The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth accomodation, nursing.

I have a conditional offer for Bournemouth to study Adult nursing this September. What advice have you got for finding the right accomodation? Please help!! I'm so confused. xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
See where your placement is hun. If its salisbury they have accommodation for staff students etc on site. If its bournemouth maybe a few of you could get together and share xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Jacksondee
See where your placement is hun. If its salisbury they have accommodation for staff students etc on site. If its bournemouth maybe a few of you could get together and share xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will I not get a placement until my results day do you think?xxx
Reply 3
I think we know with our offer letters. But not 100% . X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm from France and I had a conditional offer to study in Bournemouth. I don't know when British students get their A levels results, but I'll know my baccalaureate results in July. That means I'll be able to apply for accommodation only in July! Is that late? Do you think it's going to be harder for me to get a place?
Reply 5
Original post by thefrenchstudent
Hi, I'm from France and I had a conditional offer to study in Bournemouth. I don't know when British students get their A levels results, but I'll know my baccalaureate results in July. That means I'll be able to apply for accommodation only in July! Is that late? Do you think it's going to be harder for me to get a place?

Wow, your English is amazing for being French! I get my A levels half way through August so you'll have a head start to those who are waiting to apply for accommodation after their results. But be aware that people sometimes don't get their accommodation no matter how early they apply. x
Ok! thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, I've been placed in Salisbury, but I really wanted to be in Bournemouth, do you think it's likely that they'll let me change?
If not, anyone living in halls in Salisbury??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I've got the offer letter to start adult nursing in bournemouth in September 2013 (Conditional offer) and it said I was placed in and around bournemouth area, not specifying the location in bournemouth :confused:, I think i'm going to apply for hospital accommodation but i'm not sure which one I should ask for an application from as i'm not sure where exactly I am placed? When should I apply for accommodation and where would anyone recommend? Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 10
Hi I live in Salisbury and work at Salisbury hospital everyone on my fb for bu nursing this sept who orig got Sal were disappointed. But now have come around to it. It's really not do bad honestly and the hosp has the best rate for jobs at end. It's truly a awesome place to work.

With regards to accommodation here is the BU link. http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/accommodation/health_and_social_care_students.html Salisbury hospital have a mass of accommodation for staff and students and staff who have families. The student accom are like flats and are good. Have wifi. Also has reg bus route to town and a gym and pool on site.
I have started a fb page for sept students for bu. so far we have 20 members. https//www.facebook.com/groups/Bournemouthnursing2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Biology boy
I've got the offer letter to start adult nursing in bournemouth in September 2013 (Conditional offer) and it said I was placed in and around bournemouth area, not specifying the location in bournemouth :confused:, I think i'm going to apply for hospital accommodation but i'm not sure which one I should ask for an application from as i'm not sure where exactly I am placed? When should I apply for accommodation and where would anyone recommend? Thanks so much :smile:

Hey! You can't apply for accomodation until your offer is changed to unconditional, like me. I have to wait until I get my A level results to apply for accomodation. I am placed in Salisbury to do my Adult nursing at BU, and there isn't as much variety for accomodation as there is for Bournemouth placements. It depends on what you're looking for, are you looking for the tradition uni experience in halls? Or something quieter? If I was placed in Bournemouth, I'd look at Cranbourne and Purbeck accom. Join our Facebook page for Adult Nursing students for Sep 13 at BU https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bournemouthnursing2013/?notif_t=group_r2j xxx
Original post by Libertyrose95
Hey! You can't apply for accomodation until your offer is changed to unconditional, like me. I have to wait until I get my A level results to apply for accomodation. I am placed in Salisbury to do my Adult nursing at BU, and there isn't as much variety for accomodation as there is for Bournemouth placements. It depends on what you're looking for, are you looking for the tradition uni experience in halls? Or something quieter? If I was placed in Bournemouth, I'd look at Cranbourne and Purbeck accom. Join our Facebook page for Adult Nursing students for Sep 13 at BU https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bournemouthnursing2013/?notif_t=group_r2j xxx

Traditional halls I suppose! Thanks for the help i'll look into the accommodation but will wait till its unconditional, as you said! I've still got to go and do the NHS Bursary, have you done this yet? If so what was it like? Joining now :smile:
Reply 13
The NHS bursary is a real pain. Says on link can take up to 3 hours. Of you are my fb thread re finance it explains all. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Well done! I got one to starting in 2013! :smile: made it my firm.
I have applied for hospital accomidation aleady ( you dont do it threw BU) you have to email the people then they send you a form to fill out.

Any on else done this for the royal bournemouth hospital?
I have been asigned room 159 in block 6 :3
just gotta send of some signed papper work and my deposit now ^^
Reply 15
Original post by Jacksondee
The NHS bursary is a real pain. Says on link can take up to 3 hours. Of you are my fb thread re finance it explains all. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have not had anything about starting to do this yet when id you get that :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Hey

was just wondering what the interview was like for adult nursing? I have an interview coming up on the 29th jan and it would be helpful to know a few pointers! I'm so so nervous :frown:!

Thank you x
Reply 17
Original post by Rhon
Hey

was just wondering what the interview was like for adult nursing? I have an interview coming up on the 29th jan and it would be helpful to know a few pointers! I'm so so nervous :frown:!

Thank you x

Hi, how'd your interview go? Have you applied to many other unis?
Reply 18
Original post by Tottie
Hi, I've been placed in Salisbury, but I really wanted to be in Bournemouth, do you think it's likely that they'll let me change?
If not, anyone living in halls in Salisbury??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I was just wondering if you were able to change your placement locality? as im currently in the same situation x
Reply 19
Original post by Rhon
Hey I was just wondering if you were able to change your placement locality? as im currently in the same situation x

When did you receive your location? Have you firmed bournemouth? Just wondering as i havent heard from them since I was offered a place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending