The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8440
trying to do my case report right now, bored outta my mind.
Is it bad I wouldn't honestly mind resitting first year again? I feel like I don't know/can't remember **** all so I've ****ed myself over for the following years.
Original post by RollerBall
Is it bad I wouldn't honestly mind resitting first year again? I feel like I don't know/can't remember **** all so I've ****ed myself over for the following years.

Mate, what I remember from first year wouldn't cover a single side of A4. Or A5 for that matter. Doesn't seem to have landed me in the lurch just yet!
Original post by Mushi_master
Mate, what I remember from first year wouldn't cover a single side of A4. Or A5 for that matter. Doesn't seem to have landed me in the lurch just yet!

I'm really hating this pre-clin stuff again.

It doesn't help its neurology and nobody seems to understand what the **** is going on and everything we're being taught seems to contradict everything.

It doesn't help its neurology and nobody seems to understand what the **** is going on and everything we're being taught seems to contradict everything.

I agree! I'm absolutely hating med school right now, its just so much work getting thrown at us and I barely understand what we did a couple of weeks ago let alone this new stuff :frown:
Original post by Isometrix
Oh really, that's good then :biggrin:. But from what I gather selection is purely on academic merit, so it's going to be tough. yep, you too!

Yes, I think it is purely on academic merit for most the BScs. I just went for it and applied for Psychology today, so we'll see how that works out :tongue:

Original post by billet-doux
I agree! I'm absolutely hating med school right now, its just so much work getting thrown at us and I barely understand what we did a couple of weeks ago let alone this new stuff :frown:

Exactly how I felt this time last year, was so good to be done with pre-clin stuff once and for all, so much more interesting this year and much more enjoyable.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Is that the cycle that's in diagrammatic form in Kumar and Clark? Cause that's how I learnt it and it really annoyed me when haematologists kept banging on about intrinsic/extrinsic :p:

Yea its exactly whats in K&C, but every physiology text book iv looked at has it wrong, and only some state that it is wrong but easier to learn.
Original post by Medicine Man
What is this new pathway you speak of? I learnt the 'old' one so well in first year, and can probably still draw it from memory (just about) - change will not bode well for me. :dry:

It what it in Kumar and Clark, its the cell-based model of coagulation, far better than the old version.

Easier to learn.
Reply 8449
Original post by Vulpes
Hate statistics. :frown:

Same. With a passion. And my BSc project is heavily statistical. :frown:

But from what I can imagine, stats should be easier to grasp when you're actually using them and doing something practical. I'll have a sweet old course leader and his minions to help me hopefully. :smile:
I'm a massive stats fanboy

:getmecoat:
Biochemistry :argh:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Biochemistry :argh:

:argh: :argh: :argh:
Reply 8453
The Newcastle Blackwells has loads of quotes from digitalis' thread dotted around the shelves under the relevant textbooks. "Students think..." :p:
I need to start working really badly!!
Original post by areyouthere?

Original post by areyouthere?
I need to start working really badly!!

Mate don't worry about it.
Original post by carcinoma
It what it in Kumar and Clark, its the cell-based model of coagulation, far better than the old version.

Easier to learn.

Oooo, could someone post a pic of this new cycle.

Can't find it anywhere
Original post by Jamie
Oooo, could someone post a pic of this new cycle.

Can't find it anywhere

Not entirely convinced this is allowed, but attached is the image in K&C that I believe carcinoma is referring to.
Original post by Kinkerz
Not entirely convinced this is allowed, but attached is the image in K&C that I believe carcinoma is referring to.

Wow, what a mess.
Original post by Jamie
Wow, what a mess.

It is a pretty unintuitive diagram.

Latest

Trending

Trending