The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuzaMagda
Which option would you say is better? Writing to her now or speaking to her during our scheduled meeting on the 3rd of October?

Arrange to speak to her privately, yes.
Do they generally tend to be understanding and helpful in such cases? I am slightly afraid of her reaction...
Do they generally tend to be understanding and helpful in such cases? I am slightly afraid of her reaction...

Ask nuodai. He switched from Compsci to maths (or the other way round, I forget) in the first 2 weeks of starting his degree.
Reply 3023
I love TSR :smile: and technology in general...
If it wasn't for TSR (and facbeook to a certain extent), this period would be a lot more difficult... it's great that so many people can answer our questions well :smile:

/ End Soppy Rant.
How do you think I should formulate an e-mail to my Director of Studies concerning my desire to change subject from Linguistics to Modern Languages? Should I give her a carefully composed list of reasons as though I were writing a para-PS for the new subject or do you think I should simply formulate a succinct question about the possibility of making such a change?

My friend has already managed to change her course. She got an offer for geography and switched to MML by contacting her DoS and then sending in some Spanish work. It was that easy. I'd make enquiries now! x :smile:
Anyone know if we're getting anybody famous for Freshers Week? Queens Belfast have the Hoff ! :L
Has anyone else not heard from their college parents yet? I'm feeling left out :frown:
Reply 3027
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Anyone know if we're getting anybody famous for Freshers Week? Queens Belfast have the Hoff ! :L

We've got Hawking...
Original post by confusedllama
Has anyone else not heard from their college parents yet? I'm feeling left out :frown:

I am still an orphan :frown: But our freshers reps said that we would hear from our parents early this week so hopefully we should find out in the next couple of days or so :smile:
Original post by EllieJoONM
I am still an orphan :frown: But our freshers reps said that we would hear from our parents early this week so hopefully we should find out in the next couple of days or so :smile:

Still orphaned and homeless here :sigh:
Original post by Schnecke

have you still not got accommodation?
Original post by cpdavis
have you still not got accommodation?

Spoke too soon. Accomodation letter just arrived :tongue:

Oh no :frown: Have you still not been told about accommodation? What college are you applying to?
Spoke too soon. Accomodation letter just arrived :tongue:

:woo:

When are you going up?
Original post by gethsemane342

Tortious

Since rooms in Catz don't have insurance, would you say that it's worth getting insurance? It's just that I've kinda ended up buying insurance from Endsleigh before even getting to Cam and I'm wondering if I should cancel it... :blush:
Original post by EllieJoONM
Oh no :frown: Have you still not been told about accommodation? What college are you applying to?

Haha just got it, I'm going to Downing.

Original post by cpdavis
:woo:

When are you going up?

October 1st :biggrin:

When do you start at Kings? Looking forward to starting maths again?
October 1st :biggrin:

When do you start at Kings? Looking forward to starting maths again?

Start lectures on the 26th September, actually looking forward to that maths :woo: (although slightly scared if anything :unsure: )
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Since rooms in Catz don't have insurance, would you say that it's worth getting insurance? It's just that I've kinda ended up buying insurance from Endsleigh before even getting to Cam and I'm wondering if I should cancel it... :blush:

I dunno - I'm covered by my parents' home insurance (I think) provided that my room's locked and it's during term time when the room's occupied. :dontknow: I guess that might be the first thing to check to make sure you're not paying for the same thing twice. :yes:
Original post by Tortious
I dunno - I'm covered by my parents' home insurance (I think) provided that my room's locked and it's during term time when the room's occupied. :dontknow: I guess that might be the first thing to check to make sure you're not paying for the same thing twice. :yes:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm not covered by their insurance and the insurance that I've bought covers my phone and laptoo when I'm out and about.
Original post by cpdavis
Start lectures on the 26th September, actually looking forward to that maths :woo: (although slightly scared if anything :unsure: )

Haha same here. Have been going through the workbook Cambridge sent out and I'm clearly very rusty.. can't wait to start though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending