The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

PJM showers + Clarendon reviews

Hello,

Could anyone living in PJM give me an idea of how good (or not!) the showers are please. I have long, very thick hair and would struggle to wash it if the water pressure is awful :redface:. I'm thinking of making PJM my first choice so any help with this would be great!

Also, anyone living in Clarendon hall and like it? The only reviews I've heard have not been very good but if anyone has a different opinion I'd love to here it (especially about the ensuite showers :smile:)

Thanks
Reply 1
Well, I don't know if the showers differ between houses in PJM as I've only recently moved into PJM, but in my house the shower isn't great. The water pressure isn't low, but it's by no means a power shower, it also has a single fixed head which can make it quite awkward to wash properly in the tiny shower.

I mean, it's live-able, but the showers aren't great.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by Steevee
Well, I don't know if the showers differ between houses in PJM as I've only recently moved into PJM, but in my house the shower isn't great. The water pressure isn't low, but it's by no means a power shower, it also has a single fixed head which can make it quite awkward to wash properly in the tiny shower.

I mean, it's live-able, but the showers aren't great.

Thanks for your reply Steevee - that sounds a bit of a nightmare for me to be honest :frown:, it takes me long enough with a moveable power shower lol!

Read that the showers are better on the seafront but as most of my classes will be in LLanbadarn I was hoping for something close the main campus so I could walk there. I'm postgrad so maybe private or Rosser G will be a better option.

Thanks again :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by purplefairy82
Thanks for your reply Steevee - that sounds a bit of a nightmare for me to be honest :frown:, it takes me long enough with a moveable power shower lol!

Read that the showers are better on the seafront but as most of my classes will be in LLanbadarn I was hoping for something close the main campus so I could walk there. I'm postgrad so maybe private or Rosser G will be a better option.

Thanks again :smile:

Can't say I know about Rosser, but there's some good private stuff up on Waunfawr.
Reply 4
Original post by Steevee
Can't say I know about Rosser, but there's some good private stuff up on Waunfawr.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye out around that area.
I think they're all the same to be honest. Rosser G is a really nice new building, so your chances of a good shower there will be higher!
Reply 6
Original post by purple_fox27
I think they're all the same to be honest. Rosser G is a really nice new building, so your chances of a good shower there will be higher!

Thanks for your help purple_fox :smile:

The shower on the promo vid for Rosser G certainly looks much better. Probably the best I'm going to get in halls. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with the extra cost and make Rosser G my 1st choice whilst keeping an eye on private in case something else comes up or the uni offers me a different hall.
Original post by purplefairy82
Thanks for your help purple_fox :smile:

The shower on the promo vid for Rosser G certainly looks much better. Probably the best I'm going to get in halls. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with the extra cost and make Rosser G my 1st choice whilst keeping an eye on private in case something else comes up or the uni offers me a different hall.

No problem :smile:

As for private housing - it tends to get wiped clean by February (massive housing shortage in Aber).

You know, I just remembered, I lived in Cwrt Mawr in first year and I remember commenting to someone that the shower was high pressure, haha. I'm in my 3rd year now so my memory of the shower 2 years ago was pretty foggy.

Anyway, Aber is a fantastic town and uni, you'll love it no matter what the shower is like!
Reply 8
Hate to tell you but as off last academic year you can't chose specific halls, it was changed when everyone applied for accomadation last year, the choices are

single ensuite
single
twin
bunk
single welsh medium
twin welsh medium
and bunk welsh medium

if you go ensuite you will either be in rosser or in alexandra halls
Reply 9
Thanks for your replies everyone,

Applied for accommodation yesterday! Single ensuite (50 weeks) was my 1st choice which I think can only be Rosser G because of the length of the licence period - though I did specify my preference in the other comments section :smile:

AberGal - I'm postgraduate so Rosser G or Clarendon are the main ensuite options for me.

purple_fox27 - I've read about the housing shortage in Aber so hopefully applying early with a confirmed offer will mean that I get my first choice.
Pity that Cwrt Mawr has good showers as from what I've heard/read I don't think it will be peaceful enough for a mature postgrad lol!

I spent quite a bit of time in Aber 9/10 years ago and you're right I do love it and I'm really excited now for September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest