The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Testimonial - Hooj, 23, Warwickshire

Hello, i followed this guide after months of debating whether or not it was really worth it. In the end i caved in and thought, "...why not?".

DID NOT WORK!
Original post by py0alb
"Always leave them wanting more" is my motto.

I'm sure it is. :smile:
Reply 242
Your guide could be summed up in two words:

Personal hygiene.
Original post by Millie228

Rejection: Everybody needs to be comfortable with rejection. No man can ever have success with women or get the type of woman he wants and knows he deserves, unless he is comfortable approaching and initiating contact with women regularly, and can deal with rejection. Sometimes you may have done something wrong (and can learn from it), sometimes she may be taken, sometimes you're just not right for each other. Not everybody can be into everybody. It can't be taken personally, just as any woman can't be miffed for weeks if a guy never calls her back.

This is the most important thing that stops men being successful with women. Fear of rejection. Once you get over this you've crossed a huge milestone. The thing is not to get disheartened once it happens. At a club sometimes I'll get rejected once or twice but not let it get me down and end up leaving with a girl. Once you get into that mindset, no matter how bad you are with women you've won half the battle.
Original post by Millie228
Oh God. You won't have much fun with women looking like a dork. If you need your t-shirts to be humorous FOR you, you have a problem.

It's all about context. Dressing serious all the time makes you boring, not to mention potentially uncomfortable, which isn't going to do your rapport with the opposite sex any favours either.

Anyway, what about 'geek chic'? :wink: Bow-ties and beards are very in at the moment...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
This is the most important thing that stops men being successful with women. Fear of rejection. Once you get over this you've crossed a huge milestone. The thing is not to get disheartened once it happens. At a club sometimes I'll get rejected once or twice but not let it get me down and end up leaving with a girl. Once you get into that mindset, no matter how bad you are with women you've won half the battle.

Very true. I think it's easy to underestimate it. It's weird, because I could sit there before a night out, and think "if I see a girl I like, I'll just talk to her, easy", and really believe it, but then when I was actually in the situation, and it's a real girl, suddenly it can become the hardest thing in the world.

Oh and bitches love my Monty Python t-shirt. It says "People's Front of Judea". If you don't get it, I don't like you, easy filtering system.
Original post by Mankytoes
Very true. I think it's easy to underestimate it. It's weird, because I could sit there before a night out, and think "if I see a girl I like, I'll just talk to her, easy", and really believe it, but then when I was actually in the situation, and it's a real girl, suddenly it can become the hardest thing in the world.

It's just lack of experience with talking to and dealing with women as social equals. That's why it gets easier as you get older.
Reply 247
Original post by ChemistBoy
It's just lack of experience with talking to and dealing with women as social equals. That's why it gets easier as you get older.

But herein lies the problem. Some more awkward young men find it hard to speak to women effectively for whatever reason. This is just the nature of the fact that teenagers are awkward. But instead of just persevering and continuing to treat women as real people and getting used to talking to them normally and confidently, the current methodology being promoted is to withdraw from this process altogether and start treating women as objects in a game that they need to learn tricks to fool. Going out to "pick up" or "chat up" women is distinctly NOT treating them as social equals, its the very essence of female sexual objectification.

Instead of getting better as they get more experienced, they actually get worse.
Original post by Hooj
Testimonial - Hooj, 23, Warwickshire

Hello, i followed this guide after months of debating whether or not it was really worth it. In the end i caved in and thought, "...why not?".

DID NOT WORK!

You know racism plays a part when trying to pull right? sub-consciously many women reject based on skin colour (asian springs to mind)... maybe that is why it did not work out?
Reply 250
Original post by tehFrance
You know racism plays a part when trying to pull right? sub-consciously many women reject based on skin colour (asian springs to mind)... maybe that is why it did not work out?

Possibly but automatically it's not that bad as i am not Asian (terrorist kind).
Original post by py0alb
But herein lies the problem. Some more awkward young men find it hard to speak to women effectively for whatever reason. This is just the nature of the fact that teenagers are awkward. But instead of just persevering and continuing to treat women as real people and getting used to talking to them normally and confidently, the current methodology being promoted is to withdraw from this process altogether and start treating women as objects in a game that they need to learn tricks to fool. Going out to "pick up" or "chat up" women is distinctly NOT treating them as social equals, its the very essence of female sexual objectification.

Instead of getting better as they get more experienced, they actually get worse.

I personally think that is better, than social equals you speak off. Most girls would just friendzoned guys who do that. In the past it might have worked, but today it doesn't as you just get friendzoned.

PUA approach at least has you being forward with girls and chatting them up. Treating girls like friends is the worst thing you can do.

Although, I think the biggest problem is just looks. Improving your looks is best way to get girls. But, that means 1 hour of exercise a day and perfect nutrition.
Reply 252
Original post by Simplicity
I personally think that is better, than social equals you speak off. Most girls would just friendzoned guys who do that. In the past it might have worked, but today it doesn't as you just get friendzoned.

PUA approach at least has you being forward with girls and chatting them up. Treating girls like friends is the worst thing you can do.

Although, I think the biggest problem is just looks. Improving your looks is best way to get girls. But, that means 1 hour of exercise a day and perfect nutrition.

That is such *******s. Treating girls with respect as your social equals does not mean you get friendzoned. Being ugly and boring makes you get friendzoned. Try being some PUA nonce and they won't even want to be friends with you, they'll soon realise you're far too creepy and manipulative for them to want to be associated with you at all.
Original post by Simplicity

Brainwashing a success!
Reply 254
I wouldn't say that a long-sleeved shirt and smart trousers are the best for pulling women - guys who are basically wearing suits all the time are reminiscent of school-teachers and that is (unless she's got some weird fantasies going on) a definite turn off. Ew.
Reply 255
Original post by py0alb
That is such *******s. Treating girls with respect as your social equals does not mean you get friendzoned. Being ugly and boring makes you get friendzoned. Try being some PUA nonce and they won't even want to be friends with you, they'll soon realise you're far too creepy and manipulative for them to want to be associated with you at all.

TBH mate, don't think you know much about the PUA scene.

It's not about being "manipulative", it's simply about knowing what to do to build attraction. Lots of "PUA nonce" focuses on the fact of treating those situations as ordinary, every day ones and having fun with the interaction
Reply 256
Original post by dgeorge
TBH mate, don't think you know much about the PUA scene.

It's not about being "manipulative", it's simply about knowing what to do to build attraction. Lots of "PUA nonce" focuses on the fact of treating those situations as ordinary, every day ones and having fun with the interaction

"knowing what to do to build attraction" is inherently manipulative.

If you have to plan an encounter or use strategies or techniques to "build attraction"- which is the entire essence of PUA - then you're putting on an act, intending to manipulate your intended victim into believing you're something you're not.

Attraction is not something that should need to be built. Either they find you attractive, or they do not.
Reply 257
The idea expressed by simplicity that treating women with respect and dignity will inevitably lead to being "friendzoned" just shows how much pua has ****ed with some people's heads.

No wonder young guys can't get laid, they've convinced themselves that the only way to "build attraction" is to act like a total prick and treat women like objects for their gratification.
Original post by ChemistBoy

Yeah, the experience thing is big, that's why I support the idea of just getting out and talking to girls for practise, like cypher is doing in that other thread, what the PUA people call "newbie drills". I never did it systematically like that, but like a lot of things, the more you do it, the better you get. Quite a lot of young guys have never really chatted a girl up, so no wonder they are no good at it, in the same way you don't just pick up a guitar and start playing like Clapton.

I don't fully agree about the "social equals" thing though, a big part of it is not treating the women like she's better than you, that's where a lot of less confident guys go wrong, but there's a bit more to it than that, like one of my mates is fine talking to girls in a normal way, but he rarely gets with them because he doesn't flirt. I was similar, I've always been chatty so just talking isn't a problem, flirting can feel very awkward and embarrassing though. Thank God for alcohol!
Reply 259
Original post by Mankytoes

I don't fully agree about the "social equals" thing though, a big part of it is not treating the women like she's better than you

Treating a girl as a social equal does not mean you treat her like she's better than you. So much should be obvious.

Latest

Trending

Trending