The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I just wanted to wade into the conversation to let you know that when I contacted my trust I was told I wouldn't be starting until later in September (although I was free to visit the hospital before then), so I'm not convinced that the 3rd is a national start date. Perhaps this is at the discretion of your individual trust but the 3rd is most common?

I have also previously been told by the staff on the recruitment line that there might be some flexibility in start date (I contacted them a while ago because I thought the start date might conflict with a summer lab placement). Maybe try contacting either the recruitment line and/or your trust for further info?

Good luck with the rest of your PhD! :smile:

NB. My placement is in Audiology at Norwich and Norfolk.
Reply 3841
Tnanks so much hun:smile:
Original post by Katiesaurus
Hi, I just wanted to wade into the conversation to let you know that when I contacted my trust I was told I wouldn't be starting until later in September (although I was free to visit the hospital before then), so I'm not convinced that the 3rd is a national start date. Perhaps this is at the discretion of your individual trust but the 3rd is most common?

I have also previously been told by the staff on the recruitment line that there might be some flexibility in start date (I contacted them a while ago because I thought the start date might conflict with a summer lab placement). Maybe try contacting either the recruitment line and/or your trust for further info?

Original post by Katiesaurus

I'm sure you are right and that makes perfect sense...I'm freaking out as I've got 10 wks to finish my experiments & write my entire thesis....eeekkkk!
Reply 3843
Original post by Nat89

I'm not too far from the top of the list, but really not expecting much!

You know how far you are up the list?
Has anyone had any contact from their local NHS trusts?
Reply 3845
I haven't. I've even tried to contact them directly.. nothing there either... mine is Oxford..
Reply 3846
I spoke to the lab manager - they said that they can't do anything locally until they get our details. I guess we're waiting on that!
Just been speaking to a contact at the Trust employing me and they've said that actually I will definitely be based in another hospitals in the region rather than at the host hospital which is a bit of a surprise!
Reply 3848
Original post by neuneu
You know how far you are up the list?

Yeh, I just replied to the list I got about making the reserve list, asking how far up I was, and they told me my exact position.

I asked for feedback to help with next year, all they said was something like 'we can't give that out, but very well done for getting this far, and we would happily consider your application next year, if the scheme is running'

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by cfptwenty
Just been speaking to a contact at the Trust employing me and they've said that actually I will definitely be based in another hospitals in the region rather than at the host hospital which is a bit of a surprise!

Aww no, thtas awful, will you have to turn it down?
Reply 3850
Thanks for the reply Nat89.

Original post by cfptwenty

Is that one which was on the list of positions given out? Or are they assigning to new trusts?

I get the impression they've got a lot of reserves (i.e. I'm a fair way down the list) for only the 60 or so medical physics posts available.
Reply 3851
I've been accepted onto the programme for Respiratory & Sleep Science @ Nottingham University NHS Trust.

First time applying, so happy. Cant wait to start!! :biggrin:
Original post by neuneu

Is that one which was on the list of positions given out? Or are they assigning to new trusts?

I get the impression they've got a lot of reserves (i.e. I'm a fair way down the list) for only the 60 or so medical physics posts available.

When I emailed to ask where I was on the list, they told me that which number I was out of 62 reserves for Medical Phys :smile:
Original post by dandyandfine
Aww no, thtas awful, will you have to turn it down?

No I am happy to go anywhere but its just not in the same place as where I applied so was just to say to peeps to prepare to be sent somewhere other than the place you are being employed by.
Original post by neuneu

The same trust will employ me but I could be based in a different region which is a bit odd although still commutable!
I'm still waiting on my final degree classification, but I was just wondering: If I were to miss the required 2:1 would I loose my offer completely or does anyone know if there is any thing I could do? This is hypothetical for the moment, but it would put my mind at ease.
Reply 3856
Original post by zeropoint
I'm still waiting on my final degree classification, but I was just wondering: If I were to miss the required 2:1 would I loose my offer completely or does anyone know if there is any thing I could do? This is hypothetical for the moment, but it would put my mind at ease.

I suspect you would lose the post and it would go to the first person on the reserve list. I don't know for sure though. Did your offer e-mail state that it was conditional on your degree classification?
Original post by breakout
I suspect you would lose the post and it would go to the first person on the reserve list. I don't know for sure though. Did your offer e-mail state that it was conditional on your degree classification?

Yes I expect it would go to the reserve candidate, I'm just checking. Strictly speaking the email states my offer is conditional on "...evidence of the successful completion of all relevant qualifications."
Reply 3858
Just FYI, the NHS have just posted this on their Facebook page;

'we are sending candidate details to hosts now so I would imagine they will start contacting people July. But each host will work to their own timetable & have their own process'
Reply 3859
I still have the essay questions I think if you would like them? Why do you want them?
Just so you know the questions were quite different from last years, and set out in a very different way.

Original post by nisot
I need a (huge) favour! did anyone by any chance save a copy of the application form (blank of course) I'd really appreciate it if someone could send it to me. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending