The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Probably been said already in this thread, but ketchup on roast dinners is wrong on so many levels.
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Probably been said already in this thread, but ketchup on roast dinners is wrong on so many levels.

Oh yes!
When somebody rings youwhen you're in the middle of eating your food. DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE.
Reply 843
KFC spicy wings are a food crime. Why? Because they're all skin. Shocking.
Reply 844
Original post by HellOnHighHeels
When somebody rings youwhen you're in the middle of eating your food. DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE.

Even worse when it's a simple "how's it going?" call, you TELL them you've just sat down to dinner, and they CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION.

Oh, no, it's fine. I love COLD SPAG BOL. CHEERS FOR DOING ME THE FAVOUR.
Original post by Fusion
KFC spicy wings are a food crime. Why? Because they're all skin. Shocking.

Chicken wings in general are a food crime because of all the skin! I've never understood why some people would choose to eat wings over breasts. Do they genuinely like the taste and texture of chicken skin or what? :confused:
Reply 846
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Chicken wings in general are a food crime because of all the skin! I've never understood why some people would choose to eat wings over breasts. Do they genuinely like the taste and texture of chicken skin or what? :confused:

I guess because they're spicy, and maybe the limited amount of meat is of good quality.
Reply 847
Food Crime my lazy father is guilty of.

"Are you going to get something for your dinner or what?"
"Aye, I'm fine, you just fix yours, I'll get something later."

*cooks something personal-portion sized, with a surplus one or two for later (For example, five fish fingers; three for my plate just now, two for a sandwich before bed :wink: )*

*comes down later*

"Where are those fish fingers I made?"
"Oh, I ate them. I couldn't be bothered making anything and I saw you made too many."

STOP BEING SO DAMNED LAZY.

My dad is the sort of person who will, if you bring him something for lunch - eat a sandwich or pasty that is ready-made etc, if presented to him, but if you brought him back something with even the slightest, TINIEST preparation (Talking, microwaving here), he will just say he's not hungry.
Reply 848
Americano coffee.

If I want an espresso, I will have an espresso. On the other hand if I want a coffee; I'd rather have a proper coffee; whether made in a filter or a French Press - why do so many coffee places serve watered down espresso as their standard basic coffee? I know 99% of the milkshakes/chocamochacaramel-fests on offer are espresso based but you would think a cafe - someone whose nuts and bolts business is hot drinks should be able to give you a basic coffee of comparable quality to that made at home.
Reply 849
Original post by Jake22
Americano coffee.

If I want an espresso, I will have an espresso. On the other hand if I want a coffee; I'd rather have a proper coffee; whether made in a filter or a French Press - why do so many coffee places serve watered down espresso as their standard basic coffee? I know 99% of the milkshakes/chocamochacaramel-fests on offer are espresso based but you would think a cafe - someone whose nuts and bolts business is hot drinks should be able to give you a basic coffee of comparable quality to that made at home.

For "coffee shops", a lot of them genuinely don't sell that much in the way of actual coffee!

I got looked at like a leper asking for a full Swedish hand massage when I asked for TEA, of all things.

They kinda looked back at me like, "But we can't put a shot of cinnamon-mocha-whipped-latte-strudelfluff in that..."
People who go to the Chinese and order chips and curry sauce. Just, why?

Also, people who look at a mildly unique thing on a menu and do the whole "eeeewwww look at "insert name of mildly unique food", that's just disgusting, boke!"
When your boyfriend asks you to make him squid so he can try it..and then you do, and he pokes at it and decides he doesn't like it without trying it.
Oh right.
Original post by MelissaJayne
When your boyfriend asks you to make him squid so he can try it..and then you do, and he pokes at it and decides he doesn't like it without trying it.
Oh right.

Agreed! You need to taste it before making an informed decision :tongue:
Reply 853
Oh right.

sounds to me you should be MYYYY spouse!!
Original post by TotoMimo
sounds to me you should be MYYYY spouse!!

I've been saying this for months.
Will you propose with a squid ring?
Either that or a hula hoop.
aaaaw its always nice to see a couple in love
My brother eats tuna sandwiches with ketchup, then simultaneously drinks milk with it
My sister used to eat pasta with no sauce, and sugar sprinkled on top ¬.¬

CRIMES
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
My brother eats tuna sandwiches with ketchup, then simultaneously drinks milk with it
My sister used to eat pasta with no sauce, and sugar sprinkled on top ¬.¬

CRIMES

As wrong as it is, I fancy trying the pasta with sugar.
Reply 858
Mixing sauces. If it's really necessary, then different sauces must be on opposite sides of the plate so that they don't touch.
Oh right.

I kinda understand that one. Squid does have a weird texture. It's just so springy!

I love squid but sometimes struggle to eat it when it pings and smacks me in the mouth.

Quick Reply

Latest