The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I Kant Spall
Am I correct in saying that tomorrow is one of those rare occasions where Man United fans will be hoping Liverpool wins?

That's a good one. You know what, I'd rather Liverpool win, purely for the sake of the title. But make no mistake, I'm against City but I don't loathe them like I loathe Liverpool. I was delighted when Liverpool went out to Oldham last week and as nervous for those last minutes as much as I'd be if it was Man Utd holding onto a lead. But if Man City win tomorrow it won't hurt as much because Liverpool will have lost.

When City won the title it was annoying, but Liverpool winning the title would be nothing less than apocalyptic. 2009 when they were runners up to us, the way I saw it we weren't trying to win the title, we were trying to stop Liverpool winning it.
Original post by rohitbd
What is with fans and the press hating on Nani and DDG. Nani was really good today and unlucky not to get an assist, the only time I got frustrated with him was when he was offside but apart from that he was excellent, much better than Valencia because he drifts into spaces much more than Valencia who seems to be glued onto the right hand side of the field. Plus the press keep going on about how he is going in the summer and how he hasn't started, well that might be because of him being injured plus he's played in most games since he has come back.

And it looks like the press never want to praise DDG, the stream I was watching on the commentator just said we know DDG is good at shot stopping when he made that unbelievable save from Ruiz, if Hart made that save they would talk about it for weeks. Look at what BBC wrote and didn't even mention after that they made a mistake and it was an amazing save.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCH4woOCYAAatCd.jpg:large Rant over:colondollar:

Complete agree with you on regards to DDG. The media seems to love having a go at him. Watching the Chelsea v Newcastle game for Newcastle's second goal, Cech parried a shot right onto the path of sissoko. Commentators mentioned he should have done better once if it was De Gea, there would have gone on about it all game long.
Original post by IanLim93
Complete agree with you on regards to DDG. The media seems to love having a go at him. Watching the Chelsea v Newcastle game for Newcastle's second goal, Cech parried a shot right onto the path of sissoko. Commentators mentioned he should have done better once if it was De Gea, there would have gone on about it all game long.

Loved it when the replay showed he got a touch to that shot today that hit the post and it could have been going in thus a ridiculous save. Can't wait to find a gif of it, hopefully from a nice angle.
United has won the title. They won't make the same mistake again.
As long as SAF keeps DDG as our number one, I couldn't care less what the media has to say about him.
What we as a club have done down the years is always responded to a challenge. First it was Jack Walkers Blackburn Rovers, then Arsenal, then Chelsea, and now Manchester City. But we always come back, despite the disappointment. I nearly cried when we lost 6-1 to City last season, but today I saw the drive, determination and emotion, the hunger to recapture the Premier League.

To be honest, I think the league is ours this season. I won't get complacent but I genuinely believe we'll win it. And I criticised De Gea after his WHL performance, but he was superb today. And Wazza, that was a delightful finish.

I simply CANNOT WAIT for the Real Madrid games!
Reply 1046
who saw cech push that ball away for newcastle's second goal.. if that was dea gea he would get destroyed by the media
Original post by cost
who saw cech push that ball away for newcastle's second goal.. if that was dea gea he would get destroyed by the media

Agreed, really not liking the media 's attempt to get united to sell him. Even after SAF has publicly stood by him

Posted from TSR Mobilek
Only player I was paying attention to in that match was moussa sissoko. What a signing.... Gotta hand it to that wee club in the north east, they sure have some excellent scouts.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Since start of last season Rooney involved in 68 goals in 66 games for MUFC (47 gls, 21 assists).
Reply 1050
We weren't great, seems like our finishing has deserted us a bit. It happens every season, just as long as we grind out the results during this little period. Helps that Rooney's in great form and our defence seems to have sorted itself out.
Reply 1051
Lets hope the lead stays tomorrow, if we do want to win both the Fa Cup and CL then we may have to play a weakened side in the prem at times due to the competition. Just look at Bayern and Barca with 10+ points lead in their leagues, if we beat Real then we could have 2 QF CL games, the City derby and a Fa Cup semi, plus Stoke away in a very short period of time, whereas if the league is wrapped up then our players can be rested for the league games without much consequence especially as Bayern or Barca will probably have their best players rested due to their ability to rest players in their leagues.
For once, MOTD analysis made a note-worthy point about RVP/Rooney, i.e their defensive and team work. Rooney's always done it, he was born to have this energy and enthusiasm to be involved anywhere on the pitch. But I never noticed it too much of RVP when he was at Arsenal but he made an important clearance today and previously in matches for us, he's more than happy to help whereas I expected him to be further away from our box.

I can't think of our top four rivals' strikers doing the same tbh.
Reply 1053
Haha, Rafael was wearing Fabio's boots. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272447/Man-United-defender-Rafael-wears-brother-Fabios-boots-Fulham.html#axzz2JmpRNMd5

Was it Rafael? Or Was it Fabio? :holmes:

:iiam:

---
In other news, Real Madrid lost 1-0 to Granada in La Liga with Ronaldo scoring an own goal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Loved it when the replay showed he got a touch to that shot today that hit the post and it could have been going in thus a ridiculous save. Can't wait to find a gif of it, hopefully from a nice angle.

Still havent seen a close up of that shot. Let me know if you find something.
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by IanLim93
Still havent seen a close up of that shot. Let me know if you find something.

Original post by mdajoka

Ridiculous save.
football is my life....:smile:
Reply 1058
Ando SAF banter lol.
Original post by Stopmessing
Only player I was paying attention to in that match was moussa sissoko. What a signing.... Gotta hand it to that wee club in the north east, they sure have some excellent scouts.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

They're all good at football manager you mean?

Latest