The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3720
Original post by oldbatty
Your application is a really strong one. What about newcastle/nottingham/Leeds?

Hmm, I considered all of those - Leeds didn't rate my personal statement very highly at all last year, and since I'm not sure I improved it to their standards, I'm a bit wary of applying there again. And I'm not sure I like the areas of Newcastle and Nottingham - my boyfriend has been to both, and said he didn't like them. And since we are SO scarily alike in our tastes of different places, I'm trusting him when he says he doesn't think I'd like it haha.

I think I might be being a bit too picky though haha.
most of my friends started uni today. It's just hit me- THE GAP YEAR HAS BEGUN GUYS.
Reply 3722
My god - personal statement is 10 characters over.

I'm cutting out commas for ****'s sake.
Reply 3723
UKCAT tomorrow :eek: Quick someone tell me it'll be fine :colondollar:

It was pretty scary walking into school in my jeans hunting my teachers down and asking them for references. And i swear... kids these days are so immature :eviltongue:
Original post by twelve

Mine is 50 characters over! :s

Original post by -Taz-
UKCAT tomorrow :eek: Quick someone tell me it'll be fine :colondollar:

It was pretty scary walking into school in my jeans hunting my teachers down and asking them for references. And i swear... kids these days are so immature :eviltongue:

Good Luck!
Reply 3725
Original post by areyousure?

Good Luck!

Trying to get some last minute revision in... I never learn :rolleyes:
Original post by -Taz-

Trying to get some last minute revision in... I never learn :rolleyes:

Best to go to sleep, things like that are so important with the UKCAT!
Also, I forgot to say. In Spanish I was 6 UMS away from an A*, so today I asked for a remark. I need to lose 30 marks to go down to a B... so I hope that does not happen! :P
Reply 3728
So I did my UKCAT today, I got 645 average: 540 VR, 620 QR, 750 AR, 670 DA..wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but still okay right? I already have AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Maths, and thinking about applying to Southampton, Newcastle, Leicester..any advice on this please? Oh yeah, I'm starting biomedicine at UEA this year as well.
I'm not sure if I should do the BMAT and apply to UCL? I didn't do it last year so it will be new to me. I just want to think about widening my choices this year and picking strategically to ensure a place.
Thanks guys.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3729
Original post by twelve
Hmm, I considered all of those - Leeds didn't rate my personal statement very highly at all last year, and since I'm not sure I improved it to their standards, I'm a bit wary of applying there again. And I'm not sure I like the areas of Newcastle and Nottingham - my boyfriend has been to both, and said he didn't like them. And since we are SO scarily alike in our tastes of different places, I'm trusting him when he says he doesn't think I'd like it haha.

Hey ! Newcastle is a great city with really friendly people. Best nightlife if that's your thing.Countryside is fantastic and shopping good. I love it and I'm a Southerner! You're too bright not to make your own judgements -go see for yourself!
Original post by oldbatty
Hey ! Newcastle is a great city with really friendly people. Best nightlife if that's your thing.Countryside is fantastic and shopping good. I love it and I'm a Southerner! You're too bright not to make your own judgements -go see for yourself!

You speak truth :wink:
Reply 3731
Original post by twelve

Nottingham is also beautiful, I even applied there myself last year! If you go and visit it tell me and I'll show you what it's properly like, not just the uni part of it.
Reply 3732
Original post by twelve
And I'm not sure I like the areas of Newcastle and Nottingham - my boyfriend has been to both, and said he didn't like them.

They are completely different! Like literally incomparable. :tongue:

Original post by twelve

Mines is 304 characters over :frown: And thats having cut it down from 4,000 over :tongue: I will be happy when my app has gone!

Good Luck!

tbh I'm having more problems with the line limit than the character limit. On 3956 characters and 49 lines :s-smilie:
Original post by Beska
They are completely different! Like literally incomparable. :tongue:

Absolutely no bias there :P :wink2:
Original post by twelve

Original post by Tinth
Nottingham is also beautiful, I even applied there myself last year! If you go and visit it tell me and I'll show you what it's properly like, not just the uni part of it.

I will also show you round newcastle :h:

SO OFFENDED YOU DONT LIKE IT. :unimpressed:

well not really.. just if i didnt already live here i'd be dying to go to uni here. Plus the med school is gorgeous and i live 5 mins away from literally all the student accomodation.... pick newcastle.....
Original post by Quackers93
Mines is 304 characters over :frown: And thats having cut it down from 4,000 over :tongue: I will be happy when my app has gone!

Kirstie just do me a favour and shoot me in the face now.
Guys, i'm using the 600Q book, Kaplan free test and the official tests for UKCAT prep. Can someone please tell me if there's any other resource? I have it next weeek and judging by last year's result, I really could use some advice.
Original post by twelve

Mine's 600 characters over the limit!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending