn't get an application summary immediately after you applied, then you either typed in your email address wrong or it doesn't work for some reason.
Otherwise, accommodation offers often go straight into your junk or spam boxes so make sure that you check those regularly as well.

is my block all postgrads? or is it just the floor thats postgrads completely?
Reply 2275
Original post by dni2011
r u a postgrad? did u apply for leodis?

Nah, unconditional and tannery, liked leodis though
Reply 2276
Original post by dni2011
is block H like right at the back of the rest of the blocks?:P lol

No idea. I've never been to Leodis.
Reply 2277
does anyone know anything about SAMARA PLAZA private accommodation??? i need help....
People getting their flat numbers is making me excited :h:
Reply 2279
Original post by Bella Occhi
People getting their flat numbers is making me excited :h:

i know right? :P

Latest