The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I just started to work at Forever 21, part time and I get paid £7.50 an hour. I'm contracted to 12 hours but they're giving me waay to much even though I told them I can't yet.
I work at waterstones and get £6.80 an hour roughly
I work 16 hours a week (4x4 hour shifts in the evenings)
Perfect as when I get home the toddlers in bed!
It upsets me to see so many 16/17 year olds getting paid so much compared to me! I'm on minimum wage (£4.98 an hour) at Sports Direct! Although I do get £6.08 an hour at my local racecourse, but thats only usually once a month, and I can only do it if Ive got no shifts on that day at sports direct.
I work as a Swimming Teacher and get £10 an hour. This is the lower to middle end of the teacher wage spectrum - with an extra qualification I can get £13/hr. Other companies get £15 -£18. It's a good wage but tough work. A lot a planning needs to be done too. A lesson plan for a swimming lesson needs to be more in depth (pardon the pun) than most people think...
I used to work as a waitress making about £10.5/h, but since I'm moving to London now this September, I'll be doing nothing else than studying.. :O Not sure I'll be able to get a job that pays as good, with such good hours and still being able to focus on my studies.
Reply 185
I work at Waitrose and get £6.29 an hour.
Reply 186
I get around £7.50 at Morrisons. I do 20 hours a week.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I work in a clothes shop. I'm on €10.50 an hour, time and a half on sundays and double time on bank holidays. It's pretty amazing pay. My contract is 12, I tend to do somewhere between 16-24 during university term. During summer I'll likely be working more like 37.5 a week.
Reply 188
I work in a pub/restaurant for Hall and Woodhouse, 17 years old and on £5.50 an hour, I work 12.5 hours a week ( 3 evening shifts) and on a good week tips can be about £40. Equalling out at about £10 an hour :biggrin:

....but not all weeks are good tips weeks.
Tesco, Part time, £6.66 ish and 9 hours a week

Paper round, around £15 a week for about 3 hours so around £5 an hour
Reply 190
Waitressing, between 4-10 hours per week depending on shifts available- i've just gone up to £4 p/h plus tips :redface: Also, babysitting is excellent, especially if i need to have quiet to revise (I cant stay undistracted at home :frown: )
Greggs, 12hr weekends, £5.70 p/h :
Original post by tashareginax
Greggs, 12hr weekends, £5.70 p/h :

12hr :O , are you on a 12hr contract? or is it just overtime?. Thought Greggs only did 4hr or 16hr contracts ? :s
£6.82 (though for starters its £6.40) M&S, 14.75 hours a week

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
£4.10/h for a Retail Operative Position at Primark (I work on tills but this position includes people on shop floor and in changing rooms).
Contracted 8hrs/week (4hrs Sat, 4hrs Sun) and Bank Holidays (4hrs).
I get a bit of overtime though where I just start earlier in the day which isn't too bad!
Will get a pay rise after my probation period and then another when I turn 18 if I last that long.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Reply 195
Original post by crazyunicorn133
Beaverbrooks, £7.40ph, 17.5 hours per week contracted but I get overtime options.

hi i know this thread is quite old ive got a informal chat with beaverbrooks and wanted to know what questions they ask and tips would be most helpful :smile: pleasee x
Reply 196
I have two jobs.
In my casual job, I work as a bartender at sporting events, concerts ect.. I make €11 an hour.
In my permanent part time job, I work as a sales assistant in gamestop and I make €8.65 an hour.
Original post by joey11223
Work at Iceland (foods), run the frozen section generally. Pay is something like £6.78 an hour. I only work about 8-12hrs in term time (at uni), holidays as much as I can get, a couple of years ago that would have been a lot of hours, these days I'm lucky if I even get any extra hours apart from covering illness. If I can't get any more then 8-12hrs over this summer I'll have to look for a second job as well..

hey how did you apply for the job? there is a new store opening round my area and wanted to know how to apply, when i go on the website there are no vacancies or mention..
Cuisinier in a residential care home.

I get paid minimum wage, and hate to be reminded of the fact.
I get paid £3 an hour (cash in hand) as a part time waitress, and I'm sixteen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending