The Student Room Group

GCSE p.e

I am currently starting year 11 and I do GCSE p.e at school, as I do GCSE it is 60% practical and 40% coursework/exam. So basically I would like to know what percentage and marks are needed for a/a* in coursework, exam, and practical (I heard you need 9 out of 10 in practical?) and also is it hard to get these grades as some people say it is. It would be helpful also to know how the 3 grades add up to give a final percentage of which the grade boundaries are listed. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
hey,
just left year 11 and i got a high A for practical (all nine and tens) but a D (69%) in the theory. This brought my overall score to a B.

the theory exam percentage (i think, pretty sure)
60% D
70% C
80% B
90% A
i personally think it is quite hard to get a great grade in this exam.

so if you make sure you can get as much 9s and 10s as you can in the practical and try to get above a C in the theory exam, you should come out with an A.
but im not quite sure about coursework sorry.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xPacey
hey,
just left year 11 and i got a high A for practical (all nine and tens) but a D (69%) in the theory. This brought my overall score to a B.

the theory exam percentage (i think, pretty sure)
60% D
70% C
80% B
90% A
i personally think it is quite hard to get a great grade in this exam.

so if you make sure you can get as much 9s and 10s as you can in the practical and try to get above a C in the theory exam, you should come out with an A.
but im not quite sure about coursework sorry.

Thank you that's all I wanted to know really, I have heard that the exam is hard but I am more worried about cocking up in the practical. What sports did you choose?
Reply 3
well i did double award, but my ones with the best score of 10 was Football and Netball :smile:
what sports do you think you will get your best scores in?
What exam board are you on?
Reply 5
Original post by HeatherEssex
What exam board are you on?

Edexcel :smile:
I did edexcel and got an A* this summer :smile:
The practical was quite low this summer 45 out of 50 that includes the analysis of performance bit which is out of 20 but you just half it so it has the same equivalence to each sport. Then theory exam was actually quite easy but worded vvery badly and the grade boundaries wwere ridiculoous. It's out of 80. This year the grade bboundaries were:
A*=66
A=64
B=62
C=60
D=50
So pretty stupid but heyho!
Then you have to get a UMS mark of 180 for an A* 160 for an A and so forth I won't go into how you work that out has it's confusing :smile:
Hope this was useful good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by HeatherEssex
I did edexcel and got an A* this summer :smile:
The practical was quite low this summer 45 out of 50 that includes the analysis of performance bit which is out of 20 but you just half it so it has the same equivalence to each sport. Then theory exam was actually quite easy but worded vvery badly and the grade boundaries wwere ridiculoous. It's out of 80. This year the grade bboundaries were:
A*=66
A=64
B=62
C=60
D=50
So pretty stupid but heyho!
Then you have to get a UMS mark of 180 for an A* 160 for an A and so forth I won't go into how you work that out has it's confusing :smile:
Hope this was useful good luck :smile:

Thanks this was very helpful, you could mention ums as i do understand them very well through other subjects. How much of the final grade is the PEPworth?
The actual PEP is worth very little but as I'm sure youu knowit's counted with analysis of performance which equates to 12%. Each sport is 12% aswell. :smile: good luuck
In gcse PE, why is the practical out of 50 when it should be out if 60? 4 sports= 40 and PEP= 20? I don't get it?

Latest

Trending

Trending