The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by misty00
What do you mean? It said on their website that you should apply from CMUCAS?

I have applied to dentistry through Read Medicine M&D, and yes my back up is pharmacy here in the UK! :frown: wbu?

this link says that CMUCAS from abbey college is the UK representaive for the 1st faculty
http://www.lf1.cuni.cz/en/master-studies#Reps

My bakc ups pharmacy too!!! where hav you got offer from!
Reply 221
does any1 know what the intake number for medicine and dentistry is in charles uni 1st fac. and how many people there are from uk.
Are the exams and the % pass mark for medicine and dentistry different
Reply 222
Original post by patel101
does any1 know what the intake number for medicine and dentistry is in charles uni 1st fac. and how many people there are from uk.
Are the exams and the % pass mark for medicine and dentistry different

The intake is around about 140-150 students.

There are about 10 people that are from the UK every year.

The exams and the pass mark is the same for medical and dental students.
Reply 223
Original post by VoodooTik
The intake is around about 140-150 students.

There are about 10 people that are from the UK every year.

The exams and the pass mark is the same for medical and dental students.

Is that 10 people for dentistry or medicine or both.
Do you live in student accomodation?
Reply 224
Is that 10 people for dentistry or medicine or both.
Do you live in student accomodation?

Just medicine. For dentistry, I'm not sure but I think it is 5 or so.

I don't live in student accomodation.
Reply 225
Just medicine. For dentistry, I'm not sure but I think it is 5 or so.

I don't live in student accomodation.

Did you apply thu CMUCAS and what where the interview like.
When did you get the exam results? did you have to sit around all day whilst you waited, what did you do?

Sorry about all these questions!
Reply 226
Did you apply thu CMUCAS and what where the interview like.
When did you get the exam results? did you have to sit around all day whilst you waited, what did you do?

Sorry about all these questions!

I applied through CMUCAS and the interview was nice. He asked just standard interview questions and maybe one or two ethical questions.

You get the exam results on the day. I can't remember how long you have to wait - maybe 2 or 3 hours? After the test, you can do what you want, but when it is time for the results to be announced, everyone goes into the waiting room (i.e. the dining room) and see if they got an interview or not.
Reply 227
I applied through CMUCAS and the interview was nice. He asked just standard interview questions and maybe one or two ethical questions.

You get the exam results on the day. I can't remember how long you have to wait - maybe 2 or 3 hours? After the test, you can do what you want, but when it is time for the results to be announced, everyone goes into the waiting room (i.e. the dining room) and see if they got an interview or not.

How many people were there?
What did every1 wear?
Reply 228
How many people were there?
What did every1 wear?

Maybe 20-30 people.

You have to wear formal clothes for the interview (blazer, black trousers, tie, etc).
Reply 229
Maybe 20-30 people.

You have to wear formal clothes for the interview (blazer, black trousers, tie, etc).

how many people out of those 30 got an interview? do you find out if you get in straight after the interview?
Reply 230
Original post by s.1995.g
how many people out of those 30 got an interview? do you find out if you get in straight after the interview?

I think about 10 people got an interview, if I can remember correctly.

You find out straight after the interview if you got in or not.
Reply 231
Hi all,
I am preparing for the entrance exam for Charles (June) but I'm stuck as to what to revise for this?
Are there any sites that have the sample questions?
Share your tips and any useful links please, I have searched the forum but nothing has jumped out and answered my question.
I will appreciate any help, tips and useful information.
Thank you guys!
Reply 232
I think about 10 people got an interview, if I can remember correctly.

You find out straight after the interview if you got in or not.

thanks alot! How did you revise for it? did you go to the revision course or did you just use the revision for alevels? do you know where I could find some similar questions to those that are in the test?

thanks for your help
Reply 233
Original post by s.1995.g
thanks alot! How did you revise for it? did you go to the revision course or did you just use the revision for alevels? do you know where I could find some similar questions to those that are in the test?

thanks for your help

I went to the revision course.

I think if you revise the CGP books, you should be fine.
Reply 234
this link says that CMUCAS from abbey college is the UK representaive for the 1st faculty
http://www.lf1.cuni.cz/en/master-studies#Reps

My bakc ups pharmacy too!!! where hav you got offer from!

I will be going to reading if I don't get into dentistry abroad

what about you?
Reply 235
Any help please guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Original post by misty00
I will be going to reading if I don't get into dentistry abroad

what about you?

Ive firmed john moores uni in liverpool
Reply 238
Original post by idoesthis
Hi all,
I am preparing for the entrance exam for Charles (June) but I'm stuck as to what to revise for this?
Are there any sites that have the sample questions?
Share your tips and any useful links please, I have searched the forum but nothing has jumped out and answered my question.
I will appreciate any help, tips and useful information.
Thank you guys!

Hi im doing the exam on may 25th, wbu?

Im not sure either, i want to buy the online revision course, but its so expensive i was thinking i could split the price with someone...i applied through read medicine, wbu?
Reply 239
ENTRANCE EXAM SOON!!!!!!! Is anyone else taking the exam on the 25th of may or 6th of July? and how are you guys preparing?

If anyone has gone through m&d let me know if you want to split the price of the online revision pack, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending