The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Good on tottenham they deserve that CL spot more than Arsenal, for all we know in a few years time tottenham could be challenging for the PL Title lol. Plus its good for us and rvp because we can win the league at Villa
Win for spurs effects in that the :

Advantages: 1) Most importantly yhis will give Man utd players extra urge and determination to win (that would out-way aston villa's urge to get out of relegation battle).

2)Win the title at old trafford (van persie would celebrate it more at old trafford than emirates).

3)Guard of honour for van persie-I would just come to the emirates to watch the fans reaction to Van persie receiving the guard of honour from Arsenal and then go home.lol

4)Give youngsters a game for arsenal match in second half or so.
Original post by diggy
Good on tottenham they deserve that CL spot more than Arsenal, for all we know in a few years time tottenham could be challenging for the PL Title lol. Plus its good for us and rvp because we can win the league at Villa

Chelsea have some tough fixtures still needing to play Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton so it definitely be interesting between the London clubs.
Original post by jam277
Not really, the only thing missing in their game is a top class midfielder. Tell me a part of their team that isn't good enough for europe? Fair enough the wingers have been terrible this season but we've seen earlier that they can be devastating on top form(see valencia last season, nani the season before) and zaha is no mug either, he'll step up clearly... their game would be devastating if they could control the midfield better with a roy keane type player and a carrick replacement for squad depth.

Don't think they will dominate europe though but definitely become a better team in europe than this and last season.
Who would you want to see score title winning goal?

Scholes/Giggs for their status at the club? RvP for his cantona like introduction? Vidic for his captaincy?
Original post by diggy

Don't you want revenge for 01?
Reply 2807
Original post by Tommyjw

Scholes/Giggs for their status at the club? RvP for his cantona like introduction? Vidic for his captaincy?

We'll be playing against Aston Villa at home so I think we'll win this match by more than 1 goal definitely, lol. But if we did only win it by 1 goal, to be honest I would probably like Hernandez to get that winning goal.
Reply 2808
Original post by tommyjw

Ummm...WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH???
Original post by Tommyjw

Carrick, for his consistently excellent performances all season being one of the main factors behind the title win. :smile:
I don't see why we would weaken our line-ups for Arsenal and the rest of our games - we're only playing in the league and as much as the squad needs game-time, the only changes will probably be at centre-back with Rio/Vidic alternating and up front.

RVP's guard of honour - it'd be great if he walked out with that cocky grin he has when he scores goals but he'll have to downplay it.
Original post by Tommyjw

Rooney to get the press off his back.
Van Persie hat-trick to get in the lead for the Golden Boot, followed up by a ban on Suarez soon after :coma:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Van Persie hat-trick to get in the lead for the Golden Boot, followed up by a ban on Suarez soon after :coma:

Lol. Hopefully done at the emirates. Wonder if he'll celebrate if he gets a hattrick.
RVP to score the goal that denies Arsenal a CL spot. :moon:
Original post by SirMasterKey
I see no reason why not considering we have nothing else to play for..

Had nothing to play for in 2001, after winning the title around Easter, and ended up losing the final three games (Derby, Southampton, Spurs). Though the team against Derby wasn't as weak as I remember. This is the squad for the Southampton game: -

Goram, Irwin, Phil Neville, Brown, Johnsen, Chadwick, Stewart, Wallwork, Fortune, Yorke, Giggs. Subs: Van Der Gouw, May, Clegg, Wilson, Djordjc.

Different to a game against Arsenal/Wenger, I know. It wouldn't surprise me to see (more than usual) rotation, though I still expect a strong squad.
Reply 2816
I don't think we'll be resting anyone, aren't the players still after that points record? 81 points with 15 still left to play for, even if we dont make the points record they'll still probably try and get as many points as possible to prove all the doubters wrong who said this Man Utd side are one of the weakest champions ever. 90+ points would probably do well to disproving that theory.
Reply 2817
Trust me, arsenal are going down next Sunday . SAF knows that this team is good but not as good as previous teams so he will try compensate but breaking the total points record but we cant do that if we lose at Arsenal...... since when did Arsenal become a threat? They haven't beaten any TOP side this season why should they beat us? Did anyone even see their last few games ? they've been poor. Can't wait for their players giving us a guard of honor.
Original post by Saf94
I don't think we'll be resting anyone, aren't the players still after that points record? 81 points with 15 still left to play for, even if we dont make the points record they'll still probably try and get as many points as possible to prove all the doubters wrong who said this Man Utd side are one of the weakest champions ever. 90+ points would probably do well to disproving that theory.

Maybe, and I'm not saying weak teams will be sent out, but I think for SAF cautiously giving young players more game time, seeing how they do, is more important than trying to set new records. I really don't think he's too concerned with having to justify any talk of this being one of the worst title winning sides by setting records. As far as he'll be concerned the talking has been done.

Can't wait to hear what Pool fans will say to this. Bet they use Cantona as justification.

Vile human being.

Latest