The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RollerBall
Yeah... About that... I don't have any notes... I write notes to learnt the stuff then toss 'em.

That's ok. I only made notes for Funmed and HD in first year then got lazy ever since. Just read the slides or something (if they are still on blackboard/you printed them off). You don't really need to spend that much time on year 1 stuff as there's sooooo much more to learn in second year - you do get the random year one question sometimes in exams, but it's not worth the hassle reading everything from last year in detail; a quick glance would suffice.
Original post by Medicine Man
I don't quite get this - so more points for the people who will in essence be getting more points anyway?

I think it's basically at the med school's discretion how they want to award those points but I'm guessing (and was told) a fair bit is going to go to those who have excellent academics. But the med school might choose to give it for best poster presentations/essays etc. if they want, not sure how it's gonna work tbh. Why couldn't they just stick with the white space questions?
Original post by RollerBall
x

Someone was sober tonight :p:
Reply 5605

quotes

Hi guys :hi:
A little birdy told me you were all officially medical students now so welcome to our thread :teeth:
Original post by Hygeia

Original post by Hygeia

quotes

A little birdy told me you were all officially medical students now so welcome to our thread :teeth:

Hiya :biggrin:

I'm probably not *officially* a med student, havent set foot in the med school yet :moon: but thanks!
Looks like I'm spending tomorrow wandering around outside in the cold to 'get to know my community'. Yay.

Plus side, 9.30am start.
(edited 12 years ago)
*******s, looks like I can't do prion work for my lab project :frown:. Also, does anyone have this paper
http://www.annualreviews.org/action/showMostReadArticles?topArticlesType=sinceInception&journalCode=neuro I need the review on the vesicle cycle. Trying to sort out another project....
Original post by Wangers
*******s, looks like I can't do prion work for my lab project :frown:. Also, does anyone have this paper
http://www.annualreviews.org/action/showMostReadArticles?topArticlesType=sinceInception&journalCode=neuro I need the review on the vesicle cycle. Trying to sort out another project....

I wrote a short paper on vesicle pools and the molecular mechanisms of release if that's any use to you?
Original post by Hygeia

quotes

Finally, I don't need to stalk this thread anymore.

Proper lectures at 9 tomorrow. :teeth:

Silly art student flatmates who can sleep in till 12. I have flu but I feel like this --> :crazy:
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't realise freshers actually involves no uni work... in Aberdeen we were in at 9am every day during it!

Feels good to be here, has to be said :awesome:

Loving being a fresher and Ferguson, you really are a lightweight :rofl:
Reply 5613
Original post by crazylemon
Although you should be careful. I know non medics who have heard conversations between medics who have felt uncomfortable with the terms.
They can ****ing bore on and listen elsewhere.
Reply 5614
Original post by spacepirate-James
Finally, I don't need to stalk this thread anymore.

Proper lectures at 9 tomorrow. :teeth:

Silly art student flatmates who can sleep in till 12. I have flu but I feel like this --> :crazy:

Manflu? :eek:
Just seen the news that Subcutaneous is applying for grad med!

Oh Lordy, the irony....makes all these years on TSR worth it!

Must reconsider applying to NE Thames now :colone:
Original post by FFCrusader
Someone was sober tonight :p:

Oh mate, I was such a state. I didn't eat anything all day as I didn't have time between travelling and stuff. What a mistake that was. I don't remember anything past ~half 10 or something when I went to sit outside Good Sams to chunder.

To be fair the only thing more moronic than the torygraph banging on about it is the idiots claiming that twitter and public facebook pages with thousands of fans counts as a "private conversation".

Latest

Trending

Trending