The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 1 Physics 16th January 2013

Thoughts and opinions?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaydurrDude
Thoughts and opinions?

very hard i'd say i'll definitely be repeating it!
Reply 2
I struggled to get it finished. Calculations were a bit awkward and weird compared to past papers. Though June 2012 had weirdly worded questions also...

Really don't want to resit :frown:

it was that motorcycle question and also the water temperature one that threw me, i struggled to finish too and fear i might have messed up a few by silly mistakes but hopefully everybody else found it hard
Was rather hard, motorcycle q and specific heat capacity equations didn't make an awful lot if sense, can see everyone losing lots of mark though so may not be too bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I echo the above, motor cyclist and SHC were awkward in my opinion, and yes timing was definitely an issue!
Reply 6
I made the most idiotic mistake on the first question, multiplying the revolutions by 60 instead of dividing. I didn't really mind the questions, I'm re-doing the paper now, should I post solutions then we can discuss it?
I got 35 for the motor cyclist question, i am pretty sure it is right. not sure about the temperature question.
Reply 8
Original post by Pyro2000x
I got 35 for the motor cyclist question, i am pretty sure it is right. not sure about the temperature question.

35 is right. I got this for the temperature one, not claiming it is right because I'm honestly unsure now, but here it is:

Q1=160c(65)+mc(20),Q2=(160+m)c(45)Q_1 = 160c(65) + mc(20), Q_2 = (160+m)c(45)

Q1=Q2Q_1 = Q_2

10400+20m=7200+45m,m=128kg10400 + 20m = 7200 + 45m, m=128 kg

Not sure about it now when I think of it.
Original post by Ateo
I made the most idiotic mistake on the first question, multiplying the revolutions by 60 instead of dividing. I didn't really mind the questions, I'm re-doing the paper now, should I post solutions then we can discuss it?

yeh that'd be helpful with my depression
Reply 10
Original post by a level student1

Ok, I will start another thread for it. Do not worry, I myself will likely be repeating, Physics exams really put me off from Physics even though I find it interesting. The quote from 2:08 may ease the depression :smile:

Reply 11
Original post by a level student1

Thread
Was a rough paper, most of my answers correspond to what Ateo is presenting, so I'm hoping everything he's posted is right, haha.
Reply 13
Well I guess I'll be resitting for the A*.
Reply 14
Original post by CD315
Well I guess I'll be resitting for the A*.

Hi, remember that last C2 which had the change of base rule proof that I said you didn't need? Tomorrow is the big repeat :biggrin:. This Physics paper should be scaled quite a lot. Have you covered FP2-3 yet?
Reply 15
Original post by Ateo
Hi, remember that last C2 which had the change of base rule proof that I said you didn't need? Tomorrow is the big repeat :biggrin:. This Physics paper should be scaled quite a lot. Have you covered FP2-3 yet?

Oh, was that you who gave that advice?! Haha I still learnt it and I was lucky - got 100% in that. Good luck :smile:

I most definitely think it will be similar to 2010's scaling.

Yeah, about half of it. You? What's your other module?
Reply 16
Original post by CD315
Oh, was that you who gave that advice?! Haha I still learnt it and I was lucky - got 100% in that. Good luck :smile:

I most definitely think it will be similar to 2010's scaling.

Yeah, about half of it. You? What's your other module?

I'm doing the whole further maths this year so basically C2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and FP1 in January now and FP2, FP3, M3 and S2 in June. It will be a lot of work.
Reply 17
Original post by Ateo
I'm doing the whole further maths this year so basically C2, C3, C4, M1, M2 and FP1 in January now and FP2, FP3, M3 and S2 in June. It will be a lot of work.

Ah, you'll be grand. What other subjects do you do?

I've C3, C4, M2, M4, FP2 and FP3 this year.
Reply 18
Original post by CD315
Ah, you'll be grand. What other subjects do you do?

I've C3, C4, M2, M4, FP2 and FP3 this year.

Physics and Art believe it or not, but I'm a lot behind in it because its at the bottom of the priority list.
Reply 19
Original post by Ateo
Physics and Art believe it or not, but I'm a lot behind in it because its at the bottom of the priority list.

Ah, art :tongue: Are you a maths applicant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending