The Student Room Group

BCU Adult Nursing 2013?

Hello Everyone!
Well yesterday I got an email providing me to come to an Interview at Birmingham City University for 2013. Just wondering has anyone else got interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't received an interview yet, i'm beginning to worry!
Are you applying for the october intake or April?
Reply 2
I got an unconditional offer for april intake last august but haven't heard back from them or got any info? Have any of you??? :confused:
Reply 3
Hey! I applied to both the april and october start, ive got an interview on the 15th feb, can anyone tell me what to expect or an idea of the questions they will ask as im feelimg very nervous! X
Reply 4
I got an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing April intake on the 3rd of Jan and i am still waiting. i wish they can at least give us a timetable.
Reply 5
Original post by mrs2
I got an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing April intake on the 3rd of Jan and i am still waiting. i wish they can at least give us a timetable.

Heyy! Can you remember what questions you were asked? And the scenarios?
Reply 6
The main thing is to know why u want to be a nurse. All the questions will be coming from your answers. Be yourself, research on your chosen course Adult or Child
Reply 7
I had an interview for mental health nursing.. they ask you questions about yourself, what qualities you have to be a nurse and why you want to go to bcu stuff like that.. you should be fine aslong as you know why you want to do nursing :smile:

i'm still waiting to hear back from my interview, hope i get in as its my first choice!x
Reply 8
I received my offer for Adult Nursing at BCU today and have confirmed it as my 1st choice for October 2013!

The interview is very informal and they make you feel very at home. Just be sure to pass the maths and English tests on the day otherwise you can't progress to interview stage. I know people who have had offers after interviews lasting 15 minutes, mine lasted 50 minutes so its very much led by you.

Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Swatlz
I received my offer for Adult Nursing at BCU today and have confirmed it as my 1st choice for October 2013!

When did you have your interview?

I had mine for mental health on the 16/1/13 and they said id hear back within 10 days but its been over a month which i'm taking as a bad sign :frown:

I've rang but they've just said they'll look into it and i haven't heard nothing back, kinda annoying really as its my first choice so i've not accepted any of my other offers just incase
Original post by Swatlz

The interview is very informal and they make you feel very at home. Just be sure to pass the maths and English tests on the day otherwise you can't progress to interview stage. I know people who have had offers after interviews lasting 15 minutes, mine lasted 50 minutes so its very much led by you.

Good luck!

hi i have an interview on 15th march and i am very nervous that i will not pass the exams.
Reply 11
Original post by princess2013
hi i have an interview on 15th march and i am very nervous that i will not pass the exams.

They are very easy you just need to read and re-read the questions, especially with the English exam. If you get good results on the practice papers online BCU provide a link to then I would say you'll be fine as I found the tests on the day to be easier!

Good luck!
Hi I am just wondering did you get an email off BCU to state that they have recieved your application for adult nursing or did they just send a email to say you had an interview? Thank you
Good luck to everyone that has had an interview :smile:
Hi Everyone,

I start Adult Nursing at BCU in April, I have recieved my timetable via email on Wednesday evening. The induction week statrs 8th April. An information pack is to be sent through the post soon. Is there anyone else that is due to start? would be nice to get to know some names....

Hope this helps anyone.:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by jennifer625
Hi Everyone,

I start Adult Nursing at BCU in April, I have recieved my timetable via email on Wednesday evening. The induction week statrs 8th April. An information pack is to be sent through the post soon. Is there anyone else that is due to start? would be nice to get to know some names....

Hi I aslo recieved mine same day. I am getting excited xx
Thats good,

I am getting excited too, although it's quite scary. Been along time since I was in full time education.
Reply 16
Same here. I did my access to health last year after a very long break. I live in Brownhills Walsall I am now doing my route planner to find out the quickest and less expensive route. What about u x
Reply 17
Hey i start on April 8th at BCU to do child nursing, are any of you living in halls? I had an induction day on Friday and met people on my coarse but only 5 of thew 20 people who attended are in halls so wanted to find some more people in halls. if you are i'm in calthorpe room 303. good luck for the start of your coarse it crazy to think we start in 6 weeks time. xx
Reply 18
Original post by jennifer625
Hi Everyone,

Im due to start mental health nursing this day but have heard absoloutely nothing have you done your CRB yet im so worried ...
I have received my CRB on Saturday also had to obtain my immunisation records as they are requesting the dates to be sent via copy from my G.P. I can't believe I have to send £44.00 for the CRB though. I live in Dudley, I have had a couple of drives to the uni, I have 3 friends whom started in October last year and say the parking is atrocious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending