The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
just got my offer, colman house yay!!! thanks

also quick question, are you allowed a mini kettle/iron?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2141
Original post by zae2yaya
I think as long as you're all set by 26 Aug, you should be fine.

Original post by kpwxx

This is right. If you're confirmed and unconditional by the 26th then you should be fine... unless theres some kind of system thing where they delete your accom application straight away, but I doubt it- UEAAccommodation can probably check though if they have a spare moment in all this :P

Original post by UEAAccommodation
That didn't take as long as I thought it would!

Right, if after your priority remark you are accepted on the same course as you have currently applied for everything will be OK with your accommodation as long as it's all sorted by the 26th.

On the other hand if you don't get onto the course that you are currently almost accepted on and UEA offers you an alternative course and you accept that one you would lose your guarantee as that would count as a clearing place.

Hope that's clear(ish).

If you like can the two of you PM me your UEA student number, full name and date of birth and I can then keep on eye on your status for you. That way I'll be able to let you know if anything happens that might affect your accommodation.

Thanks very much for the replies and for looking in to it.

Everything is sorted now so I just have to wait to hear back.
Original post by hazu121
just got my offer, colman house yay!!! thanks

also quick question, are you allowed a mini kettle/iron?

Yes, those will be fine!
Just wondering how big are the oven/microwaves?
Original post by makingamemory

Original post by makingamemory
Just wondering how big are the oven/microwaves?

There are no ovens (unless you're in Mary Chapman iirc) and the microwaves are standard microwave size :dontknow:

If you're buying baking equipment, it's generally advised to get round ones, so they can rotate properly in the microwave!
And if not, how do you cook stuff?
It has a microwave that functions as an oven.

No actual oven. And please stop making individual threads for every single question - this could easily go into the accommodation thread :smile:
Ok. And sorry, but i didn't know, i only asked 2 questions.
Original post by filledesang

Will the offers be sent out via post or email? I'm just wondering if it will take longer to get mine since i'm an international student (Med fresher)

Email :smile:
Original post by UEAAccommodation
We're about to send a few offers out.

This is not going to be for people that got their results yesterday though. You guys will begin to hear next week. I would think that the majority of these will be the unconditional Medical course students that have been waiting for theirs.

Will the offers be sent out via post or email? I'm just wondering if it will take longer to get mine since i'm an international student (Med fresher)

We we we so excited! I've spent all day making lists and googling things on Ikea's website!
Reply 2152
Original post by diamonddust
We we we so excited! I've spent all day making lists and googling things on Ikea's website!

Ikea is heaven for kitchen and sturdy bedroom things- definately good quality for money which is always first in a uni students mind
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

oh excellent!
Reply 2154
got my offer for accom - colman house!!! but it doesnt look like you are allocated a specific flat number/room
Reply 2155
Original post by Namdeep
got my offer for accom - colman house!!! but it doesnt look like you are allocated a specific flat number/room

You get those details on the day you move in (as previously stated in the thread).
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
There are no ovens (unless you're in Mary Chapman iirc) and the microwaves are standard microwave size :dontknow:

If you're buying baking equipment, it's generally advised to get round ones, so they can rotate properly in the microwave!

doh, went and bought a rectangular one (microwave size though)
Original post by jelly1000

Original post by jelly1000
doh, went and bought a rectangular one (microwave size though)

As long as it can rotate in a normal sized microwave, then it will be fine :smile:
I was just wondering my course date starts on the 26th so will we move into our accommodation on that date or will it be before then to give us a few days to settle in?

Thank you.
Original post by *Funky-buddha*

Original post by *Funky-buddha*
I was just wondering my course date starts on the 26th so will we move into our accommodation on that date or will it be before then to give us a few days to settle in?

Thank you.

Assuming you're a home student, you'll move in on either the 24th or the 25th. The date specific to you will be in your accommodation offer :smile: If you're international, you'll move in a couple of days earlier than everybody else.

e: Unless you're doing a health course, in which case you may move in even earlier.

e2: I think you're doing foundation med? In which case you will move in with the normal freshers :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending