The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rumandraisin
First lot of summative medical exams over and done with. Time to hit the booze...right after my nap.

Post-exam naps are the best thing ever!
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Post-exam naps are the best thing ever!

:coma:

They are. I used to do that after my A Level exams. Now, people just tend to gravitate towards the nearest Spoons.
Reply 8182
Original post by sweetchilli
omg...sociology of medicine...ZZzzzzz...

zzzzzzz
Reply 8183
Original post by RollerBall
What do you guys do when you're sat in MDT meetings and the like? I've been in a few now at my MedSoc and I don't really do much apart from look intersted and wonder what the **** all these acronyms mean. I've sat in a general weekly child protection meeting (was really just organising check ups) and a general monthly meeting and a few others.

Obviously I speak when addressed to but that doesn't happen very often. Usually just to explain something breifly at the begining. I don't sit there like an autistic child and I do interact socially (laugh, etc) I just don't say very much at all which is odd for me, mostly because I think it would be out of place for me to say something usually.

What do you do?

It used to be Angry Bird. But I ran out of levels long long ago.
Reply 8184
Reply 8185

9Gag! :love:
Reply 8186
Original post by Vulpes
9Gag! :love:

Just discovered. To think, I was gonna revise...
Reply 8187
Original post by SMed
Just discovered. To think, I was gonna revise...

I've put on an access block on 9gag.com until I finish my SSC :smile:
Reply 8188
Original post by Vulpes
I've put on an access block on 9gag.com until I finish my SSC :smile:

Is that one of the 'cold turkey' programs or something? I seriously need to do this. Exams in 6 weeks... I'M ****ED!! :frown:
Reply 8189
Original post by SMed
Is that one of the 'cold turkey' programs or something? I seriously need to do this. Exams in 6 weeks... I'M ****ED!! :frown:

Nah I set an IP block through my router, then edited the hosts files on my computers to redirect to wikipedia/SSC related stuff. :tongue:

Easily undone but troublesome too so it works :yep:
Original post by SMed

I used LeechBlock during the essay week from hell. It backfired on me last week when I needed to get on here to mod something and discovered I'd allowed myself 1 minute of access per 24hrs on a Friday, with a lockout on the settings :facepalm:
Reply 8191
I seriously need to do something for the next 6 weeks at least. Then the 10 weeks after that. Then for life.
Original post by Vulpes
Nah I set an IP block through my router, then edited the hosts files on my computers to redirect to wikipedia/SSC related stuff. :tongue:

Easily undone but troublesome too so it works :yep:

Host files, classy. I had TSR, Facebook and Reddit blocked till... 6 minutes ago. :holmes:
Reply 8193
Original post by Fusilero
Host files, classy. I had TSR, Facebook and Reddit blocked till... 6 minutes ago. :holmes:

:colone:

Guessing you're done with exam prep?
I like doing things at the last minute - although my work rate seems to only be efficient under stress. Challenge accepted.
Original post by Vulpes
:colone:

Guessing you're done with exam prep?

For the night, blocking everything again now. :colondollar:
Reply 8196
Original post by Fusilero
For the night, blocking everything again now. :colondollar:

Crack on... those arrhythmias aren't going to learn themselves! :frown:

e: unfortunately
(edited 12 years ago)
I find those blockers a waste of time. Ill just remove them eventually and if its got a lock out /more complicated removal it'll just take me more time which is a form of procrastination in itself.
:rolleyes:
Original post by RollerBall
I find those blockers a waste of time. Ill just remove them eventually and if its got a lock out /more complicated removal it'll just take me more time which is a form of procrastination in itself.

As long as your paying attention in lectures though, you shouldn't need to have a blocker...hang on aren't you in a lecture right now?
Original post by speedystef
:rolleyes:

As long as your paying attention in lectures though, you shouldn't need to have a blocker...hang on aren't you in a lecture right now?

Haters gonna hate.

Latest

Trending

Trending