The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Message
Haha thanks a lot. Prayers said for your dissertation:redface: May I ask what you are studying?

Rome and the Vatican was amazing - it was truly a privilage to be there and see the wonderful sights - a very Holy experience. I heartily recommend :biggrin:

That is very kind of your uncle - I have never been to the East - I hear it is very beautiful over there. When are you off? Have you been before? :redface:

I did Rome in April with Uni. Our Chaplain studied there and he took us on the sights as well as to the Audience on Wednesday. We even had our Uni name read out :smile:

Great time but wasn't long enough IMO
Original post by Message
Haha thanks a lot. Prayers said for your dissertation:redface: May I ask what you are studying?

Rome and the Vatican was amazing - it was truly a privilage to be there and see the wonderful sights - a very Holy experience. I heartily recommend :biggrin:

That is very kind of your uncle - I have never been to the East - I hear it is very beautiful over there. When are you off? Have you been before? :redface:

I'm doing a Masters in Music. World and pop music, to be precise. My dissertation is on Glee :biggrin:

I definitely intend to go one day. I've actually been to Rome but on an orchestra trip. We were there only for a little while before heading up to the northern side of Italy and since it wouldn't have been of interest to most, we didn't get anywhere near the Vatican :sad: Hoping to go to Israel at some point too :moon:

I'm off on 28th August. Which is quite soon! :eek: I'm ethnically Sri Lankan, so have been there plenty of times and have lots of family over there (including generous uncle). I've never been to Singapore though, so quite excited! :excited:
Reply 4462
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
I did Rome in April with Uni. Our Chaplain studied there and he took us on the sights as well as to the Audience on Wednesday. We even had our Uni name read out :smile:

Great time but wasn't long enough IMO

Wow! Glad to hear you had a great time! By the way, I couldn't help but notice that your location is Sheffield - is this your uni? I hope to go to Sheffield next year!
Original post by Message
Wow! Glad to hear you had a great time! By the way, I couldn't help but notice that your location is Sheffield - is this your uni? I hope to go to Sheffield next year!

Sheffield's home to me and it's a great place to live if you do come here both Unis have Catholic Chaplaincies. I studied at Leeds Trinity.
Reply 4464
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm doing a Masters in Music. World and pop music, to be precise. My dissertation is on Glee :biggrin:

I definitely intend to go one day. I've actually been to Rome but on an orchestra trip. We were there only for a little while before heading up to the northern side of Italy and since it wouldn't have been of interest to most, we didn't get anywhere near the Vatican :sad: Hoping to go to Israel at some point too :moon:

I'm off on 28th August. Which is quite soon! :eek: I'm ethnically Sri Lankan, so have been there plenty of times and have lots of family over there (including generous uncle). I've never been to Singapore though, so quite excited! :excited:

Wow - that is quite an interesting topic! Hope it goes well for you!

As for Israel - what a Holy and amazing place that must be! I have never been, but again maybe in the future we will be able to see the Holy Land for ourselves :redface:

Having loads of family over there eh? What a lovely part of the world! As a linguist - I have to ask - do you speak any of the languages spoken there?
Original post by Message

As for Israel - what a Holy and amazing place that must be! I have never been, but again maybe in the future we will be able to see the Holy Land for ourselves :redface:

Having loads of family over there eh? What a lovely part of the world! As a linguist - I have to ask - do you speak any of the languages spoken there?

Regrettably my parents never taught my Sinhala when I was young and it's not the easiest language to pick up when you're a bit older :no:
Everyone, I finished my dissertation! Praise the Lord and huge thanks to St Jude :woo: :jebus: :awesome:
Reply 4467
Everyone, I finished my dissertation! Praise the Lord and huge thanks to St Jude :woo: :jebus: :awesome:

Whoop whoop!!! Well done :h:
Reply 4468

Thanks be to God! Thanks St Jude!
Original post by Aula
Whoop whoop!!! Well done :h:

Original post by Message

Thanks be to God! Thanks St Jude!

Thank you! I'm so grateful and so relieved :biggrin: :colondollar: :biggrin:
Would appreciate some prayers tonight. Had some rather disappointing news tonight.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Would appreciate some prayers tonight. Had some rather disappointing news tonight.

Sorry to hear that. Will be praying for you :hugs:
Hey all, I'm off on holiday tomorrow for 3 weeks. So if I'm silent, that's why :biggrin:
Whilst, there is always a reason to be angry at God. The words in this video should be reflective, of our love and kindness for him.
http://goo.gl/Q5SyE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19451439

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the late Cardinal Martini, remember him in your prayers.
Could I ask for some prayers for my Dad who's oldest brother died suddenly yesterday morning.

Reply 4476
Flights booked for a retreat in Rome in November with the sisters of divine revelation :awesome:
Reply 4477
Hi guys! don't know if anyone is awake at this unGodly hour but I wanted to ask for your prayers... back to college for me today (I couldn't sleep was thinking how I hadn't been on TSR) could you pray for me to be more ORGANISED:angry: please :smile:. More importantly my niece is starting school so I hope she gets off to a good start with everyone.

I've kind of been avoiding TSR mostly because I didn't really get the results I hoped I would (e.g. got downgraded on Graphics cw and ended up with a D on Gen Studies after I got an A* on a mock earlier in the year!)

Are you Gleek?:biggrin: I've never been able to make my mind up over whether I like it or not...

Hope your having a great time in Sri Lanka.

Sheffield's home to me and it's a great place to live if you do come here both Unis have Catholic Chaplaincies. I studied at Leeds Trinity.

I think I prefer Leeds to Sheffield. probably because Sheffield reminds me of TJ Hughes and John Lewis.:rolleyes::smile:

Original post by Message

Do you do French by any chance?

Original post by Aula
Flights booked for a retreat in Rome in November with the sisters of divine revelation :awesome:

Wooow!

I never made it to Walsingham, had too much to do and not enough money, I really wanted to go:bawling:

I'd love to have a Saul type conversion/reversion experience.:biggrin:
Reply 4478
Could I ask for some prayers for my Dad who's oldest brother died suddenly yesterday morning.

*prays*
Original post by rac1

I think I prefer Leeds to Sheffield. probably because Sheffield reminds me of TJ Hughes and John Lewis.:rolleyes::smile:

Wash your mouth out :tongue:

Thanks for the prayers for my uncle though.

Hope today went well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending