The Student Room Group

Btec science

Iv been in Btec Science since year 9 and now in year 11. What is the point? I feel like Im back in primary will I ever be able to take a real science at college e.g. retake science? or is Science basically gone out of my life? Since at the moment I know I will have to keep BTEC Science being worth nothing but will I be able to retake it at college?
Reply 1
Original post by ChocoholicCox
Iv been in Btec Science since year 9 and now in year 11. What is the point? I feel like Im back in primary will I ever be able to take a real science at college e.g. retake science? or is Science basically gone out of my life? Since at the moment I know I will have to keep BTEC Science being worth nothing but will I be able to retake it at college?

Very unlikely that you could do A-Levels in Sciences at college if you have a BTEC unless you get a distinction (but if you are capable of getting a distinction I don't think you would be entered for BTEC anyway if that makes sense?). Pretty much impossible for a school to enter you for GCSE exams now.
Reply 2
I was in a similar position as you, having only taken Core science not double. I'm doing my A-levels now in humanity subjects, but plan on applying for Science degrees. There is quite a few foundation years (so 4 years long, not 3) if you want to go down that route, like I am :smile:

good luck.
Thank, its just that having BTEC Science has made me look 'dumb' to colleges and its just annoying that its a dead end on science at all but thats btec for ya :/ when i had my college interviews they just saw btec science as nothing and all I can do is foresic science which is btec level 3 they say its equivilent to A level but i know its definately not.

Luckly a college offered me 4 a levels but btec science ruined my chances to do 4 a levels at other colleges
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending