The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lekky
I would be incredibly surprised if anyone cared never mind had the time to track you down, and even if they have if you haven't written anything horrendous why is it a problem?

It's just arse covering. Just because I have no cause to worry, doesn't mean I should be lackadaisical with my privacy.
My knowledge of medicine has essentially evaporated and its only August.
Original post by carcinoma
My knowledge of medicine has essentially evaporated and its only August.

I'm going to have to start reading my textbooks again very soon. I literally remember nothing about the CVS, which is a problem because they don't really teach us anything else on it until clinicals.
Original post by lekky
I would be incredibly surprised if anyone cared never mind had the time to track you down, and even if they have if you haven't written anything horrendous why is it a problem?

Of course it sounds surprising and unbelievable, but it happens and when it does, it isn't the best feeling :s-smilie: I would like to think that I can control my privacy and who gets to know who I really am, even just as a matter of principle. I don't walk around the street with a placard giving my full name and contact details, do I?

And plus, I can't keep track of everything I have said over thousands of posts and many years. By staying anonymous, I can keep posting what I like without having to worry about arse covering.

For example, I saw an applicant post their halls room number on here a few days ago. Exciting enough to get a halls place, but you can easily forget about that one post. It wouldn't be difficult at all for someone to walk into that building and get hold of the resident's list if they wanted to find out who you are including name, age and course and student number (my old halls, I know the score).

With that all said, it reminds me I must go take my clozapine :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by digitalis
Of course it sounds surprising and unbelievable, but it happens and when it does, it isn't the best feeling :s-smilie: I would like to think that I can control my privacy and who gets to know who I really am, even just as a matter of principle. I don't walk around the street with a placard giving my full name and contact details, do I?

And plus, I can't keep track of everything I have said over thousands of posts and many years. By staying anonymous, I can keep posting what I like without having to worry about arse covering.

For example, I saw an applicant post their halls room number on here a few days ago. Exciting enough to get a halls place, but you can easily forget about that one post. It wouldn't be difficult at all for someone to walk into that building and get hold of the resident's list if they wanted to find out who you are including name, age and course and student number (my old halls, I know the score).

With that all said, it reminds me I must go take my clozapine :wink:

Do you think this shirt is smart enough for clinics?
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Do you think this shirt is smart enough for clinics?

Dunno, but the hat is definitely appropriate for psych what with all the thought insertion flying around.
Dunno, but the hat is definitely appropriate for psych what with all the thought insertion flying around.

An escaped psych patient gate crashed a 3rd year lecture here last year. Apparently it was terrifying yet strangely compelling.

That's some intense MI5 **** right there.
Original post by Tech
Yeah I heard it was famous for something. I think they were opening a new bit of it a couple of years ago though, with bowling and a cinema or something? don't really remember! :tongue:

Ah yeah, like two years ago. They opened a Megabowl, Vue and a couple of restaurants. That is Cwmbran. They've now opened a club in the bottom of there, owned by the same guy who owns Delilahs/OTT/Meze in Newport.
Reply 4929
Original post by RollerBall
Ah yeah, like two years ago. They opened a Megabowl, Vue and a couple of restaurants. That is Cwmbran. They've now opened a club in the bottom of there, owned by the same guy who owns Delilahs/OTT/Meze in Newport.

It used to look like a concrete behemoth if I remember correctly!
Reply 4930
Original post by crazylemon
Can I be arsed to go through 15k posts. I probably should but then It takes about 5 mins to work out who I am. I should probably read the guidlines...

Basically:
Don't say bad things about patients or colleagues online
Don't accept/sent friend requests from patients on facebook
Employ 'conservative' privacy settings on facebook
Oh and don't lie face down on a helipad and upload the picture online.
Original post by Phryx
It used to look like a concrete behemoth if I remember correctly!

What now? The megabowl and stuff? Yeah, it's some HUGE ass grey building.

Original post by Phryx
Basically:
Don't say bad things about patients or colleagues online
Don't accept/sent friend requests from patients on facebook
Employ 'conservative' privacy settings on facebook
Oh and don't lie face down on a helipad and upload the picture online.

Lmao, has somebody done the latter?

PS, can any barts medics look at the last post I made in the BL 2011 thread, please? I'd copypasta but I cba.
(edited 12 years ago)
Panic on the streets of London...
It's been a while since I've seen the sun rise in the UK. Sigh, I've only been back a few days, WHY ARE YOU ****ED ARLEADY SLEEPING PATTERN!?
Reply 4934

If you're referring to what I think you may be... looks like I switched hospital at a good time - poor new A&E FY2s! :ninja:
Although seems like Police don't normally get taken to the local hospital.
(edited 12 years ago)

Causing me unnecessary traffic. :frown:

Its still closed off now, bloody diversions.
wouldnt like to be a paramedic/hems doc tonight
Original post by edcourageous
wouldnt like to be a paramedic/hems doc tonight

I would!
Original post by carcinoma
I would!

haha
Original post by Elles
Interesting view from my window right now, if you have me on facebook...

Eeep! Hope that you stay safe!

Latest

Trending

Trending