The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
ESPN says we'll bid 8m for Wanyama before the window closes.

Won't be accepted for the price let alone the importance of the player but (if true, obviously) i'll be glad there is real interest, really want him here.
Reply 901
Don't think we'll sign any player who's going to be cup tied for the Champions League. January window's kind of pointless for us anyway - SAF has said it many times he doesn't like to buy players in January. We normally get a few deals in order for the summer, but there's never any big signings.
Reply 902
Original post by VQG
First sports team to be valued over $3bn according to Forbes. Current value is $3.3 - $1.2bn more than the team ranked second.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9833294/Manchester-United-the-first-team-worth-3-billion-according-to-Forbes-Magazine.html

Not sure how our valuation so much higher than the other clubs such as Barcelona and Real Madrid?
Original post by Tommyjw
That.. doesn't really make sense.

If you want to have my ticket for the £37 I have to shell out for this ****, by all means send me a PM.
Hope QPR can pull off a shock result tonight. Need to defend well and get the ball to Taraabt's feet.
Park just been brought on to sit on Silva. If he can do it to Pirlo :wink:
Reply 906
Really thought City would score late on. Great chance to go back to 7 points ahead tomorrow.
Thank you QPR, fabio, park

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 908
QPR are doing well since harry has come in and done us a great favour. What a keeper is cesar, why did he chose QPR is beyond me.
Reply 909
Original post by rohitbd
QPR are doing well since harry has come in and done us a great favour. What a keeper is cesar, why did he chose QPR is beyond me.

I feel sorry for him. It's amazing that he was at Inter which is a pretty good club and now he's a goalkeeper for a side that's bottom of the table and will almost certainly get relegated. You wouldn't have expected that to happen to him. And he's not just any keeper. He's currently a Brazilian international and you wouldn't expect him to be at a club like QPR.
Original post by qasidb
I feel sorry for him. It's amazing that he was at Inter which is a pretty good club and now he's a goalkeeper for a side that's bottom of the table and will almost certainly get relegated. You wouldn't have expected that to happen to him. And he's not just any keeper. He's currently a Brazilian international and you wouldn't expect him to be at a club like QPR.

I have a feeling it could work out as a genius move..

1 year in a crap team, to get in the PL, then in the summer gets snapped up by liverpool/united/chelsea etc.. or another big club..
QPR have apologised to United for failing to hold on against City on the final day of the 2011/12 season, by holding City to a goalless draw. Their way of saying sorry, justice served for you guys.
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
QPR have apologised to United for failing to hold on against City on the final day of the 2011/12 season, by holding City to a goalless draw. Their way of saying sorry, justice served for you guys.

Too late..... ******. Lol joking, but seriously they should have held on:colonhash:
Reply 913
YES GET IN!! ...and they were laughing at us when we dropped points against Spurs :rolleyes:
Talking of players joining QPR, I wish Park had gone to a better club. Tremendous player for us and it's a shame to see him struggling but the mentality of playing for us to QPR has, frankly, been something he can't adjust to hence why Harry hasn't included him although he has been injured for abit. Good to see Fabio get some game-time.
But think of it as experience for Julio Cesar, I mean he has experiences being in a team that are title winners, and he helped them on to win the title. But now, unlike many keepers, if QPR do not get relegated, he could say I helped in saving a club becoming relegated! He had both things on his his CV and will be a different kind of experience for him!
Reply 916
So tonight at basically the same time: Our match, one or two other PL matches i want to watch, Copa del Ray and a Crystal Palace match. Thank god i have two screens and a laptop.
Original post by Tommyjw
So tonight at basically the same time: Our match, one or two other PL matches i want to watch, Copa del Ray and a Crystal Palace match. Thank god i have two screens and a laptop.

I also have a feeling that at 7.45 today, I'll be making a super tough decision.
Yeah I imagine we'll stream the copa del rey match through the TV and I'll balance united on my lap. Happy days.
Reply 919
FA cup tie with reading is on the 18th. Better than on the 16th like it could have been, 5 days rest after RM game now, and 5 before the QPR game after

Latest