The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

You know that thing next to/opposite the checkouts? And it has all the pictures of managers and section leaders, and something about 'your service team' or something or other?
Reply 1301
Original post by AndSparkles
You know that thing next to/opposite the checkouts? And it has all the pictures of managers and section leaders, and something about 'your service team' or something or other?

I'm sure i will find it! :biggrin: thanks for all your help/advice, much appreciate it!
Reply 1302
see if your a Christmas temp, do you still get paid time and a half for boxing day and new years day?
Reply 1303
Original post by BryBee
I am :smile: had my group interview on the 4th, individual interview on the 7th, induction on the 12th and first shift on the 14th so only 10 days between group interview and being on the shop floor working for Asda :smile:

I went through it....Not bad at all...Although all of them were miles older than me...

The manager decided to do a 1-1 interview today also....So I wasn't really prepared for it.

All in all it was a good experience and if I d don't get the job I'll just keep trying?

BTW After the 1-1 interview how long did it take them to tell you you got the job?
Reply 1304
Original post by Hearts10
see if your a Christmas temp, do you still get paid time and a half for boxing day and new years day?

yeah though at my store we get paid double, apparently?
Original post by Shippy
I'm sure i will find it! :biggrin: thanks for all your help/advice, much appreciate it!

It's okay :smile:

Also, regarding the pay thing for boxing day/NYD, officially... you get time and a half. Then you get a 'thank you' payment which takes it up to double pay. £78 for 6 hours...
Reply 1306
Original post by AndSparkles
It's okay :smile:

Also, regarding the pay thing for boxing day/NYD, officially... you get time and a half. Then you get a 'thank you' payment which takes it up to double pay. £78 for 6 hours...

I'm not complaining! :wink:
Reply 1307
Got my best welcome tomorrow at the Stockport store :smile:
Reply 1308
Forgot to say thats an option but it does mention possibility of 1 to 1 on the day. Took 3 hours for me to hear lol. Getting 1 to 1 is a pretty good sign
Original post by AmyJ
Just started on the checkouts and I'm really struggling to remember all the PLU codes, does anyone have any tips? I currently have a list of the 8-10 most popular codes Sellotaped to my till!

I've been there 4 months now and only know half of them, if that. Or sometimes I know one one day, but forget it and know another the next.
Relax, there is no shame in looking in the book, or failing that, asking a colleague. You'll start to pick them up after a while :smile:
Hey guys, quick question- been at the Store 4 months now (really enjoying it), though today I found out we don't get holiday leave over Easter?
What do Asda define as the Easter period/what dates is it when we can't take leave? Hoping it's just the bank holiday weekend?

Cheers :smile:
Does anybody know when we are paid this month? Is it tomorrow and when was the cut off point for this month?
Original post by jamesjamesk

Original post by jamesjamesk
Does anybody know when we are paid this month? Is it tomorrow and when was the cut off point for this month?

Yep, tomorrow. And I got to ask, what is the "cut off point"? I've heard it mentioned on here, but I've no idea what they are talking about.
Reply 1313
Does anyone have a PDF file or anything of the PLU codes? i really want to have a look at them at home and try and remember. It's so embarressing looking at the book when a customer is waiting and especially when xmas is coming up. Also who knows the command on the checkout for the ASDA gift cards and Christmas cards. So many things to remember on the checkouts...
Original post by citicati
Does anyone have a PDF file or anything of the PLU codes? i really want to have a look at them at home and try and remember. It's so embarressing looking at the book when a customer is waiting and especially when xmas is coming up. Also who knows the command on the checkout for the ASDA gift cards and Christmas cards. So many things to remember on the checkouts...

See my response to Amy. It really doest matter. If it's taking a while to find the code in the book, then aplogise and explain your new abd don't know all the codes yet :smile:

Also don't worry yourself about trying to revise them, or remember them all at once- your gradually start to pick them up.
Should be in your employee handbook surely? Probably just bank holiday though :smile:
I've got my checkout training on Sunday. I'm just a christmas temp. :yes:
Reply 1317
Had my first shift yesterday and it went really well! Had someone watching over me for about 4 hours, and then went on my own till for the last 2 hours of my shift and only need help once or twice, it's amazing how quickly you just absorb everything. I realy enjoyed it though, i like chatting to the customers and everything :smile: The only problem is that I couldn't get used to sitting down at all, i couldn't move things very well (i only have short arms) so ended up standing for all of my shift, which was good because i was working very efficiently, only had a big queue once, but my feet and back were killing when i'd finished!
Reply 1318
Thanks for the info, AndSparkles. What exactly am i suposed to wear to this magic event then? I can understand on a one to one interview you'd dress up nice but for a group thing, it all sounds very light and informal but then it doesnt lol....how did other guys dress at these events? :confused:
What is the best thing about working in ASDA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending