The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Ferguson seriously considering retirement according to the Telegraph. Wow.
You should try and get Mourinho if it's true.
:frown:
I've given up speculating, the rumour happens at the end of every season tbh, seems strange he would step down now, surely he'd want to see the club reach the end of the season and make the transition.
I'll never believe it until it's official!
Original post by doggyfizzel
I've given up speculating, the rumour happens at the end of every season tbh, seems strange he would step down now, surely he'd want to see the club reach the end of the season and make the transition.

"Sources telling me various United officials have been told to prepare for interviews. Major networks have cleared air time. #SAF"

Lots of ppl saying it
No Fergie don't retire yet :frown:
But just in case it is true...

Spoiler

Reply 3428
Am I the only one thinking that it's not simply coincidence that this is being timed with the departure of Mourinho from Madrid?

That pisses me off.
If it happens then you guys might get to decide if Mourinho>Chelsea actually happens.

I reckon Klopp would take the position as well. This would decimate Dortmund though what with Gotze off and Lewandowski seemingly hunted by Bayern as well.
Original post by Yawn-er
Am I the only one thinking that it's not simply coincidence that this is being timed with the departure of Mourinho from Madrid?

That pisses me off.

I also have this suspicion. Would hate it if that was the case.
I wonder if this story would have emerged if it wasn't said that SAF was off for hip surgery this summer.

Nothing to say until anything is official but alot of stars seem to be aligning when you consider Moyes' possible departure from Everton, Mourinho to leave Madrid and possibly Klopp to be tempted away from Dortmund especially if he wins the CL.

Moyes would be a gamble.
Apparently news will be either 10am tomorrow or on sunday... ?

Some saying its Moyes assistant manager for a year then taking over.

Don't like Moyes
Reply 3433
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I also have this suspicion. Would hate it if that was the case.

You and me both. He's just pulled the carpet out from under CFC. Could be one final blow to prevent us from challenging Utd tbh.

Fergie's a mastermind to the last.
Reply 3434
Has Moyes won a trophy?

Good manager but certainly not good enough for Manchester United.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
You should try and get Mourinho if it's true.

If United have any sense they won't touch that bell-end with a barge pole.

Klopp, or Solskjaer in as number 2 alongside Ferguson for a year before taking over.

Solskjaer will also be given more time by the fans.
Original post by Wilfred Little
If United have any sense they won't touch that bell-end with a barge pole.

Klopp, or Solskjaer in as number 2 alongside Ferguson for a year before taking over.

Solskjaer will also be given more time by the fans.

tbh I doubt that Klopp would want to be an assistant manager
Original post by TH3-FL45H
tbh I doubt that Klopp would want to be an assistant manager

No, I said Klopp, or Solskjaer in as number 2. Meaning Solskjaer in as number 2. Hence why I said: Solskjaer in as number 2.

Worded badly though I must admit.

Klopp's got a good thing going on at Dortmund but if he's going to lose all his star players to Bayern I don't know if there's much he can do there after this season.
Solskjaer, as promising as he might be and a fans' favourite, is not in any position to be replacing SAF yet. He needs a job in England to really test himself.

Moyes seems to be the strong favourite atm but again, he's done an outstanding job at Everton but I'm abit weary with him taking over as it's in Europe where he could be found out.
The rumours right now are just that, rumours. At the beginning of the season I heard that the club were preparing for Fergie's departure this summer as a result of the health scare he suffered last summer. He was taken into hospital for an alleged nose bleed in May 2012 but apparently there was more to it that didn't come out. I was tweeting until about November time that he was definitely off this summer ... but then all the signs since then have kind of suggested to me that he's staying and I started thinking he'll stay for another season.

At the moment I'm not sure what to think, if he does retire then it'd be what I expected to begin with but I'd still be surprised and if he doesn't then I'm kinda expecting that too.

Latest