The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isabellerhart
Is it quite a popular one? I'm mostly going for the prices! Do you think it's worth applying for a washbasin room? I live in Lancaster at the moment, it's about 4 hours away from Southampton. Where are you?

Yh same, glen eyre is more pricey. Well I'm applying for ensuite or enhanced. Depends on what you feel suits you really. I live in London which is like 1hr30 mins away by fast train. What course did you apply for?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by xLovelovelove
I've gone for Wessex Lane too because of its social aspects, the enhanced room though :tongue:

Yh I heard its near more sports facilities, which is great. Yh I will be picking the enchanced or ensuite. Still deciding lol :smile:)
Is the gym free to use for every student at Wessex Lane, or is there an additional charge?
Original post by A Wise Ninja
Is the gym free to use for every student at Wessex Lane, or is there an additional charge?

Gym membership is included in all hall prices i think alongside bus use
Original post by Sophi12
Gym membership is included in all hall prices i think alongside bus use

No way! Didn't even know that haha, any idea where it is in relation to Wessex lane?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, just firmed Southampton today for English and Music!
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Yh same, glen eyre is more pricey. Well I'm applying for ensuite or enhanced. Depends on what you feel suits you really. I live in London which is like 1hr30 mins away by fast train. What course did you apply for?

Definitely Wessex lane then! I've applied for French and Spanish. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Reading this thread is making me feel like I'll be living in Glen Eyre all by myself :lol:
Reply 108
I thought glen halls were a lot nicer than wessex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just BMus Music here!
Wessex didnt look as bad as i thought it would, glen eyre is definitely a bit greener and more pleasant but they both look liveable in lol. I got to look around some of the flats in wessex, and i would definitely advise an enhanced room or ensuite, as the basic ones without a washbasin were pretty grim, then again, its the people who make it so i dont think its a biggy if you dont get where you want.
Reply 111
If anyone has any questions about the Uni or Archers Road I'd happily answer any questions, just quote me.
Original post by Deshi
If anyone has any questions about the Uni or Archers Road I'd happily answer any questions, just quote me.

How does student usage for the indoor swimming pool work, is there a membership or one-time usage charge?
Reply 113
Hi guys I'm from Malaysia.. Currently waiting to come to Southampton..
Original post by afiqq13
Hi guys I'm from Malaysia.. Currently waiting to come to Southampton..

Hi..what course have u firmed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by TristanHedges
English Channel > Mersey River
Southerners > Scousers (No offence)
Also Southampton is Russell Group and just has a generally better reputation as a Uni. Night life would be quality in Liverpool and a bit cheaper. But lets be honest wherever you go night outs are gonna be good if you're at uni. Also depends what subject you're planning on doing and what sort of accommodation, montefiore looks like some the most fun halls I looked at. What you planning on studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im studying history and german and it's great for both, I'm just so stuck, I'm from Leeds aswell so my only worry with Southampton is if I get there, realise I didn't make the right chpice and wanted to come home often, I wouldn't be able to.
Original post by KatieMonc
Im studying history and german and it's great for both, I'm just so stuck, I'm from Leeds aswell so my only worry with Southampton is if I get there, realise I didn't make the right chpice and wanted to come home often, I wouldn't be able to.

History and German? That's cool, also at Southampton both of those are on avenue campus so you have your own library etc from highfield (not sure what its like at Liverpool). With the distance, you are more than likely to love whichever Uni you go to, so that shouldn't be a concern :smile: Also, Liverpool is a major European city, whereas Southampton is much smaller so will feel much more student-dominated rather than a night out with random Liverpudlians haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Original post by A Wise Ninja
How does student usage for the indoor swimming pool work, is there a membership or one-time usage charge?

The membership for the swimming pool comes with the Sports Rec, which gives you access to the Gym, access to other sports facilities and allows you to play intra-mural sports and the like. I'm pretty sure you can get one-time usages as well, but I've always had a sports rec so can't be a 100% sure.

If you're into sport and fitness at all though, I would recommend you get the sports rec, definitely worth it over the whole year.
Reply 118
Original post by Balla kensley
Hi..what course have u firmed?<br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />
Hi Balla, well its Actuarial Science. Btw guys is there any program that can improve my english?? Haha
Hey I have firmed for Adult Nursing starting Srptember... which accomodation is best for nurses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending