The Student Room Group

Not doing exam cos of the snow

Anyone else having to do an exam scheduled for today in the summer because of the snow??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When i went college, you had to come if you had an exam. Only reason you could not do the exam is if you physically can't get into the hall. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by yasminxx
Anyone else having to do an exam scheduled for today in the summer because of the snow??

Nope. My college is running all the exams and telling us to turn up, even if it means leaving home at 4am and walking through three feet of snow.

They did move an exam this afternoon form 1:30 to 1:00, though, so people can get home before the heavy snowfall that's been predicted for tonight hits.
Reply 3

That's just outrageous, all that time you've been preparing and that happens, so that means you will have extra workload in Summer? Unlucky I feel for you........... :sad:
No uni is closed!!!!!

I feel like bart simpson on that episode where he needs to study and pass the exam to get into the next grade and prays for a snow day. But this time, I've got a whole weekend!!!!!!
Reply 5
A2 Further Mathematicians doing S2 and FP2 have both of those exams today. At our college, we h ave been told that you only have to do one of them, and you receive a free resit for the other in the summer. Of course, we can go to both... But nothings cancelled due to the snow!
Reply 6
It's been snowing since yesterday afternoon where I am, it's pretty deep right now. As far as i'm aware though none of the exams were cancelled as my sister left this morning for hers.

Luckily, I have absolutely no reason to leave the house :woo:
Reply 7
At my sixth form the teachers come get you and drive you in if it snows!
My sixth form opened this morning for 3 of us to do a physics resit. They said they would do staggered starts (basically start the exam as soon as you get there) and as long as we got in by 9:30 we could do it. If we couldn't get in (1 person didn't make it) we get a free resit in may. Think it's open this afternoon too for about 5 people to do a C2 resit.

So glad I went in, I thought the paper was alright. The one in may could be awful!
Reply 9
Original post by drplease
That's just outrageous, all that time you've been preparing and that happens, so that means you will have extra workload in Summer? Unlucky I feel for you........... :sad:

I know I can't even describe my current feelings. And I'll have to pay myself to do it in the summer alongside all the other 234 a2 exams as well as resits and any others cancelled from the snow. As well as trying to meet the grades needed to get into my first choice uni!
Reply 10
Original post by h0llyyx
At my sixth form the teachers come get you and drive you in if it snows!

hahahha are you joking!?!?!
Reply 11
I know I can't even describe my current feelings. And I'll have to pay myself to do it in the summer alongside all the other 234 a2 exams as well as resits and any others cancelled from the snow. As well as trying to meet the grades needed to get into my first choice uni!

If the college has cancelled the exam (rather than you not turning up), they should be obliged to pay for you to sit it in the summer, since it's still technically your first sitting. Are you sure they're going to make you pay? Because that's really not very fair.
Reply 12
Original post by hrbrox
My sixth form opened this morning for 3 of us to do a physics resit. They said they would do staggered starts (basically start the exam as soon as you get there) and as long as we got in by 9:30 we could do it. If we couldn't get in (1 person didn't make it) we get a free resit in may. Think it's open this afternoon too for about 5 people to do a C2 resit.

So glad I went in, I thought the paper was alright. The one in may could be awful!

oh thats ok then! yeah i have a feeling they'll make the re-sit ones really hard in june
Yeah our A2s are on as normal and some of my friends doing resits are in today. We went to college and got told to go home as well as lower school apart from people doing exams :/ and I saw my bio teacher and he said the F215 module is as normal on monday, even if school is closed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by dendodge
If the college has cancelled the exam (rather than you not turning up), they should be obliged to pay for you to sit it in the summer, since it's still technically your first sitting. Are you sure they're going to make you pay? Because that's really not very fair.

thats what i thought! yeah thats what they said...
All exams in my college have been called off, prepared so well for the exam today and it's all gone to waste. If you do badly in the resit is it classed as a mitigating circumstance?
Reply 16
Original post by Danatlive
All exams in my college have been called off, prepared so well for the exam today and it's all gone to waste. If you do badly in the resit is it classed as a mitigating circumstance?

good question! but i reckon not... :s-smilie:
I heard on the radio that one sixth form round here completed closed, they cancelled all exams for today even! Hopefully they'll pay for resits. BUT if the students have had more than one exam to revise for, what is now unecessary revision for an exam today could be losing you marks on a different exam that you've already taken/ will take next week !!! which is really unfair/unlucky.
I don't have any until Summer but those who've got them in this week are still having to turn up.
Reply 19
'The school doesn't have the power to cancel exams' So we have to come in, but I only live 15 minutes away!

Quick Reply

Latest