The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ollie 94
Always nice to know! Speaking of mums, mine cried more than I did today haha :rolleyes: I live in France, so not as easy to visit.. x

So did my mum :') bless her she was so excited and started to scream and jump around, which somehow calmed me down from the excitement of the offer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josie.roberts
Insanely happy after recieving BioNatSci offer for St John's
Anyone with the same course, same college ?
Congratulations to everyone in this thread :smile:

Medicine at johns :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by und
I'm choosing between two 'insurance' offers from Imperial and Warwick, which are respectively A*A*AA and A*A*A. :colondollar: Still easier than my Cambridge offer though!

Whoa, those are really tough insurances. May I am what subject have you applied for? Sorry if you've posted than on here!
Original post by PythianLegume
Good to see another Clareite (is that the correct word?) on here, haven't seen as many as is justified by how subscribed they are. If we meet our offers, you'll know me because I'll be the only one doing Education with Physical Sciences :tongue:

Woohoo, Clareite here too! For Economics though :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by Jamie66
Snap! :biggrin:

oh yay another selwyn natsci! congrats!
what day did you have your interview?
Anyone else have offers from St Catz for HSPS, or actually lives in Cambridge like I do? Can't find anyone :frown:
Reply 166
Original post by jennytempest
Hello, and congrats to everyone! :biggrin:
Any other Caius medics here? Haha, no clue what wrong for them to give me an offer, but I won't complain :wink:

This was posted from The Student

Yay! I have finally found another Caius medic :biggrin: I wasnt expecting an offer either to be honest, I was so shocked when i read 'offer' on my letter :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by bíborcsiga
I think we can either send them a letter or an email. An email seems the more convenient choice (at least for me). :smile: (To what email address is another question... the regular admissions office one?) Also :hello: fellow Newnhamite!

Newnham here too! For English :smile: Still cannot believe it. Have you/ when are you going to email the admissions tutor?
I woke up an hour ago and had to check the letter to check that yesterday actually happened and that I wasn't dreaming... I'M GOING TO CAMBRIDGE AAAAAAAAAHHH
Original post by katiemcswiney
What is your secret? I'm really worried. I'm hoping for an A* in Biology and Chemistry - not sure whether to study Mathematics/History at A2, what do you recommend? I'm sure I could attain an A/A* in History but I'm worried that I won't be able to get that in Maths...HELP?

I'm planning on applying for Medicine. Very competitive, I know.

I've gotten into a very good sixth form (currently in year 11 still) - thinking ahead I suppose. Is there anything I can do now that would make my application stand out/enhance it at all? Apart from work experience - I've got that covered. Another qualification? A study outside of school?

I'm on my way to 8 A*s at GCSE. Should be fine - they're easy enough compared to A levels (I'm study Chemistry, Biology and Maths early as I have finished these GCSEs a long time ago).

Please? I'm on my knees begging for advice here. I want the best education I can, as you guys do and are going to get... congratulations to all of you!

Well I don't know much about it but if you're doing 3A2s I'd imagine Cambridge would like them all to be Science or Maths :s any med offer holders agree/disagree?

Focus on your GCSEs for now and then start extra reading etc in summer. Good luck :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 170
Original post by Epic Name Fail
Anyone here from Ireland? (North or Republic, though I'm from just outside Dublin)

Got an offer for Maths in Christ's .. Anyone similar? (I feel like I'm playing go fish! :L)

Ha ha well I'm Irish but my offer is from Sidney for Classics :smile:
So happy I got an easy offer! Feel bad for everybody with harsh offers
Reply 172
Original post by katiemcswiney
What is your secret? I'm really worried. I'm hoping for an A* in Biology and Chemistry - not sure whether to study Mathematics/History at A2, what do you recommend? I'm sure I could attain an A/A* in History but I'm worried that I won't be able to get that in Maths...HELP?

I'm planning on applying for Medicine. Very competitive, I know.

I've gotten into a very good sixth form (currently in year 11 still) - thinking ahead I suppose. Is there anything I can do now that would make my application stand out/enhance it at all? Apart from work experience - I've got that covered. Another qualification? A study outside of school?

I'm on my way to 8 A*s at GCSE. Should be fine - they're easy enough compared to A levels (I'm study Chemistry, Biology and Maths early as I have finished these GCSEs a long time ago).

Please? I'm on my knees begging for advice here. I want the best education I can, as you guys do and are going to get... congratulations to all of you!

I have an offer from Caius to study medicine so I might be able to help you :smile: I would recommend doing maths alongside biology and chemistry and, if you think you could manage, possibly doing history as a fourth A2. I don't know what your sixth form is like so I don't know if they would let you do that. My sixth form weren't happy at first but when I showed them my AS results they were happy for me to do 4 A2s. History as just an AS will still look very good though, as it shows that you are a well rounded person, and that you have good analytical skills :wink: Hope that helped :smile:

P.S. http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/nuffield-research-placements have a look on this site, I did a placement and really enjoyed it and I'm sure it strengthened my application, despite not being completely related to medicine :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Incorrect.
So happy I got an easy offer! Feel bad for everybody with harsh offers

How easy is you offer is it the standard A*AA? What subject is it for?
Original post by hannah60000
How easy is you offer is it the standard A*AA? What subject is it for?

Yeah but I already have an A*, I was expecting them to make me get another one! Economics :biggrin:
Congratulations on your offers, everybody :smile: For those of us with conditional offers, we just need to buckle down and get the grades now! :wink:
Reply 176
Yeah but I already have an A*, I was expecting them to make me get another one! Economics :biggrin:

Wow! Your lucky. I have already got an A* aswell but I still need to get A*AA in my exams this summer
Original post by bananarama2
I already sail, but I'd like to try rowing.

Same!!! What boat do you sail? I sail an RS Feva (I'm a bit small for my age, my younger sister has already moved up to sailing the 29er :'( ) Do you do competitions?

:awesome: that notches off some pressure! :wink:
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Same!!! What boat do you sail? I sail an RS Feva (I'm a bit small for my age, my younger sister has already moved up to sailing the 29er :'( ) Do you do competitions?

I actually sold my boat because I couldn't get down to the club often enough and to be honest I didn't sail competitively. I out grew my topper obv. and sailed my Dads comet. (Clearly I was sailing in the lap of luxury with an RS :lol:) I enjoyed it though.

Latest

Trending

Trending