The Student Room Group

exam failure :( first year law with 2:2 or 3rd ?

I've had my university exams. I think they went really really bad :frown: I just panicked and even the stuff I had revised just wouldn't come to me and my mind went blank. In contract we had to answer 3 questions but due to stress and panic I just answered 2 :s-smilie:

I know it is my fault entirely. I have worked so hard and then in the exam hall I screw things up e.g for misrepresentation I knew about 20 cases and in the exam i couldn't even remember one! I spent ages trying to remember a single case but it wouldn't come to me at all.

So due to my bad performance if I do get a 2.2 or 3rd this year is there still a chance I can become a solicitor ? I know for TC they look at 1st year results but is there a way of applying after 2nd year ? Right now I feel like a failure and want to quit :frown:
Reply 1
Yes ofcourse you still can become a solicitor. It's a learning process which requires constant self-improvement. Just learn from your 1st year experience and try to not repeat the same mistakes next year. For now relax and take some time off if you have finished, you deserve a bit of a break. Once done with that, you can start to reflect back on what went wrong and come up with ways to improve it.
Reply 2
Original post by suby123
I've had my university exams. I think they went really really bad :frown: I just panicked and even the stuff I had revised just wouldn't come to me and my mind went blank. In contract we had to answer 3 questions but due to stress and panic I just answered 2 :s-smilie:

I know it is my fault entirely. I have worked so hard and then in the exam hall I screw things up e.g for misrepresentation I knew about 20 cases and in the exam i couldn't even remember one! I spent ages trying to remember a single case but it wouldn't come to me at all.

So due to my bad performance if I do get a 2.2 or 3rd this year is there still a chance I can become a solicitor ? I know for TC they look at 1st year results but is there a way of applying after 2nd year ? Right now I feel like a failure and want to quit :frown:

You might struggle with VS's as the apps for them are in before your second year results but TC apps are usually after your second year results and a good performance there will help to mitigate the first year ones.

They may ask why they weren't as great, if that turns out to be the case, just give an honest answer and make it clear it's a one off aberration (assuming your A Levels and GCSEs are strong). You may want to make sure you can explain why it won't happen in the job too, after all they don't want you to freeze and panic at a key moment near a completion when they need you working efficiently and flat out.

And you don' know what you've got yet so chin up and relax :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending