The Student Room Group

AQA AS History - Unit 1M - USA 1890-1945- Tuesday 14th may 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by historykatie
Personly I would say having an overview is the best for the exam so read the text book from start to finish then after knowing what happens and why.. then try and learn and remember factual contex (% and numbers ect but mainly just round them up so instead of trying to remember 4,946,643 votes just say 5million) our teacher said the marker gets around10p per paper they mark and they have to mark hundreds so just keep that in mind they don't remember everything and arn't going to not give you a mark for not getting the exact number

Yeah reading the textbook is key! however, it has lots of useless knowledge in it. I found a condensed version on Get Revising that is only about 60 pages :smile:
It scares me when people said the started revision at christmas/easter I started about 2 weeks ago.. Just so unorganised regret it now though!
This history exam is taking up most of my time now though it feels like after tuesday I have no more exams and can relax haha even though I've got maths, re and biology.. Oh dear :frown:
Oh thanks I give that website a go!
Reply 43
Original post by chelseafan
We've only done the first 2 parts. Haven't covered the new deal so we don't get a choice of what question to do.

Have you done WW2?
Reply 44
It scares me when people said the started revision at christmas/easter I started about 2 weeks ago.. Just so unorganised regret it now though!
This history exam is taking up most of my time now though it feels like after tuesday I have no more exams and can relax haha even though I've got maths, re and biology.. Oh dear :frown:

And Unit 2 History??
Yeah our school's unit 2 is henry the 8th stuggle for supremacy.. What's your topic?
Original post by Xx4L3x
Have you done WW2?

Nope.
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Yeah reading the textbook is key! however, it has lots of useless knowledge in it. I found a condensed version on Get Revising that is only about 60 pages :smile:

Can you link me to that please?
Reply 48
Nope.

wow so your teacher has done half of the course?
Original post by Xx4L3x
wow so your teacher has done half of the course?

No 3/4.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
No 3/4.

brill
Original post by Xx4L3x
brill

Just means we don't a get a choice of the questions. Have to do the first 2.
Reply 52
Just means we don't a get a choice of the questions. Have to do the first 2.

Is your teacher sure that the first 2 questions will always be the same periods?
I think that the Fall and Rise of the KKK (12)
How immigration was not the only cause for the economic boom (24)

and maybe

How Hoover was the main cause for the Great Depression might come up (24)

I did the Jan 2013 paper and the questions were:

1a) span american war (12)
b) TR's ploices (24)

2a)Volstead Act (12)
b) Organised Crime (24)

3a) New Deal (12)
b) Second New Deal (24)
Our teacher said yeah the questions follow a time period. sometimes they overlap but hey ho hopefully not in our exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xx4L3x
Is your teacher sure that the first 2 questions will always be the same periods?

Yeah 1890-1920 and 1920-30.
Reply 56
Our teacher said yeah the questions follow a time period. sometimes they overlap but hey ho hopefully not in our exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh i can't see new deal overlapping with prohibition
Can you link me to that please?

You need to sign up for get revising to view it :smile:

But once you do: http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/the_usa_1890_1945_notes
Original post by Phil Dunphy
You need to sign up for get revising to view it :smile:

But once you do: http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/the_usa_1890_1945_notes

Yeah already have and thanks.
Original post by Xx4L3x
yeh i can't see new deal overlapping with prohibition

I mean like the previous question 1; why harding was elected in 1920 it overlaps as its in section 2 of the aqa revision book. As normally the question 1 is in regards to section 1 in the book. But to your quote no you're right however the repeal of the 18th amemdment did mean government got tax from alcohol, money in government funding to go towards for example the FHA.. So yes yes I can see it
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending