The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carcinoma
lol

For us each year counts differently towards the ranking:
Yr 1 & 2 - 33%
Yr 3 - 33%
Yr 4 - 33%

If I had to guess I'd say I'm smack bang in the middle of my year. I do average on exams, but do well on SSCs and projects (basically any written work cos I'm good at that).

But thanks for showing me that, its put everything into perspective for me slightly. Hopefully i can prepare well for my OSCE this may and get a top mark.

(its funny but why would someone neg you for that)

lol yeah well, we all have problems.
Original post by crazylemon
I don't know how we are ranked.
But we don't really know where we are although I suspect I am 2nd decile.

I hate you

I don't know what ours were worth but I distinctions which means top 15%
Can't be more specific than that but as I got the boundry in 1st year...

To get a distinction here you have to be a certain percentage above the pass mark (possibly 15). Only 6% got a distinction in our written exam last year. I was less than a mark off :grumble:

Ours it is apparently top 15 distinc then 25% merit

But they seem to deliberately make our position unclear...this annoys me

We don't have merits :nah:

We get told what quartile we're in for OSCEs and our written exams. And then what percentage got a distinction and that's about it.
Ive just realised how much work I have to do and I dont care, i'll get round to it - at some point im sure. Oh the joys of being so laid back in horizontal!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubs-Season-1-9-Complete-DVD/dp/B005IVX3IM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325190755&sr=8-1

But cant they just take Season 9 back and let me have just season 1-8 for slightly cheaper. :tongue: :smile:
Reply 7846
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubs-Season-1-9-Complete-DVD/dp/B005IVX3IM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325190755&sr=8-1

But cant they just take Season 9 back and let me have just season 1-8 for slightly cheaper. :tongue: :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubs-Seasons-1-8-Zach-Braff/dp/B003KK6AKG/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1325193020&sr=1-2

Or spend £20 more just to pretend that season 9 never happened.

Amazon should pretend season 9 didn't happen.
Amazon should pretend season 9 didn't happen.

I think we should pretend that anything after season 4 didn't happen.

Also, I'm glad they only made one Matrix film and only 3 star wars films and that Indiana Jones w/ the dude off of Transformers fell through in pre production.

:daydreaming:
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
I think we should pretend that anything after season 4 didn't happen.

Also, I'm glad they only made one Matrix film and only 3 star wars films and that Indiana Jones w/ the dude off of Transformers fell through in pre production.

:daydreaming:

Quoted for truth.
I agreed to do a first draft of my dissertation introduction over the break. This is ALOT of work. I have plans for NY. Am back on Tuesday. Bugger.
FML.

So, I had originally planned to miss the first week of term as I was on holiday (I posted about it before, idk if anyone remembers) but now I've just found out my auntie has passed away and her funeral is the 10th.

However, this would mean I would miss a week and a half. The first week I had planned to miss (arrive back on the Sunday 8th and was going to be in 9am on the Monday). I was going to text my GP tutor (only see Tuesday Morning) and my PBL tutor (only miss one session on thursday) to say I was ill or something similar.

However, if I stay around to go to the funeral I'm going to have to miss the GP placement on Tuesday, my PBL on the Thursday, AND the PBL on the following Monday/Medsoc on the tuesday. Despite having a genuine excuse for the second week it's going to look a bit suspicious if I miss the first week and half.

Sigh. I could always BS that I'm missing the first week due to the death but I feel that's using it as an excuse and would feel like a dickbag.

I'm marked for attendance to the PBL/MedSoc/EPC and I missed one Medsoc/EPC last term due to illness (hungover for one and food poisoning for the other) so can't really afford to miss anymore. Can't be ****ed to deal with this **** atm.
Original post by RollerBall
FML.

So, I had originally planned to miss the first week of term as I was on holiday (I posted about it before, idk if anyone remembers) but now I've just found out my auntie has passed away and her funeral is the 10th.

However, this would mean I would miss a week and a half. The first week I had planned to miss (arrive back on the Sunday 8th and was going to be in 9am on the Monday). I was going to text my GP tutor (only see Tuesday Morning) and my PBL tutor (only miss one session on thursday) to say I was ill or something similar.

However, if I stay around to go to the funeral I'm going to have to miss the GP placement on Tuesday, my PBL on the Thursday, AND the PBL on the following Monday/Medsoc on the tuesday. Despite having a genuine excuse for the second week it's going to look a bit suspicious if I miss the first week and half.

Sigh. I could always BS that I'm missing the first week due to the death but I feel that's using it as an excuse and would feel like a dickbag.

I'm marked for attendance to the PBL/MedSoc/EPC and I missed one Medsoc/EPC last term due to illness (hungover for one and food poisoning for the other) so can't really afford to miss anymore. Can't be ****ed to deal with this **** atm.

Peak times, but I think your gonna have to bust an EC to cover your absences. It does see dickish to do it, but I dont see what else you can do.

(on a side note, whenever I see MedSoc I always think its a night out lol)
(on a side note, whenever I see MedSoc I always think its a night out lol)

Same. I don't get all this Barts terminology.
FML.

I'm sorry for your loss but i think you tell them exactly what you've said in this post. They'll understand in light of what happened to your aunt, irrespective of your absence for the first week. Lying to your medical school isn't a wise thing to do. You can either come clean, or take the coward's way out. Your move hombre.
Original post by Isometrix
You on your iBSc? :s-smilie:

Yes. So much effort. Relatively fun (in places).

Original post by Kinkerz
Same. I don't get all this Barts terminology.

:rofl:
FML.

Dude, sorry to hear about that. If you have to miss it, just tell them. From what I remember, you can miss two MedSoc/EPC sessions in a year, so you can use this as one of them (unless you were leaving that to pull a tactical sickie during end of year exam time)? Either way, better to let them know what has actually happened. If your GP/Consultant was anything like mine, they shouldn't mind if you miss a session, more so because it is something as unfortunate as this.

Re lectures and stuff you are missing in week 2, I'll hand over my neuro notes from second year to you (that's if you don't have them already) or talk you through the stuff you miss (which I hopefully should remember) if you want? Just let me know - after my exam on Tuesday, I should have a bit more spare time.
Original post by Medicine Man
Yes. So much effort. Relatively fun (in places).

Might I ask what in?
Original post by Isometrix
Might I ask what in?

He's doing Medical Education :wink:
Original post by FFCrusader
He's doing Medical Education :wink:

Have you started the business model thing yet? Think the first week of term might be much like that last week before the holidays...

Latest

Trending

Trending