The Student Room Group

Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by JamesJWillis
I hope I nail this interview. Wish me luck guys. Hope I don't get too nervous. Its tomorrow. Also I applied for weekend job and the christmas holidays are coming up so would I be allowed to work during the weekdays in the christmas holidays as well as the weekend? or is it up to the manager?

You can work, but only if they actually need you. They might have enough staff for the holidays already.
Reply 341
Hey, can anybody help me out on the Please state in your own words why you would like to join the Greggs Family? part.

Thanks
Original post by BT31
Hey, can anybody help me out on the Please state in your own words why you would like to join the Greggs Family? part.

Thanks

just talk about teamwork and that and hardworking , customer is first ect
Reply 343
Original post by BT31

Thanks

I had my (successful) interview a couple of months ago, I said I wanted to work in a busy environment where I'd get to do a variety of tasks and also mentioned something positive about the values.
Reply 344
I have an assessment day for a new store opening soon has anyone been to one of these? What 'activities' are there?

Question; How many people work in a greggs store? I can't imagine it being that many as they are quite small.
Reply 345
Original post by thatg
I have an assessment day for a new store opening soon has anyone been to one of these? What 'activities' are there?

Question; How many people work in a greggs store? I can't imagine it being that many as they are quite small.

The activities are mostly group exercises...I'm sure making a group poster could be one? The amount of people working in a Greggs store varies depending on shop sales and the hours that the shop trades. There will be Manager, Assistant Manager, some Senior Sales and then a number of team members. In the quietest shops you're looking at Manager, Assistant and 3 or 4 Team Members. In my shop I have Manager, Assistant Manager, 3 Senior Sales and 12 Team Members. In the busiest shops, you could be looking at anything up to 30 Team Members.
Original post by NathanM
....In my shop I have Manager, Assistant Manager, 3 Senior Sales and 12 Team Members. In the busiest shops, you could be looking at anything up to 30 Team Members.

12 team members :O . In my shop we have 1 Manger , 1 Ast Manger , 1 Senior sales , 6 team members (4 part time and 2 weekend), and we are the busiest in the town and take the most money. Most of the staff work there contract hours too (apart from senior sales whos doing 25-30). how can you have 12 team members let alone 30 :0. Must be different in the different regions lol
Reply 347
Original post by orange'94
12 team members :O . In my shop we have 1 Manger , 1 Ast Manger , 1 Senior sales , 6 team members (4 part time and 2 weekend), and we are the busiest in the town and take the most money. Most of the staff work there contract hours too (apart from senior sales whos doing 25-30). how can you have 12 team members let alone 30 :0. Must be different in the different regions lol

I have more staff as our shop trades 8am-8pm. I don't know of any shops with 30 TMs but there's certainly a couple of Glasgow shops that have 20+ team members but there are shops in the North East that take a lot more money than these, so in theory would have more TMs. Which region are you in?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NathanM
I have more staff as our shop trades 8am-8pm. I don't know of any shops with 30 TMs but there's certainly a couple of Glasgow shops that have 20+ team members but there are shops in the North East that take a lot more money than these, so in theory would have more TMs. Which region are you in?

Treforest Bakery, South west , we are a 'concept' shop, dont know what the difference is because all of the shops in out town are concept, but hey ho. We open 7am-5pm. Usually 180hours between everyone, and in my view the shop takes loads but then i haven't worked out of the region. And does your 'social club' actually do anything? we get charged 25p a week and have and nothing out of it!.
Reply 349
Original post by orange'94
Treforest Bakery, South west , we are a 'concept' shop, dont know what the difference is because all of the shops in out town are concept, but hey ho. We open 7am-5pm. Usually 180hours between everyone, and in my view the shop takes loads but then i haven't worked out of the region. And does your 'social club' actually do anything? we get charged 25p a week and have and nothing out of it!.

I've attached pics of new concept and non-new concept. New concept shops have dark wood floors rather than tiling, is more "help yourself" and generally (but not always) have a seating area. We get 280 hours, but a shop trading the same hours as you gets 240 for the same sales as ours. If you knew how much your shop takes then I could compare to our region (but obv don't post publicly as that will break company policy :wink:) Our social club pays out a small amount towards a staff night at Christmas and also organises a staff dance in March time and pays for that. If we want to take partners they charge £25 per head so they must spend a reasonable amount on it. I wonder if we get a cut of the unused Treforest money up here in Scotland? :tongue:
Original post by NathanM
I've attached pics of new concept and non-new concept. New concept shops have dark wood floors rather than tiling, is more "help yourself" and generally (but not always) have a seating area. We get 280 hours, but a shop trading the same hours as you gets 240 for the same sales as ours. If you knew how much your shop takes then I could compare to our region (but obv don't post publicly as that will break company policy :wink:) Our social club pays out a small amount towards a staff night at Christmas and also organises a staff dance in March time and pays for that. If we want to take partners they charge £25 per head so they must spend a reasonable amount on it. I wonder if we get a cut of the unused Treforest money up here in Scotland? :tongue:

Yeah we have a help yourself store, maybe that's why there is less hours, I do know how much we take and its about 25% above our target at the moment, however takings are rising :smile:. I fork out 25p a week and we had no Christmas do or any socials since i started over a year ago, (apart from bowling that we used our incentive vouchers for).
Reply 351
Hello can u please gimme some answers for this question

What are your future aims / goals / career aspirations?
thanks...
Original post by Rest
Hello can u please gimme some answers for this question

What are your future aims / goals / career aspirations?
thanks...

in what context, is this questions on the application or is this from b.i.?
Reply 353
Hey could someone please advise me on what to wear for the Greggs interview. This would be my first proper face to face work interview and would really appreciate some tips. Should I wear trouser and shirt or would jeans be suitable?
Thanks again!
Reply 354
Hey, just wondering if anyone has been transferred before, at the moment I work as a team member at a Greggs thats a 30 min bus ride and 15 min walk and want to be transfer to a Greggs much closer and as a senior team member, I'm just a bit afraid to suggest it to my manager in case he doesn't like it, has anyone got any adivce for me?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by Mie Peson
Hey could someone please advise me on what to wear for the Greggs interview. This would be my first proper face to face work interview and would really appreciate some tips. Should I wear trouser and shirt or would jeans be suitable?
Thanks again!

Well i wore a shirt and trousers, its smart casual and the interview is usually very informal so dont worry , if your the right person then you will get it :smile:
Original post by GuidingMP
Hey, just wondering if anyone has been transferred before, at the moment I work as a team member at a Greggs thats a 30 min bus ride and 15 min walk and want to be transfer to a Greggs much closer and as a senior team member, I'm just a bit afraid to suggest it to my manager in case he doesn't like it, has anyone got any adivce for me?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

If your to afraid to ask to ask your manger, either apply online for the job and it will be brought to the attention of your area manger, i knew someone who did this, or go to your area manger next time there in store, just ask them about applying for the senior sales role, and if your the most experienced person interested and your not a Muppet the job is practically yours.

If you do ask your manger just be like I would really want to work my way up higher so if there's any promotions coming up can you let me know and if there any good they will mention the new role and tell your area manger.

Hope you do well, :smile:
Reply 357
I got a greggs interview next week, but I'm unsure of something. They sent me an email saying 'It is also very important that you bring along full EMAIL contact details, including addresses, of two referees, one of which should be your current/last employer. ' I have never been employed before so what should I do? And both my references are from school teachers and therefore I've got the school addresses, and my interview takes place after the school breaks up for summer holidays. I've obviously left the school now. Please help someone
Original post by noorul87
I got a greggs interview next week, but I'm unsure of something. They sent me an email saying 'It is also very important that you bring along full EMAIL contact details, including addresses, of two referees, one of which should be your current/last employer. ' I have never been employed before so what should I do? And both my references are from school teachers and therefore I've got the school addresses, and my interview takes place after the school breaks up for summer holidays. I've obviously left the school now. Please help someone

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1961303&page=3&p=38535196#post38535196
Hi can anyone throw any light on a quandary I have please...... My step daughter has a dermal piercing, and has been told to get them removed, she's pregnant and I'm not sure it would be safe to have them removed, she's been told she can't go back into work until they are removed........is this really company policy????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending