The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Harro finally found the reapplicant thread :smile:
is garlicbreadman here or did he finally get his place?
and if you have resat ur ukcat, did any of you do better or worse or just the same? mega worried. xx
Original post by Limesasquatch
Did you notice I gave you one too? teehee...

The F1's I 'hung' around with on my experience have always sometimes been funny, easy going people, it seems quite a contrast to some of the consultants, I don't know if its the time or the responsibility that builds them (or w.e, I've stopped understanding myself too)

My gap year, ahhh. Well here's the plan...

- Finish my PS and send it to about a hundred people for feedback
- Apply
- Go to this orphanage in SA near Jo'burg (OMFG I so excited!) for like 3/4 weeks
- Endure some more work at a disabled school (which pays too well for what I do) to earn money and have something to talk about in my interview
- Go on holiday to somewhere like Australia!!! not that I can afford it though... :frown:
- Endure some more SJA as I don't do anything at my meetings lol
- My referee course! Just remembered that, I'm a be a ref soon :biggrin:
Oh, and, urrr, party a lot? yeah that.

I'm thinking about Cardiff, and Manchester and Newcastle. My UKCAT was 675 so I'm not too sure about Newcastle :frown: I only got a C in my fourth/forth subject so that rules out most places as they all now want a B, a goddamn B!! WHY didn't I try harder???

How about your gap year? Give me some inspiration please. :wink:
Also would you mind telling me where thoust applying? And your UKCAT please :biggrin:

And guess what? I DON'T apologise for how extremely long my reply is :smile:

Just first thing, i'd *advise* against newcastle, although we are sexymother****ers, i've been told the cut off last year was 695 and it's unlikely to go down by much if any :frown: but if that's what your heart wants you could risk

Oh i'll be working as a pharmacy dispenser (which i do now) and as a health care assistant (aka. nurses bitch) while drinking extreme amounts
Hopefully going to india after march to ride an elephant (yay!) and italy with my boyfriend (he doesnt know about this yet tehehe)
and generally being all OMG I REALLY WANT AN INTERVIEW and then hopefully if i get said interview be like OMG I REALLY WANT AN UNCONDITIONAL BAD BOI OFFER
While missing my pals but wishing them the best luck at uni

and hopefully being allowed to visit them every once in a while... im deffo going to chester though :biggrin:

I got 635 ukcat (im **** i know) but hey, what's a brother gna do when he's **** at verbal reasoning

EDIT
whew my posts contain loads of stars instead of words. should really start using the words poop and frick.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurenl93
Just first thing, i'd *advise* against newcastle, although we are sexymother****ers, i've been told the cut off last year was 695 and it's unlikely to go down by much if any :frown: but if that's what your heart wants you could risk

Oh i'll be working as a pharmacy dispenser (which i do now) and as a health care assistant (aka. nurses bitch) while drinking extreme amounts
Hopefully going to india after march to ride an elephant (yay!) and italy with my boyfriend (he doesnt know about this yet tehehe)
and generally being all OMG I REALLY WANT AN INTERVIEW and then hopefully if i get said interview be like OMG I REALLY WANT AN UNCONDITIONAL BAD BOI OFFER
While missing my pals but wishing them the best luck at uni

and hopefully being allowed to visit them every once in a while... im deffo going to chester though :biggrin:

I got 635 ukcat (im **** i know) but hey, what's a brother gna do when he's **** at verbal reasoning

EDIT
whew my posts contain loads of stars instead of words. should really start using the words poop and frick.

Sexymotherpoopers? when he's frick at verbal reasoning? I don't know. It made more sense with the astrerix and obelix's ... :cool:

I'd like to inform you that the UKCAT cut off last year was defo not 695, as I managed to get (and then promptly **** up, I feel so ashamed! Now I'm going to go into any future interviews (which I will definitely probably get at least one, hopefully) bricking myself) an interview with a UKCAT of 687.5 - Yes, that's right, my UKCAT went down from last year...

Sounds like a nice gap year thou has got sorted. :smile: I'd drink heavily too, if i weren't going to be at home alone lol jk with my parents. :frown: Or if there was more than a few **** bars that are **** and are full of the kind of people who'd loot :colone:

Yeah, so yeah. That's, err, yeah!
Original post by joemullally
This friend thing all feels a bit inbetweeners . . .
Still a good idea!.

TSR Friiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeend.

Just completed personal details section in my UCAS form, booyaah.
Original post by SophiaMaria
and if you have resat ur ukcat, did any of you do better or worse or just the same? mega worried. xx

Scary, your choices in your sig are the EXACT same to mine, teetering between Aber/Edin also, think I am going for Edin even though I will be slightly disadvantaged due to the fact they factor in school grades even though I'm a grad.

I presume your a Scots girl :cool: Hear Aberdeen and Edinburgh have made it 9K per year tuition fees for English/Welsh and N.I applicants, great news for me being a scotsman....sorry everyone else. :rolleyes:

P.S GBman got his place via the waiting list I think! Aberdeen if I recall (?) the place is not quite the same without him :frown:
Reply 3485
Sexymotherpoopers? when he's frick at verbal reasoning? I don't know. It made more sense with the astrerix and obelix's ... :cool:

I'd like to inform you that the UKCAT cut off last year was defo not 695, as I managed to get (and then promptly **** up, I feel so ashamed! Now I'm going to go into any future interviews (which I will definitely probably get at least one, hopefully) bricking myself) an interview with a UKCAT of 687.5 - Yes, that's right, my UKCAT went down from last year...

Sounds like a nice gap year thou has got sorted. :smile: I'd drink heavily too, if i weren't going to be at home alone lol jk with my parents. :frown: Or if there was more than a few **** bars that are **** and are full of the kind of people who'd loot :colone:

Yeah, so yeah. That's, err, yeah!

Can I join your misery party? I'm a reapplicant who's fed up with hearing about friends going off to uni .I also hate having to explain to rellies about why I am not the family failure they think I am.And I am working full time to try and get the millions the course costs when I get there.........................................................cry? My cornflakes are soggy and I havent put the milk on yet.
Oh god, you people go fast! I have not been on here for like a day and I had many pages to catch up with!! I am just sooo busy with 'Leaving Parities' lately because all my friends, but me, are leaving :frown:

UKCAT on the 30th, I need to get preparing from today !!

Hope you are all doing well :P
Reply 3487
Original post by SophiaMaria

I'd quite like to know how it compares aswell :smile:
Haha, I know what people mean about everyone else going to uni :P
bit of a gutter but won't matter if you get in this year :P
I'm in a weird situation this year as I didn't get any offers last year, but then got sick and couldn't sit any of my exams so I need to do them this year! :P
Not so bad though as I'm Scottish so already got the entry req. in 5th year, apart from bio, still a bit annoying that I still need to do exams this year though :P
Original post by Quackers93
Mine have quite a bit :frown: A few have stayed the same, but loads just are too busy to meet up, preparing for uni, visiting accomodation and stuff. And some are ridiculously uncontatable :/ And I know exactly what you mean about the friend thing, it better not happen though! If it does I will not be amused and will probably complain on here about it :tongue:

Love the facebook idea :smile:

Im really worried about what everyone is doing in their gap year... loads of people seem pretty sorted ie. have job(s), have something interesting planned to do and then theres me with "get a job" :/

Anyone else who's on the 'get a job' stage, what are you writting in your personal statement about your gap year? Atm I really have nothing except get a job :/ My mums pregnant atm so I've sort of ruled out travelling cause well by the time I get money the baby will be realllly young and my dads away on a course and stuff urgh why is the deadline 15th oct... could they not extended it to like Jan cause they like us reapplicants sooooo much better :tongue:

i can feel your pain...i havent got a job either
Reply 3489
i dont know what backup 2 put!!! helpp!!
Original post by oldbatty
Can I join your misery party? I'm a reapplicant who's fed up with hearing about friends going off to uni .I also hate having to explain to rellies about why I am not the family failure they think I am.And I am working full time to try and get the millions the course costs when I get there.........................................................cry? My cornflakes are soggy and I havent put the milk on yet.

You certainly can! We need all the company we can get, it is misery :frown:
Reply 3491

Thank you!
It's my second last friends leaving party tonight. Therefore, I am getting the most pissed out of everyone there

It's the most polite thing to do afterall
its gonna take me a while to get over the "everyones going to uni except me" depression. one more week till most of them go off. im a sad panda
Original post by bertstare
its gonna take me a while to get over the "everyones going to uni except me" depression. one more week till most of them go off. im a sad panda

same, was out for coffee with my group today for the last time probably for a long time and all everyone was talking about was moving, and loads of my mates leave tomorrow :frown:
one of my close friends is staying home for a year since she didnt get into uni either but its not gonna be the same without everyone else:frown:
Original post by ninjaturtle
i can feel your pain...i havent got a job either

I've finally got a job interview! :biggrin: Not for a hca like loads of other people seem to *shakes fist* it's at a nursery... but it's still a job as long as I get it :biggrin:

I want in tooo! Sounds like a cool club :cool:

Original post by bertstare

:penguinhug: (pretend the penguin is a panda :tongue:)
Stressed :frown:
Reply 3497
Original post by superG123
Stressed :frown:

:console:
Original post by laurenl93
It's my second last friends leaving party tonight. Therefore, I am getting the most pissed out of everyone there

It's the most polite thing to do afterall

... can I come pwease? :colondollar:
read over my personal statement earlier to highlight good stuff to keep in.

i highlighted three sentences.
no wonder i never got in last year, its bloody terrible :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending