The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how to get a first on these BSC (Pharmacology/Physiology) essays & practical write ups? I guess if it were common knowledge everyone would be getting firsts but I'm desperate here. Sure they're worth <5% of my BSC but it's really getting on my nerves!
Reply 9261
Original post by RollerBall
What the **** did they do?

Just wiped their eyes and carried on. :s-smilie:
Has anyone else heard anything about proposed changes to FPAS regarding moving academic and standard applications into the same time period?
Reply 9263
Original post by SMed
Just wiped their eyes and carried on. :s-smilie:

I think he meant to cause it :biggrin:

(unless my sarcasm filter is on!)
Rekorderlig. Yummy yayyy

That is all.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Rekorderlig. Yummy yayyy

That is all.

Good stuff isn't it? :biggrin:
Reply 9266
Original post by Helenia
Wait till you start doing art/central lines - blood everywhere is par for the course. Use an inco sheet to avoid the nurses' wrath.

Gotta love art lines :'D Last time I was with my tutor in ICU, radial wouldn't work and neither would ulnar so he went for femoral, eeeepic blood geyser there. I had fun that evening. :biggrin::biggrin:

On another note, this may be a stupid question, but...do you guys say ICU or ITU in the UK? Or do you use them interchangeably?

Original post by Mushi_master
In other news, CoD night was rather awesome.

CoD, ayeeee?

Original post by fairy spangles
How come i always **** up everything. Everything in my life is ****ed up. I was so nearly there and now i can put my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye to medicine. ****ing great. Did i mention **** **** ****!

END RANT!

Hey what's up? :frown:
Original post by Helenia
Wait till you start doing art/central lines - blood everywhere is par for the course. Use an inco sheet to avoid the nurses' wrath.

Edit: However, I was not impressed when one of them insisted I use an inco for cannulation :mad:

It's really bad that when I read this I thought of the Central Line on the London Underground...

Clearly I've been in London for too long :sigh:

Or intercalating has ruined me :headfire:
So I've been at uni for three, nearly four years now. All of my friends are students, mostly medics. When I go out, I chat to students. When I go to the gym, it's all students. When I go to one of my sports clubs, it's all students. I don't really have a family to return to as an escape from this. I think it's starting to get me really ****ing depressed. I miss actual real-life people.

I was at a club last night and I had girls chatting to me about their ****ing gap year, how exams went, how last semester was. I don't give a ****. I couldn't be more disinterested. I just stood there wanting to ****ing kill myself. However, I was also chatting to some bish who wasn't a student. It was probably the most enjoyable conversations I've had in a long while.

tl;dr - How do I break out of the student rut? I miss the real world. As much as I love medicine, my friends and being a student, I seriously need other time. I think I might take up some volunteering role again. (But if I come into contact with a medical applicant who insists on talking to me about medicine I will probably just go ahead and chop my balls off)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9269
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
So I've been at uni for three, nearly four years now. All of my friends are students, mostly medics. When I go out, I chat to students. When I go to the gym, it's all students. When I go to one of my sports clubs, it's all students. I don't really have a family to return to as an escape from this. I think it's starting to get me really ****ing depressed. I miss actual real-life people.

I was at a club last night and I had girls chatting to me about their ****ing gap year, how exams went, how last semester was. I don't give a ****. I couldn't be more disinterested. I just stood there wanting to ****ing kill myself. However, I was also chatting to some bish who wasn't a student. It was probably the most enjoyable conversations I've had in a long while.

tl;dr - How do I break out of the student rut? I miss the real world. As much as I love medicine, my friends and being a student, I seriously need other time. I think I might take up some volunteering role again. (But if I come into contact with a medical applicant who insists on talking to me about medicine I will probably just go ahead and chop my balls off)

This is why I've never dated a fellow medical student. Can you imagine the pillow talk? "Ohhh that was so good! ...oh my gosh I examined teh hugest prostate everrr todayyy" :colone:
I was at a club last night and I had girls chatting to me about their ****ing gap year, how exams went, how last semester was. I don't give a ****. I couldn't be more disinterested. I just stood there wanting to ****ing kill myself.

You sound like a treat :smile:

See this is why I love having a non-medic, non-student girlfriend.
Original post by Kinkerz
You sound like a treat :smile:

I find feigning interest to be incredibly draining after the fifth time in one evening and last night I didn't feel particularly motivated to indulge them with politeness for the sake of trying to hook up.
(edited 12 years ago)

tl;dr - How do I break out of the student rut?

My question is, was she fit?
Original post by digitalis
My question is, was she fit?

6/10. Do not want.
Reply 9275

Get a job :smile:
No student colleagues.. v few student customers.

None of my flatmates are medics though they are all students. TBH sounds like you just have boring friends if all you talk about is student or uni related :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9276

Are you musical, man? I was feeling similarly frustrated in first year, but answered an ad on denmark street and was in a band for a couple of years.

great way to meet people from all over the city and all different backgrounds.. plus it also gets you out to all different areas for gigs.

Lekky's job suggestion is a good one, tho in london I guess there's not much time for hanging about and chatting to customers - but good chance to meet colleagues. I went for the lazier option of finding a medic who found a job and got to know some of their colleagues instead :wink:
Original post by Tech
Are you musical, man? I was feeling similarly frustrated in first year, but answered an ad on denmark street and was in a band for a couple of years.

great way to meet people from all over the city and all different backgrounds.. plus it also gets you out to all different areas for gigs.

Lekky's job suggestion is a good one, tho in london I guess there's not much time for hanging about and chatting to customers - but good chance to meet colleagues. I went for the lazier option of finding a medic who found a job and got to know some of their colleagues instead :wink:

That's a good shout actually - I used to be in a band prior to uni. Was a lot of fun. Could get back into it.
6/10. Do not want.

That's not bad!
Original post by digitalis
That's not bad!

Latest

Trending

Trending