The Student Room Group

Female Engineering Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah 😊 mechanical is like the broader term. I really enjoy the mechanical side of engineering

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hello everyone! I'm from Malaysia. I've applied for mechanical engineering. My choices are Newcastle, Liverpool, Queen's Belfast, Heriot-Watt and Swansea. So far, I got an offer from Queen's.

Sent from my GT-I8150
Original post by jetb
Me and Biddyish are doing Chem Eng too :five:

Where have u applied????

Hey! I'm applied to UCL, Bath, Surrey, Loughborough and Nottingham! *Fingers crossed*

Hope we get in!!
Original post by ZHall
I'm applying for civil engineering. :smile:
Has anyone heard back from Imperial yet? I had an interview day in December

I haven't and I'm waiting for the same thing - I had my interview at the end of November :confused: really want to hear back
Reply 24
Original post by Rachjin
I'm more of an mechanical/aerospace engineer for sure. Mine definitely is Bath. I love bath the professors there are so friendly. Bristol is good student life though!

I did work experience at On EEE.. Was super boring except for the software engineering part :/

Tbh I choose it at random, because I didn't want to pick a bad uni because I wouldn't consider going there. I wasn't expecting toget anything from Bristol because they're pretty hard on ppl too so it was just luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My top choice is Bath for mechanical too :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by MathsGeek95
I haven't and I'm waiting for the same thing - I had my interview at the end of November :confused: really want to hear back

Yeah, me too. I reckon we will hear shortly after the 15th January maybe, once they've received all possible applications and interviewed anymore that they think they need to see. Good luck!
Reply 26
Hey everyone :smile: I applied to do civil engineering at Liverpool, Loughborough, Surrey and Cardiff, and structural engineering at Heriot-Watt. Glad to see theres some female engineers!
Hey All,
I applied for aerospace engineering at Teeside, Liverpool, Glasgow, Leicester and Sheffield Hallam. I got all my offers back before christmas and im undecided where my first choice is yet.
I'm going to Heriot-Watt this September.
It's great that more women want to take up engineering.

I commend the OP for this thread. :smile:
2014 Chemical Engineering applicant here, hi! :biggrin:
Don't mean to intrude, but anyone else? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Helmet Diver
2014 Chemical Engineering applicant here, hi! :biggrin:
Don't mean to intrude, but anyone else? :smile:

Yeh me too! Chemical engineering! Where you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there! I'm an international applicant, I'm applying for Chem Eng in 2014 too :biggrin:
Reply 33
applied for Mech Engineering at
Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff, Nottingham and Swansea sooo excited :biggrin: has anyone recieved offers this year yet?
Reply 34
I'm applying for aerospace engineering at Cambridge (not gonna get in!), imperial, bath, Bristol and queen Mary.

So far I got an offer from Bath (A*AA - urgh) and waiting on the rest :smile: any other people applying to those unis, maybe for the same course? Would love to see someone I kinda know I'd we end up going together next year :smile:

Just in cad you were wondering, obvs Cambridge is my first choice, then imperial and Bristol :P

Btw this thread is awesome, we bee more female engineers yay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heidif
applied for Mech Engineering at
Newcastle, Sheffield, Cardiff, Nottingham and Swansea sooo excited :biggrin: has anyone recieved offers this year yet?

I've applied for Mech Eng at Sheffield and Nottingham too!! :smile:
Reply 36
There are many pages for your interests e.g. www.engineergirl.org or www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/women/index.html and also informatiks is an other good choice
Original post by Sabrina09
Yeh me too! Chemical engineering! Where you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birmingham, Bath, Nottingham, Manchester and Surrey :smile:
You?
Original post by spanishflea
Hey there! I'm an international applicant, I'm applying for Chem Eng in 2014 too :biggrin:

Where are you applying? :smile: I'm a ChemEng 2014 applicant too!
There's actually quite a few girls applying which is nice!
Original post by Helmet Diver
Where are you applying? :smile: I'm a ChemEng 2014 applicant too!
There's actually quite a few girls applying which is nice!

Hey! :smile: It's great to meet other girls applying for Chem Eng :biggrin:

Honestly I haven't decided yet! D: I'm thinking about Newcastle, Leeds, Nottingham, Sheffield, Queen's, Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh so I have to drop two but I can't make up my mind! Probably Edinburgh is a too optimistic choice for me! What about you, where are you applying? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest