The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UEAAccommodation
We've been doing allocations all week but have not sent any offers out. People that held an unconditional offer have pretty much all been allocated but we haven't sent them confirmation of this yet.

The main reason we have held off on this is while the A-level results became public knowledge today Universites get them earlier in the week so that we know who is going to be coming, see who has just missed thier offers (to decide whether they will still be offered places) and work out what places we will have for clearing etc.

This could mean we may also have allocated a few rooms to students that didn't know that they are coming here yet and what we don't want happening is their offers to go out inadvertantly so we hold off on all offers until we are sure that it is OK to send them!

Please be rest assured that if you hold a guarantee of a place in accommodation you will get one.

You would not believe how busy it is here today though!

Thank you! ^_^

I can imagine; my 6th form was busy enough today and they're only on the giving end of Results Day... I'll stop taking up your time now and go back to hoping for a pleasant surprise in my inbox in the next couple of weeks (and hoping to get one of my top choices - aren't we all? :smile:).

I hope the rest of the day is less manic for you! :smile: And thanks for your time.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I made it! Hope i get first choice accom now :biggrin:
Original post by High As A Kite
I made it! Hope i get first choice accom now :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin: And same; here's hoping for an ensuite room! I'd prefer one on campus, but I'd love my own bathroom...

Also, I hope the offer to remove certain bugs for me still stands! ^_^
Reply 2123
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Yes, it also applies to health courses. I can assure you that we have been allocating them!

Hey,

My UCAS still hasnt updated because I didn't send my GCSE English Retake grade to UEA, but that's been taken care of and the kind lady said she would update my status to Unconditional.

Does this mean that I loose out on the popular/good accommodation spots as I havent been 'Unconditional' for as long as the other students.

Thanks in advance
Reply 2124
Just wondering, I missed my offer by three marks so I'm getting a priority remark. On the off chance that I actually meet my offer after the remark, will I still be guaranteed accommodation as I'm still attending as a firm applicant? I doubt it but just wanted to be clear.
Reply 2125
Original post by Aodhán
Just wondering, I missed my offer by three marks so I'm getting a priority remark. On the off chance that I actually meet my offer after the remark, will I still be guaranteed accommodation as I'm still attending as a firm applicant? I doubt it but just wanted to be clear.

I think as long as you're all set by 26 Aug, you should be fine.
Reply 2126
Original post by JHall123
Hey,

My UCAS still hasnt updated because I didn't send my GCSE English Retake grade to UEA, but that's been taken care of and the kind lady said she would update my status to Unconditional.

Does this mean that I loose out on the popular/good accommodation spots as I havent been 'Unconditional' for as long as the other students.

Thanks in advance

You shouldn't miss out on the spots as such anyway, they try to do it quite fairly (as in I don't think they just give all unconditionals their first choice, they keep it balanced so they don't have too much of an advantage). I wouldn't worry because it's highly likely you'll get in your top 3 anyway.

Original post by Aodhán

Original post by zae2yaya
I think as long as you're all set by 26 Aug, you should be fine.

This is right. If you're confirmed and unconditional by the 26th then you should be fine... unless theres some kind of system thing where they delete your accom application straight away, but I doubt it- UEAAccommodation can probably check though if they have a spare moment in all this :P
Hi guys, anyone know when we hear back about our accommodation?? Also, UEA was my insurance so will that affect me?
Original post by ass_master
Hi guys, anyone know when we hear back about our accommodation?? Also, UEA was my insurance so will that affect me?

hi- UEA accomodation said on here that you'll probally find out next week- they are just finishing doing their allocations. And it doesn't matter that UEA is your insurance, your still guarenteed a place in halls.
Original post by jelly1000
hi- UEA accomodation said on here that you'll probally find out next week- they are just finishing doing their allocations. And it doesn't matter that UEA is your insurance, your still guarenteed a place in halls.

Thanks! But any idea how likely am I to get my first choice accomm?

That depends on how oversubscribed your first choice is, but you get treated equally to those who put UEA as their firm.

IIRC it's something like 70% get their first choice, and 95% get one of their top 3.

Don't quote me on that though! :o:
Thanks guys! I have put Norfolk/Suffolk for my first choice, really hope I get one of em
I'm getting a priority remark too.
So scared.
Original post by JHall123
Hey,

Thanks in advance

It doesn't really work like that. There are so few Unconditional students that they barely make a dent in the accommodation stock that we have. At this stage there are still all the different types of room available.

If you have only just sent the proof of grades to us then you wouldn't have actually counted as an unconditional student for the allocations that we have carried out. What will probably happen is providing your status has been updated on our student records system that you will be allocated in the big main batch with the majority of other students.

You have as much chance as many other students of getting the type of accommodation you are looking for.
Original post by Aodhán

I'll be honest with you here and say that I'm going to have to look into it. I would think that you would still be guaranteed if everything is confirmed by midnight on the 26th but this year numbers are going to be very tight. I need to check to see if that actually makes you a clearing student though. If it makes you a clearning student it would affect your guarantee.

I'll try to find out for definate for you today and post back here when I know.

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
IIRC it's something like 70% get their first choice, and 95% get one of their top 3.

Don't quote me on that though! :o:

Felt like it was OK to quote you since you are exactly right!
Original post by Aodhán

Original post by Poon-Handler
I'm getting a priority remark too.
So scared.

That didn't take as long as I thought it would!

Right, if after your priority remark you are accepted on the same course as you have currently applied for everything will be OK with your accommodation as long as it's all sorted by the 26th.

On the other hand if you don't get onto the course that you are currently almost accepted on and UEA offers you an alternative course and you accept that one you would lose your guarantee as that would count as a clearing place.

Hope that's clear(ish).

If you like can the two of you PM me your UEA student number, full name and date of birth and I can then keep on eye on your status for you. That way I'll be able to let you know if anything happens that might affect your accommodation.
(edited 12 years ago)
We're about to send a few offers out.

This is not going to be for people that got their results yesterday though. You guys will begin to hear next week. I would think that the majority of these will be the unconditional Medical course students that have been waiting for theirs.
Reply 2138
Just got my room offer :biggrin: colman house, anybody else??
Reply 2139
I've accepted my offer too - anyone at Norfolk Terrace?

Latest

Trending

Trending