The Student Room Group

What vehicle did you go to PROM in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Guys, I have Yr 11 Prom this year. i go to an all boys school but we get together with our all girls partner school for things like this. I have no idea when it is i just know I have one. No-one's really talking about it at school and I don't want to go. I don't think any of my friends want to. Is it frowned upon if you don't go or is it a perfectly normal thing to do?
i go to prom in a Rickshaw, its actually very romantic if you try it
Original post by SaiDuc
Guys, I have Yr 11 Prom this year. i go to an all boys school but we get together with our all girls partner school for things like this. I have no idea when it is i just know I have one. No-one's really talking about it at school and I don't want to go. I don't think any of my friends want to. Is it frowned upon if you don't go or is it a perfectly normal thing to do?

u dont have to go....they just give u horrible food, and its just people who wear fancy clothes, and when it comes to dancing they look like drunk hobos...so yeaa...
Reply 23
Tractor!!! Somebody turned up in a tardis though which was pretty cool! We just had a standard party afterwards which was pretty good!
I went in a 1950s police car, specifically the one that carried Ruth Ellis to her execution.
Original post by rrazzaq
Tractor!!! Somebody turned up in a tardis though which was pretty cool! We just had a standard party afterwards which was pretty good!

A tardis?! How?!
Reply 26
For prom last year I turned up in (along with two of my closest friends) in my brother's car. My year 11 prom I turned up in my dad's car, haha.

I don't remember what happened after either of them, rofl.
Reply 27
My dad and my mums car dropped six of my friends and I. I'm glad I didn't waste any money on hiring a car, I don't think I missed out on anything. After the ball there was an after party that most of the year went to. That wasn't very good, most people were high on coke and/or weed

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 28
Original post by study beats
u dont have to go....they just give u horrible food, and its just people who wear fancy clothes, and when it comes to dancing they look like drunk hobos...so yeaa...

But is it expected that you go? Do most people go because no-one is really talking about it or is excited, although I know some people in the girls school have bought special prom dresses.
Went in a fire engine, funniest thing ever at the time, a bit cringey now
Reply 30
Original post by SaiDuc
But is it expected that you go? Do most people go because no-one is really talking about it or is excited, although I know some people in the girls school have bought special prom dresses.

Almost every girl bought special prom dresses. And all of us boys spent all of our pocket money on tailored designer suits.

Depends on your school really, for us it was expected that we went, but the people who didn't get along with anybody didn't go.

The food was actually nice btw

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by SaiDuc

dunno
Reply 32
Mother took me and a couple of friends in her green 7 seater LOOOL! No one cared what car you came in as most people were inside the venue, also most people just took cabs tbh. Yh some girl had an after party at her house, just consisted of people getting severely drunk. As I don't drink I took up the position of capturing the beautiful highlights on camera :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by Yasmin54
Mother took me and a couple of friends in her green 7 seater LOOOL! No one cared what car you came in as most people were inside the venue, also most people just took cabs tbh. Yh some girl had an after party at her house, just consisted of people getting severely drunk. As I don't drink I took up the position of capturing the beautiful highlights on camera :biggrin:

Post them on YouTube and then in this convo. We will all give you pos rep you will become TSR famous and live a happy life

Posted from TSR iPad
I'm going in a limousine with like four people in it, which will be interesting. I was playing around with ideas such as hiring an NYPD patrol vehicle, or a "party" fire engine, but apparently they'd seem too embarrassing. Never occurred to me why going to prom in a fire engine would be embarrassing, though :tongue:
Reply 35
My dad took me in some range rover that hadn't been released to the public yet. Don't think anybody cared though :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by anonymouse01
Post them on YouTube and then in this convo. We will all give you pos rep you will become TSR famous and live a happy life

Posted from TSR iPad

Think I'll just get back to my revision, ta :ciao:
Reply 37
Original post by anonymouse01
Almost every girl bought special prom dresses. And all of us boys spent all of our pocket money on tailored designer suits.

Depends on your school really, for us it was expected that we went, but the people who didn't get along with anybody didn't go.

The food was actually nice btw

Posted from TSR iPad

Thanks. I might bunk this one and go next year since I don't think any of my friends are going.
My group is still trying to find transport to go to prom in, any help guys?

I really want to have an after party after prom cause we aren't allowed alcohol, I want it to be memorable

Posted from TSR Mobile
A pink party fire engine.
Not even a joke!

32571_1223577924390_2143614_n.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest