The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
My interview had no science and no questions on ps. Also i got nothing standard like why bsms or why medicine
Reply 1061
Original post by WillC123
My interview had no science and no questions on ps. Also i got nothing standard like why bsms or why medicine

Same here mate. I wasnt asked a single "expected" question about medicine. were you a graduate applicant by chance?
Reply 1062
Original post by DocR
Had an interview at BSMS on 4th Feb. Emailed admissions people and they said no one from that day will hear before March 14th because they have an admissions day where they decide. Nice to know won't be till then so don't keep checking all the time. I have an offer from Bristol and King's already and an interview at Peninsula next week. Good luck to everyone!

Woow!! great, i got an offer at bristol aswell...:wink:
Original post by WillC123
Original post by .eXe
Same here mate. I wasnt asked a single "expected" question about medicine. were you a graduate applicant by chance?

This surprises me! I got the why med and why here questions, along with many other expected questions.
Reply 1064
Original post by CraigKirk
This surprises me! I got the why med and why here questions, along with many other expected questions.

well 7 different teams so opportunity for 7 different sets of questions. also, they dont have set questions to ask so its highly variable between candidates and days.
Original post by .eXe
well 7 different teams so opportunity for 7 different sets of questions. also, they dont have set questions to ask so its highly variable between candidates and days.

Yeah, I'd expect some variability, but you'd think they'd generally use the same technique in their interviewing to make it fairer to all candidates. This would suggest similar questions.
Reply 1066
Original post by CraigKirk
Yeah, I'd expect some variability, but you'd think they'd generally use the same technique in their interviewing to make it fairer to all candidates. This would suggest similar questions.

perhaps, but I am a graduate applicant and everyone else in my group was also a graduate applicant (although I was the only intl) so I guess they have a specialized team interviewing graduates. I think it might be pretty evident from a graduate applicant why they want to do medicine (at least from mine it is pretty clear) so they decided to go straight to business instead of wasting time on the questions people often give 100% prepared answers to anyways.
Reply 1067
Original post by .eXe

Nope im in yr 13. When was your interview?
Who is definitely going to BSMS in Sept 2012? It's my first choice, I just want to go now!!!!
Reply 1069
Had my interview on 18th feb. anyone know when I might hear the result of that?
Done done done with interviews! This is my last hope, had it today..lets hope for the best!
CONGRATULATIONS WITH YOUR OFFERS! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::tongue:
Reply 1072
Offers will come after mar 14th approx

Source: admissions

Good luck all!
hey guys, Here I am in a dilema. I had an C in English Language, I realise that a lot of med school, even BSMS require a min of a B at eng GCSE. However in thei website and I had also emailed them, they have stated that "a B in English or equivalent", and luckily I had an A in Eng Lit. (1) Will is that A in eng lit an equivalent for that requirement? Also I did email them and they have said that eng lit is 'Fine to meet their requirement'. (2) I am also planning to do english IGCSE course this year and sit the exam in June 2013 where I will get my result in august time. So I will not have done the course when I apply this year. So is there a 'Space' on the form where i can tell them that i am also doing the IGCSE?, will that help in my application. My other GCSEs were 5A* 5A 1B. doing heaps of Work xp and Volunteering. Sorry for my Long issue. please help me out. thanks
Reply 1074
Hey how did everyone get on with interviews yesterday? I think mine was ok but its hard to tell!
Original post by Dolly_D
Hey how did everyone get on with interviews yesterday? I think mine was ok but its hard to tell!

same here..very hard to tell! I just think we have to wait for the decision...I dont wanna think it went well and get rejected then!
Reply 1076
Original post by MAMDS1993
same here..very hard to tell! I just think we have to wait for the decision...I dont wanna think it went well and get rejected then!

Its always hard to tell if some of the answers were what they were looking for. I suppose its never going to be perfect, there's a few things I could have added when I think about it now but I hope I've done enough! The waiting is the toughest part, I dont have replies from anywhere I've applied to yet. I just want to now either way now!
Original post by Dolly_D
Its always hard to tell if some of the answers were what they were looking for. I suppose its never going to be perfect, there's a few things I could have added when I think about it now but I hope I've done enough! The waiting is the toughest part, I dont have replies from anywhere I've applied to yet. I just want to now either way now!

Don't worry! I believe in fate and I say that whatever happens, it will happen for a reason..so dont worry! I have 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview and 1 post so this is basically my only hope! I'm not worried though, if its meant to be it will be!
Anyone else find that they asked soo many questions? I got at least 15.
When's the deadline to hear about an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending