The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sceezy
Has anyone got a official/unofficial mark scheme for the AQA January 2013 unit 2 paper. Even the actual would do :smile:

I haven't but have you got the paper? If so could you upload it onto here?
Original post by science-oliver
Also what are the functions of the vacuole?

Lower the water potential in the cell. Water is therefore drawn across by osmosis... also keeps the cell turgid i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand this negative pressure in the xylem vessels during transpiration, can someone explain it to me in full detail?
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7
Lower the water potential in the cell. Water is therefore drawn across by osmosis... also keeps the cell turgid i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
I don't understand this negative pressure in the xylem vessels during transpiration, can someone explain it to me in full detail?

That's in relation to atmospheric pressure (pressure in xylem is lower than the atmosphere).
I WAS TOLD THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT IN THE NELSON THRONES BOOK IS WRONG!?

In the chapter about hemoglobin, there is a chunk of information that is incorrect?
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
I WAS TOLD THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT IN THE NELSON THRONES BOOK IS WRONG!?

In the chapter about hemoglobin, there is a chunk of information that is incorrect?

What don't you understand about haemoglobin?
^ No i mean i was told that some of the content about hemoglobin is wrong!?
Original post by Scienceisgood
That's in relation to atmospheric pressure (pressure in xylem is lower than the atmosphere).

Ahhh right, so how does that occur?
Ahhh right, so how does that occur?

Doubt it will ask how it occurs, however, there is a chance it will give you a graph and it may ask you to explain why the pressure is negative.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Doubt it will ask how it occurs, however, there is a chance it will give you a graph and it may ask you to explain why the pressure is negative.

Why is the pressure lower in the xylem than the atmosphere though? Or is that the same question I've just asked? :colondollar:
Why is the pressure lower in the xylem than the atmosphere though? Or is that the same question I've just asked? :colondollar:

You just repeated yourself.
Simply say that the pressure in the xylem is less negative than the atmospheric pressure.

Oh gosh, which parts? :s-smilie:
Hey guys i've got my Starch amylase tomorrow. Any tips on the actual experient and how to set out the table?

I’d be interested to hear what’s meant to be wrong in the book. Apart from the obvious howler on page 151 and the slightly confusing reference to four polypeptide chains alongside an emboldened bullet point for primary structure, I can’t see anything.
Reply 275
Original post by chelseafan
I haven't started revising yet.

naughty boy!tut
Does anyone have the Jan 2013 BIOL2 paper?
Reply 277
Can some one please explain how immunological comparisons of proteins work? The Nelson thornes book confuses me :frown:
Original post by Wintabix
Can some one please explain how immunological comparisons of proteins work? The Nelson thornes book confuses me :frown:

Isn't immunity unit 1?
Original post by omnom
Please can you upload it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try to!

Latest

Trending

Trending