The Student Room Group

Official 2012 Biochemistry Applicants*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Offer from Exeter, too! AAB :smile:
Looks like I'm joining the Exeter club - AAB :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by tgarrud
that's really bad practise on your schools part.

I know ! The teacher in charge of my reference got my biology teacher to change mine from an A to an A* because he thought it would look better :L
Just got an offer from Exeter!!! Most nervewracking moment ever logging onto track after getting that ominous email . . . :smile:
Reply 24
I wish I'd applied to Exeter or Bath now as atleast I'd have an indication of where I stand being as they seem to be quick replying :P.

Anyone heard from York, Sheffield or Leicester regarding Biochem/ Med Biochem?
Original post by saraaahr
I know ! The teacher in charge of my reference got my biology teacher to change mine from an A to an A* because he thought it would look better :L

Ouch things like that really piss me off lol but it's your school's fault so I wouldn't worry about it, good luck with your application anyway.
Original post by Simmsy
I wish I'd applied to Exeter or Bath now as atleast I'd have an indication of where I stand being as they seem to be quick replying :P.

Anyone heard from York, Sheffield or Leicester regarding Biochem/ Med Biochem?

Yes!! I heard back from Leicester last week offering me a place for ABB :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Hillbilly101
Yes!! I heard back from Leicester last week offering me a place for ABB :biggrin:

Is it worth to apply to Leicester? :smile: and how about Edinburgh?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Hillbilly101

Biochemistry or Medical Biochemistry?
Reply 29
Original post by CeeTay
woohoo yay!
i see you've also applied to southampton - did you go there for an open day? i've applied there but never been there before.. what's it like? :smile:

It was amazing, I liked it more than Bath and Exeter. The man in charge of the School of Biosciences was a Biochemist and really passionate about it. The campus was really nice as well. I applied to Exeter without visiting, too :smile:
I've applied for Queen Mary, Leeds and Nottingham...

GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
AS: AAB
A2: BBB

I have an unconditional from Queen Mary. So unsure which university I prefer! Anyone got any advice?!
Reply 31
just got offers from Queen Mary,

Science and Engineering foundation year (CCX1, Biological sciences)- 220 points

Biochemistry- 300 points

:smile:
Offer from motherchuffing King's!
Reply 33
I've applied for 3 biochemistry courses and 2 slightly different. Got an offer from one of the 'different' ones- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Loughborough :smile:
Original post by Simmsy
I've applied for 3 biochemistry courses and 2 slightly different. Got an offer from one of the 'different' ones- Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Loughborough :smile:

I applied for that course at Loughborough too :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by shelladonia
I applied for that course at Loughborough too :smile:

Good choice! :P
I think it looks really interesting- glad my Biochemistry personal statement didn't hinder me.
Reply 36
got an offer from kings :smile:
Reply 37
Offer from Leicester for Medical Biochemistry :smile:
Reply 38
interview at sheffield two weeks tomorrow for biochemistry with genetics!
Reply 39
Just got a conditional offer from sheffield for biochemistry:smile:
GCE A-level: A A B (with chemistry) or
HKDSE: 5 5 4 (with chemistry)
Good luck everyone!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending