The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Why do people keep calling the accom office to complain? The answer to people's complaints on here is always going to be the same- apply for a transfer or stick to what you're given...unless you have extenuating circumstances. You can't all be put in your preferred accomm otherwise you'd be complaining that you'd be sleeping on an air bed in the hall because three people already share the room you wanted. I feel bad for the accomm office who are only trying to do their jobs; I give it to them, I would have cut the phone wire right about now.

I agree. I didn't get my preferred accomodation but it astounds me that some people are complaining like they have a god given right to their accomodation when it's so oversubscribed that if they let everyone in it would be a foreign prison. I'm going to give it a try, and as long as it's social I think I'll be more than happy with it. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Teh User
I agree. I didn't get my preferred accomodation but it astounds me that some people are complaining like they have a god given right to their accomodation when it's so oversubscribed that if they let everyone in it would be a foreign prison. I'm going to give it a try, and as long as it's social I think I'll be more than happy with it. :smile:

Too right! I haven't even received an offer yet but even if I don't get the one I preferred I'd still be glad that I was given anything. To be quite honest, you pick a university to study at not because you want to live in 5* luxury; people saying that their accomm decision has ruined their freshers year before they've even started is ludicrous.

I hope your accomm works out for you!
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Too right! I haven't even received an offer yet but even if I don't get the one I preferred I'd still be glad that I was given anything. To be quite honest, you pick a university to study at not because you want to live in 5* luxury; people saying that their accomm decision has ruined their freshers year before they've even started is ludicrous.

I hope your accomm works out for you!

Thanks, the sole problem with my accom is it's a bit far from the Uni for me and I'm not keen on buses, but I'm sure I will live. :smile: I did get my ensuite which I'm over the moon about but would have lived without it as well.
** FRESHERS WEEK **

Hiya Guys,

I work for the biggest (and best) events company in Leeds that provides you with the best nights out for your Freshers Week and through out the year!

To guarantee that you have the best nights out and don't get left out add me on Facebook: Natalie Franklyn Voodoo
where I will inform and update you on what's happening during the week, what deals we are doing, and most importantly, how to get your tickets for the night!!

Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!!

Natalie Franklyn x

ps. if you have any questions about leeds or the nightlife just FB msg me - I'm more than happy to help!
Original post by Reck16
I seem to be the only person who has no idea where I'll be, how did you guys find out? Email / welcome pack / ... ?

DOnt worry i dont know either :/ x x
Reply 3185
Found another flat mate now :biggrin: , one is pretty hot :drool:
Reply 3186
Original post by dmz
Found another flat mate now :biggrin: , one is pretty hot :drool:

haha i want that tooo :biggrin:
Yeah I've been put in Bodington and didn't apply for there but so what, it's what you make it, I'm sure wherever you are it'll be friendly and a good experience so y'know, suck it up and have a good time!
Reply 3188
Does anyone know in what order they are letting us know? Dying to know!!!
Reply 3189
In the order of how much you payed them... :colone:

Otherwise randomly :tongue:
Reply 3190
Original post by msoynri
haha i want that tooo :biggrin:

it's leeds, plenty to go round :wink:
I applied for Clarence Dock and still haven't heard. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who's been kept in the dark!
Reply 3192
Original post by dmz
it's leeds, plenty to go round :wink:

i know :colone: my eyes will be going right left right left haha
Reply 3193
I am loving the insane amount of creeping going on here. Quality entertainment from the Leeds crew.
Any fresher not staying in school accommodation ? :wink:
Reply 3195
Original post by msoynri
i know :colone: my eyes will be going right left right left haha

Just realised you're a girl and i haven't hit on you yet :facepalm:
Reply 3196
Original post by dmz
Just realised you're a girl and i haven't hit on you yet :facepalm:

hahaha hitting every girl you meet? :biggrin:
Reply 3197
Original post by msoynri
hahaha hitting every girl you meet? :biggrin:

just the decent ones :wink: haha
Reply 3198
Original post by dmz
just the decent ones :wink: haha

I've got to say, for all my stalking through this thread trying to find anyone in my halls, your quest for girls has provided a lot of entertainment :smile:
Original post by NazNazz
Just recieved The Tannery Block C 208E
Originally applied for James Baillie but im happy :smile: , Studying Mechanical Engineering :smile: x

I got Tannery Block C 307c :smile:

Latest