The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've met a few as my dad is an actor but none of them seemed rude. At an audition i met the Weasley twins :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
I met the creators of the mixed chicks product line. Very rude, I don't think they like black people.
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Helena Bonham Carter?
You met Helena Bonham Carter?!!

:woo: :woo: :woo:

Tim Burton too, but I didn't speak to him or anything :h:
Original post by SoNottingH
Lol. Someone needs a lesson in "the basic manners required of famous people".

Has anyone ever met a famous model? They are supposedly notoriously conceited and obnoxious, although some to be nice enough as far as you can tell from TV, etc.

I met one of the winners of Britains next top model. I'll see if I can find a picture: http://dynimg.rte.ie/00026d8d10dr.jpg

Met her in Natwest. She was really nice, but I thought it odd she was smoking outside and she worked as a model.

Also met most of the cast of lord of the rings - really nice.

Star trek actors - really nice (I go to conventions).
One big brother contestant and I think that's it for me.
Original post by Sphinx_5494
I met one of the winners of Britains next top model. I'll see if I can find a picture: http://dynimg.rte.ie/00026d8d10dr.jpg

Met her in Natwest. She was really nice, but I thought it odd she was smoking outside and she worked as a model.

Also met most of the cast of lord of the rings - really nice.

Star trek actors - really nice (I go to conventions).
One big brother contestant and I think that's it for me.

most famous model smoke, it a stress relief and a hunger suppressant (makes you less like to snack)
I don't think famous people should be rude or horrid to the public. They chose to become famous and be in the public eye, therefore they have a duty to be nice to people (Unless of course there is a reason, like someone has just thrown something at them etc).

Even if they are having a bad day, there is no harm in signing and autograph or having a short chat with someone before saying 'sorry I have to go'.

I've not met any famous people though. I saw George Sampson at Butlins once and he was signing autographs, just taking the papers in front of him and signing them with his head down- not chatting, not smiling or anything.
Reply 46
Original post by Runninground
I don't think famous people should be rude or horrid to the public. They chose to become famous and be in the public eye, therefore they have a duty to be nice to people (Unless of course there is a reason, like someone has just thrown something at them etc).

I think a lot do try to behave well, but presumably the really famous get a load of attention and hassle as soon as they set foot outside the door, so I can understand them getting exasperated sometimes. Assaulting photographers and stuff like that comes to mind. When papps get attacked.
I don't have much to say, I don't know who half these people actually are, so if I've met them (unlikely) I wouldn't notice
Reply 48
Ethan Hawke called over a waiter in a busy restaurant to make a sarcastic complaint. If that counts.
this doesn't really count as i hadn't met them but i've always thought this was amazing!!! my history teacher's daughters godparents were Helena bonham carter and johnny depp!
Reply 50
Paul Daniels.
Wish he would just do a magic trick and vanish for good.
Reply 51
Haven't even met anyone famous :frown:
Terry wogan and Brian Blessed were lovely. 'Posh spice" is seriously stuck up her own arse.
Ive never met any rude/horrible famous people myself but my dad has. He is a lorry driver and saw cliff richard in a motorway services somewhere one night. Cliff richard was so up his own arse, and wouldnt talk to anyone. According to the person on the till who served my dad, cliff richard has been in that services a few times and he is always like that apparently.
Antony Cotton AKA Sean on Corrie is a horrible bloke.
Reply 55
Gary Glitter lived next to my friend for a while
My dad met Ewan McGregor when he was doing his motorbike thing - they had a bacon sandwich together, apparentley he was lovely.

And my dad didn't even get an autograph for me!:cry:
Reply 57
Jimmy Saville. After he showed me how to milk a cow blindfolded he still wouldn't give me his autograph :frown:
Reply 58
When my dad was living in Italy he saw Passarella (Captain of Argentina at the time during the World Cup) training at one of the training grounds. He went down and had a kick about with him, so he must've been a safe guy. My dad also met Bruce Lee... neither was horrible though.

My mum got a lift home once off Martin O'Neill. She also (along with my dad) used to live on the same street as Annie Lennox.

Yeah I know it's not really relevant to the thread.
Reply 59
Met James Nesbitt in Emirates First Class Lounge at London Heathrow, he was on the phone at first and I didn't want to disturb him but after he had a photo with my Mum and was up for a chat. Turns out he was on a slightly earlier flight but he seemed really nice and friendly.

Also found myself on the same flight as Jennifer Aniston, she was sat in the seat directly in front of me and was really nice to all the staff and passengers onboard around her despite us all having a bit of jet lag.

Spoke to Mark Austin on board a flight once also, he was flying out to broadcast and he had a chat with my family and I, he was over the aisle but was more than happy to talk. - Seems to be a correlation with celebrities on flights!

Saw into Joey Barton at a restaurant once and you could just tell he wanted everyone to notice him and crowd round him when in actual fact, not many people even realised they were in the presence of a celebrity. I didn't even know who he was until I overheard someone talking.

Sat opposite (other side of the aisle facing the other direction) Rowan Atkinson on a train to London. He was very quiet and reserved, you could tell he didn't want anyone to notice him as he just wanted a peaceful journey which was understandable. If you see him in real life, he just oozes intelligence!

Latest