The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmk
Got my unofficial offer today!!!! Msc Neuroscience, Language and Communication!!

Thats cool. Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 781
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
Thats cool. Congrats! :biggrin:

thanks!!
Reply 782
Original post by cmk
thanks!!

A dream that comes true :smile:
Original post by cmk
Got my unofficial offer today!!!! Msc Neuroscience, Language and Communication!!

How long do they give you to accept or decline an offer and is there a deposit to pay as part of the offer (like what Imperial/LSE requires)?

Thx
Reply 784
How long do they give you to accept or decline an offer and is there a deposit to pay as part of the offer (like what Imperial/LSE requires)?

Thx

it is an unofficial offer, so i dont really know :confused:
Reply 785

Thx

Well in fact they neither asked me for a deposit nor imposed a deadline:s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 786
Original post by icfan
Well in fact they neither asked me for a deposit nor imposed a deadline:s-smilie:

it depends on the course

Thx

My course (Egyptian arch.) has a 4 week deadline to accept or decline the offer, and no deposit. Hope this helps! xx
Reply 788
Original post by GabrielleT
My course (Egyptian arch.) has a 4 week deadline to accept or decline the offer, and no deposit. Hope this helps! xx

Like mine.
I sadly had to turn down both offer and scholarship :frown:
Original post by Spairos
Like mine.
I sadly had to turn down both offer and scholarship :frown:

Oh no!!! How come?
Thx for the info guys :smile:
Reply 791
Original post by melissa38
I'm graduating in English and American Studies. What about you? What part of Canada are you from? It must be exciting for you to come to Europe I imagine! I'm pretty much in the same situation as you: looking for a summer job, maybe getting a loan in case I don't get the scholarship I'm applying for, etc.

I study History and English Literature. I'm from Ontario. It is exciting, but I have lived over there twice before. I studied at a castle in East Sussex, and I studied at the University of Warwick in my third year, which was fantastic. London really is my home away from home, especially since my boyfriend is over there, and I will be living with him. Luckily, he is working, so that helps loads in terms of living and food costs.

I am actually studying for my very last English exam right now. I will be done undergrad in less than a week.
Hi,

I had an interview for the MArch course at the Bartlett 7 weeks ago, I was told at the end of the interview I should expect a decision in - 3 weeks.

Still nothing. I've e mailed admissions, I just get told my application is still under consideration.

Is this likely to mean I've been put on a maybe list? Has anybody else been waiting this long for the same course?

Cheers.
Reply 793
Original post by GabrielleT
Oh no!!! How come?

I have been offered places by 9 universities (Imperial, LSE, Warwick, UCL, Lancaster, Nottingham, Leeds, Essex, Sheffield) and have been waiting for answers from Oxbridge, thus I have to chose the one that it's course is ranked the highest among others and the one that offers me the highest scholarship. Right now this is Warwick. I am able to afford the costs of other unis as well, but I just don't think it will be wise to spend +13K GBP.
However I felt sad to turn down UCL's scholarship because I knew that they offer it only to 2 individuals and I was honoured.
Reply 794
Hello. I got an offer from UCL on February for the program IMESS (International Masters in Economy State and Society: Economics and Business). Although the deadline for the scholarships is 27th of April I wrote several times to UCL administration as well as the main department of mine, wondering if there are any changes in my scholarship status, however I got no answer:frown:. I am eager to know, if scholarships are given only after deadlines, or that can be also done before it?
And one more question. Does there any place in PORTICO where the one can check the scholarship status?
Reply 795
Original post by Hovgoro
Hello. I got an offer from UCL on February for the program IMESS (International Masters in Economy State and Society: Economics and Business). Although the deadline for the scholarships is 27th of April I wrote several times to UCL administration as well as the main department of mine, wondering if there are any changes in my scholarship status, however I got no answer:frown:. I am eager to know, if scholarships are given only after deadlines, or that can be also done before it?
And one more question. Does there any place in PORTICO where the one can check the scholarship status?

First of all, Congrats on your offer!

Are you applying for this scholarship?
http://www.imess.eu/scholarships.php

I think it's very unlikely that the scholarship would be decided before the deadline of the 27th April - so relax. They will want to select the best candidate(s) from the full range of applicants, so I'd imagine they are waiting for the deadline - it would certainly be unfair on any potential applicants otherwise. I don't think portico will show you the result of your scholarship application. If successful, you will most likely be notified separately (usually via email0.

RELAX! The reason they are not replying to your emails is probably simply because the selection process has not taken place yet so they really have no news to give you.

Also be warned - they may not actually make a decision about the scholarship until a few weeks after the deadline. These decisions are not easy to make!

Best of luck
Reply 796
Original post by Pherenike
First of all, Congrats on your offer!

Are you applying for this scholarship?
http://www.imess.eu/scholarships.php

I think it's very unlikely that the scholarship would be decided before the deadline of the 27th April - so relax. They will want to select the best candidate(s) from the full range of applicants, so I'd imagine they are waiting for the deadline - it would certainly be unfair on any potential applicants otherwise. I don't think portico will show you the result of your scholarship application. If successful, you will most likely be notified separately (usually via email0.

RELAX! The reason they are not replying to your emails is probably simply because the selection process has not taken place yet so they really have no news to give you.

Also be warned - they may not actually make a decision about the scholarship until a few weeks after the deadline. These decisions are not easy to make!

Best of luck

Thank you very much for a full answer. Yes I have applied for the scholarship you have mentioned, (particularly for the Category A Scholarship). OK, will follow your advice and wait a bit more.
Reply 797
Hi! Could you please be more specific about the interview. What were the questions about? How long it lasted? Did you get an offer? I am considering applying for this programme.

thnx beforehand!
Reply 798
Original post by Emin ATAK
Got an offer from Bartlett UCL for Msc Construction Economics&Management after an interview.

I received my offer today for the same course. :smile:

So have you applied for accommodation? The application link doesn't seem to be working right now.
Reply 799
Hi guys, I got an email informing me about an online interview. anyone who has done this? what about the questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending